Optica Plane...no electrical when battery is flipped on. Engine won't start...instruments don't become energized and live...

I use external power.  I then turn on the battery ....start engine,  instruments come live...and then die.  Battery switch is on...Alternator/Generator is on...

What's happening....and then, the engine dies...and won't start...as if the entire plane is electrically dead.

Having trouble with this one...HELP!

Anybody own this?  How do you get to a stable engine start from cold...and it stays running with instruments energized?

Post Edit. If you own and fly this plane...could you please do a step by step reply to get this thing into the air!  Yes, I read the guide...but it truly is not clear as how to get a stable running condition, with instruments energized. If you do an easy CTRL-E start...you get an engine start, but no flight instruments and Garmin initialization. Nothing... and there is a constant DOUBLE CLICK sound in the cockpit...that I would very much like to identify and if that is how the plane running is coded...that would drive me to not ever use this plane any further...what an irritant!   Can someone advise me what that sound is...it is click, click......click click...  What is that coming from?!??

Thanks!

Edited by Orbx Flyer

7 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I use external power.  I then turn on the battery ....start engine,  instruments come live...and then die.  Battery switch is on...Alternator/Generator is on...

What's happening....and then, the engine dies...and won't start...as if the entire plane is electrically dead.

Having trouble with this one...HELP!

Anybody own this?  How do you get to a stable engine start from cold...and it stays running with instruments energized?

Post Edit. If you own and fly this plane...could you please do a step by step reply to get this thing into the air!  Yes, I read the guide...but it truly is not clear as how to get a stable running condition, with instruments energized. If you do an easy CTRL-E start...you get an engine start, but no flight instruments and Garmin initialization. Nothing... and there is a constant DOUBLE CLICK sound in the cockpit...that I would very much like to identify and if that is how the plane running is coded...that would drive me to not ever use this plane any further...what an irritant!   Can someone advise me what that sound is...it is click, click......click click...  What is that coming from?!??

Thanks!

I had an issue like that in testing so I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft.  Problem went away.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have moved this from the P3D v5 forum, on the assumption that it must be the Orbx MSFS version of the Optica.

I am no expert but there are apparently in game checklists to lead you through what you should do.

Here is the page from the user guide.

1.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have moved this from the P3D v5 forum, on the assumption that it must be the Orbx MSFS version of the Optica.

I am no expert but there are apparently in game checklists to lead you through what you should do.

Here is the page from the user guide.

1.jpg

Thanks Nick...it is for MSFS.

5 minutes ago, John Dow said:

I had an issue like that in testing so I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft.  Problem went away.

Thanks John...I just did a VERIFY of the files...can you tell me what the HECK, that audible 'click, click.......click, click.....click, click' sound is in the cockpit?  Lord..I hope that is not how this bird sounds, normally!  Did you totally uninstall, or merely VERIFY the files?  Thanks!  Post Edit,  I'm going to uninstall and then reinstall as you did...and I hope that makes this purchase usable and flyable!  Geez....

Edited by Orbx Flyer

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Totally uninstalled.  The click click is probably the ignition key up the top of the pillar, mine was animating as though it was an normal starter key going into the start and out again.

Thanks John...so that is a bug then...I'll try the plane again...and hope my uninstall and then install, and then verify, will correct this. I'm hoping that click click and repeat...is not supposed to be present...or this is a bust purchase....  Thanks.

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Optica Plane...no electrical when battery is flipped on. Engine won't start...instruments don't become energized and live...
1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Fixed.

Doug, what is fixed.  I double installed, (had to) and got the engine to start...and found out that the clicking sound is the sound of the brake handle moving up or down, but it keeps making that sound even if the brake is off and the handle is not 'moved'.  Also, I can NOT get into the air with a full length runway lift off, (trim is set to take-off)...and if I do, barely,  the plane (flight model) is incontrollable...and my wings drop, in stall, and I crash to the ground.  I also can NOT (no engine power!?!??!)  get barely past 60 knots...and in the air...nothing over 60...which leads to a drop wing stall and crash to the ground.  What do you mean was fixed?   As is...this aircraft is unflyable at v1.01 ...and the sound of the brake lever constantly firing off in the sound module (cockpit environment), with no movement up or down, is intolerable as is.  Thank you...and waiting for your reply.

Edited by Orbx Flyer

9 hours ago, John Dow said:

Totally uninstalled.  The click click is probably the ignition key up the top of the pillar, mine was animating as though it was an normal starter key going into the start and out again.

John, the click that I am hearing as I move at taxi, or attempt to take off from a roll...is the sound you will hear, if you move the Brake Lever, up or down...it 'clicks'.  I get that no matter if the brake is off....and laying flat against the console.  Is driving me crazy enough not to use this product, even if I didn't have other issues with it, namely, I can't barely get this to rotate, and stay in the air...all my attempts this morning...since a double (your recommendation) reinstall of the files....to take a flight has ended in a left wing, drop and stall (can't get the engine to produce power...and yes, it is running with both fuel valves open, and the Fuel Pump set to on, and Fuel Mixture set to 100 percent rich,...for take off roll out) . I have not modified the load out of the plane.  Stock from installation. Right now...this product and purchase is literally unusable.  I hope Doug will offer a solution, or will get a refund going for me.  

Edited by Orbx Flyer

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I just fixed your typo. :)

Thanks...and Doug...I can't fly this plane...can't keep it in the air (flight model issues?)...and the sound of the brake lever 'clicking sound'  keeps looping...when moving at taxi...with no use of the Brake Lever.  I can't use this purchase, Doug...could you start a refund request for me?  If not...how to achieve that?  I just bought this plane, this morning. I do formally request a refund of purchase.  Thanks.  Doug, I'm just not happy with the product, as is.

Edited by Orbx Flyer

35 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

To apply for a refund, please use the below link.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Also, please see this other below link.

https://orbxdirect.com/refunds

Thank you very much for the above info...truly!  Cheers!

I read the REFUND policy and have made my request. Thank you Doug!  Much appreciated.

Post Edit: Doug, I am about to  uninstall it from MSFS and will expect it (the EA-7 Optica) to be deleted from my Account after refund.  Thank you!

Post Edit 2:  Now uninstalled from MSFS, using Orbx Central.

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, John Dow said:

Have you made sure that you are using the Modern flight model and not the Legacy model? 

Yes John, and thanks for that head's up. It was on Modern...all my flights are with that as enabled.  I took two birds after I changed up planes, and they were wonderfully behaved...rotation,  climb, power...all of it.   The EA-7 is going back to the manufacturer, lol!   Tried it...and the experience was a fail.  Thanks for posting!  

O.F.

Hello,

for the record, the aircraft was fully tested and for most people, it does not display the characteristics

that you have experienced.

I can only replicate them if I attempt to fly the aircraft using the Legacy flight model.

In that case, it does indeed display most of those characteristics.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

for the record, the aircraft was fully tested and for most people, it does not display the characteristics

I can only replicate them if I attempt to fly the aircraft using the Legacy flight model.

I deleted it Nick but will reload and try once more....with  being certain that MODERN is showing as enabled before I load a take a flight. I will report shortly. I can't imagine that if you have MODERN as the flight model on, it would not color that characteristic....but never say never.  If you replicated all that I stated...I'll try again with MODERN in the mask, enabled. TTYL.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hello Nick....just got back from a successful flight using the EA-7...which tells me, that MSFS still has 'hidden' bugs...and here is why I think so:

I own MSFS Premium Deluxe.

As stated, since opening this thread...all of the failures to fly, rotate maintain climb...with every case...a severe wing drop...stall, and crash to a Morgue slab.

With reading your post...I reloaded from Orbx Central again...and then fired up MSFS Premium Deluxe.  When at my 'home screen', the very first thing I did was to go to check out what FLIGHT MODEL was showing in the box.  It was MODERN.  Ok...thought as much...it was showing throughout my inibility to control this aircraft.  

What did I do?   I on purpose,  APPLED  LEGACY,  and then imediatly after that, once more applied MODERN, with APPLY locking it in

I then, and only then, brought up my HANGAR, and selected the white default livery EA-7, and selected KPGD.  Crossing my fingers...I took to the threshold, and started my roll.  I gained the air...started a stable climb at 70 Knots,  and with a 5 percent climb rate, made out to 2,800 at a climb speed of 70-75 Knots, at full throttle.  I did three circuits of KPGD, and then turned onto final, landed with a controlled 'flair' and turned off of the runway I had taken off from.  Even at full throttle, I never could gain higher than around 70-80 Knots. (is this normal, with a ceiling height of reported 14,000 feet?)

I had a controlled landing at 55-60 Knots, and taxied to Civil.

My MSFS WAS on MODERN as it took me to my Home Page.  The only thing I did, that I had not done yesterday, was to actually cycle that setting from Modern, to Legacy, and right back to Modern, with an APPLY for each switch.  So....something is wonky.  Perhaps,  with the latest Nordic update (?!?!?!)   Even if the FLIGHT MODEL shows in the sim as MODERN, it might just be acting as LEGACY (!?!?!??!).  So...I finally got a controlled flight out of the plane.

I have a question.  Even at full throttle,  and barely a 3 percent climb rate on the horizon....can this plane only generate 70-80 knots, and only that, at full throttle...because that is all I can obtain.  I did not have any wing dip or threat of stall even at 60 knots...but is this plane so truly underpowered?  How do you get to 10,000 feet?

So,  with having to (as John did...) to reinstall the plane twice into MSFS, and then purposefully switch from MODERN to LEGACY, back to MODERN , something is indeed going on here.  MSFS?   Wonky coding of the Flight Model?   Anyways...I got a first controlled flight, but only in doing something nobody including myself would normally do, to recycle a setting that came up from MSFS initialization as showing MODERN for flight model.  Just a head's up to other readers....you might want to cycle Modern to Legacy and back to Modern with applies...NO MATTER that your MSFS showed you in MODERN mode.   You might (hidden bug...) just NOT BE!  

O.F.

Edited by Orbx Flyer