Taipei - NVIDIA Computex featuring Orbx Virtual Intro...

was amazed to see the NVIDIA Computex Keynote was introduced by an MFS sequence flying into Taipei - & cool to see the Orbx logo!

they mentioned it was to be made available as an addon after the keynote - & sure enough freeware Taipei Landmarks available on Central now,

it was real neat to see the MFS Taipei sky suddenly populate with other flyers...

(& the NVIDIA keynote is worth fully watching)...

Cmy5kcz.jpg

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful image and apart from Taipei 101, a place I know nothing about.

I have lived there for 7.5 years, both my kids were born there. It's a fantastic place to live, I can assure you; very friendly people (my son didn't like them too much though, because everybody wanted to grab his blond hair) and if you are into Chinese food, there aren't too many places outside of mainland China, where you'll find such a diversity on a relatively small place like Taipei. For food junkies like me it's just pure heaven!! I go visit this city every second year. 

15 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

& Pete @renault,

can we dream that MFS/Orbx Taipei being the featured Intro of the NVIDIA Keynote that DLSS is coming to MFS?

Hi Craig

I hope so, I really do.  I suspect though that it may depend on which company supplies the GPU for the XBoxX (I've read that it will feature a customized

AMD GPU (  Xbox Series X Review: Game Pass to the Future | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)  )

AMD is introducing a competitor product to DLSS , but it appears to be fundamentally different concept to the AI approach that Nvidia uses in DLSS.

AMD's DLSS Competitor, FidelityFX Super Resolution Is Launching on June 22 - IGN

It may be an enhanced/new approach to conventional upscaling techniques that still gives you the benefit of rendering at a lower 

resolution but producing a higher resolution image.  It's not to say that it is bad, or unworkable at all. It just may be different.

However DLSS will not work with AMD I believe as DLSS uses dedicated Tensor cores which are AI accelerator cores.

The are only available on Nvidia RTX series cards.

Of course, since PC's have GPU's from a both vendors depending upon the individual owner's preference , I don't think it necessarily

means that whatever is coded for the XBoxX gpu system would be the only choice available or necessarily be a poorer choice.

We'll just have to wait and see, but in either case I believe that we will see the benefit in future updates. The rendering uplift from the concept is truly a 

game changer in terms of how much more efficiently a rendering engine can run at much higher frame rates. 

So regardless of which system is implemented I think we will all enjoy the benefit.

And that's about all I know :) 

Cheers

Pete

On 6/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, renault said:

My topic today is

a) investigate and learn about it 

b) Take a flight 

This is a great screenshot

As an ambassador  you have done a super job !!

Cheers

Pete  

PS- it is a very nice gesture indeed :)

+1 - :):)

Archived