My "Rejects" for this month

EagleSkinner

The SWS Okavango scenery is rather special, isn't it? Leave assists off and finding the campsand airfields needs a lot of DR flying, luck and guesswork. Even with assists, you still have to be close to find things, but hey, practice makes perfect and I have only been buzzing the area for just short of 10 hours. But what is great fun is that the whole region is so photogenic, that there is much to be discovered every time you take off. More to the point, you don't even need to land at set airfields. There are enough open spaces to drop a STOL cab anywhere. Anywhere, that is if you don't mind having a herd of heffalumps, hippopopadoms and 10 foot long necked horses in their jim jams.

Incidentally, are there any zebras, lions, tigers etc.? I have spotted some gazelle.

So here's som imagery I passed over for the April comp:

okavango38.thumb.jpg.5ed4da258e74e9449896b4e02d5cef8c.jpg

okavango35.thumb.jpg.418e64d19f9c97c2a238237815827296.jpg

okavango28.thumb.jpg.121c9e01bb3cd9de25fd4fd94e1b2b27.jpg

okavango24.thumb.jpg.542c85526e0e584a3c1b547b29170262.jpg

okavango12a.thumb.jpg.d4ddc1f751b6f56e9050cf218fcbc87f.jpg

Beautiful scenery and sounds like a blast.

I wasn't going to invest in any M$F$ add ons but already I have the Austrian airports and the Jabiru.

Now sorely tempted by this excellent scenery.

I laughed at your hippopopodums as my wife had trouble pronouncing the word when she first came to Australia and called them hippopopomums. We still use the same name today along with rhinosonot. :lol:

Tiggers are not a native to Africa but they have been introduced to some parks in South Africa.;)

15 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

If you landed that baby on a veldt of lions - their reaction would make a great video :).

Well I did fly over some in a helicopter near some in Kenya (real life). The only reaction from the big male lying in the sun was a huge yawn. I think he had already had his Gazelle for lunch (Thomsons, that is. Not the Aerospatiale one I was flying in.)

Talking Gazelles... I was nearly brought down by one as we were flying (very) low over the Masai Mara. We flew over a rise and startled a herd of "Tommys". They have an amazing vertical acceleration when the need to "offski". Think of the damage report... "Gazelle cat 5 due to gazelle strike"

6 hours ago, EagleSkinner said:

Well I did fly over some in a helicopter near some in Kenya (real life). The only reaction from the big male lying in the sun was a huge yawn. I think he had already had his Gazelle for lunch (Thomsons, that is. Not the Aerospatiale one I was flying in.)

Talking Gazelles... I was nearly brought down by one as we were flying (very) low over the Masai Mara. We flew over a rise and startled a herd of "Tommys". They have an amazing vertical acceleration when the need to "offski". Think of the damage report... "Gazelle cat 5 due to gazelle strike"

Had your chopper that 'Zebra' style paint, the lion my have come over and had your collective for dessert.

Archived