Synchronize simulator

Hi Stew

Below is a quote by Ben I believe. 

Sync Simulator

“This will perform a few steps to ensure all Orbx scenery will appear in your simulator. For ESP (which I assume you're using), it will:

Ensure the simulator can "see" all of the libraries you have created in Central. For Prepar3D v4, this means adding the library locations as DiscoveryPaths in add-ons.cfg.

Look through all of the Orbx scenery, and disable any files that should be disabled. For example, if you have an Orbx airport scenery installed, Central will disable the corresponding anti-requisite files that come with the region (this avoids double-ups of airport buildings, and avoids elevation issues).

Adds missing scenery to scenery.cfg, removes unused entries for uninstalled scenery. Then, it sorts both the scenery.cfg and add-on.xml entries, layering them based on the "insertion point" setting in Central.

Ensures Orbx's modifications to terrain.cfg are present.

Rebuilds the OF_Config.xml file so that ObjectFlow knows what Orbx scenery is installed.”

Hi, Doug.  Thank you.  Any opinion on when this function should be carried out?  It sounds like it's a cure for a problematic scenery.cfg or the Add-ons.cfg. or the terrain.cfg.  And will it possibly cure the terrain anomalies I mentioned in my post?  Or is that the proper use of "Verify Files"?

Stew

Hi, Doug.  Thanks for the feedback.  I'll try both and see what happens.  The terrain problem I encountered involved solid land being where water should be.  This was around the border between PFJ and SAK.  Will post any results--I can't help but think the problem is a result of the upgrade to v4.5 hf3, but why that would be so, I don't have a clue.

Stew

4 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hi, Doug.  Thanks for the feedback.  I'll try both and see what happens.  The terrain problem I encountered involved solid land being where water should be.  This was around the border between PFJ and SAK.  Will post any results--I can't help but think the problem is a result of the upgrade to v4.5 hf3, but why that would be so, I don't have a clue.

Stew

Stew

Do you have Tongass Fjords installed? That sounds like the issue especially around PASI. If so the fix is on RTMM.

Greg

2 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Thanks, Greg.  Yes, I do.  Guess I'll check RTMM first. 

Stew

@gregmorin Greg, Can you point me to right discussion at the RTMM forums?  I looked around but was unable to find what might be a solution.  The problem is definitely with the Tongass Fjords entries.  When I disable them in the scenery.cfg, there is water where there is supposed to be.  Also, the borderline where the land anomaly begins is exactly on the border where the PFJ region ends, that is, the western-most boundary of PFJ which buts up against the eastern boundary of Tongass Fjords.

Stew

Hi, Mike.  Thanks for the tip.  I may have to reinstall Tongass Fjords, but will check.

Stew

Edit to add:  I'm going to do a re-install, since with the recent upgrade to P3Dv4.5, the terrain.cfg was completely new, with no Tongass Fjord entries.

1 hour ago, Mickel said:

Hi Stew

Take a look at this thread:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491556-installing-tongass-fjords-x-prepar3d-v3-v4/

Hopefully that helps.

Mike

Looking over Poppet's instructions for installing Tongass Fjords, it certainly looks like a re-install is needed.  My upgrade to P3Dv4.5 hf3 (a complete one, that is), resulted in a default terrain.cfg (of course), so no Tongass Fjords entries were there.  Thanks for the tip, and I'll slog through the re-installation.  Since I've done it before, it shouldn't be too bad.

Stew

Just to let everyone know Tongass Fjords was successfully installed this morning and afternoon, and everything looks fine.  Hoping to catch some of the AI specific to this region--already spotted a DHC-2 Beaver with floats.  But there are many others.

Stew

Archived