Orbx True Earth Blurry/Low Resolution

Hi there, I noticed that my TE (True Earth) Products are looking very blurry/low resolution. 

Please find attatched images for a little more context, and better understanding

Would be greatly Apprechaited if someone could resolve this :) 

2021-3-17_10-40-7-931.png

2021-3-17_10-40-21-686.png

Hello,

can you please post coordinates, your system specs and P3D settings when you took those shots.

As general advice, the scenery is best enjoyed at a slow speed, with a limited frame rate

and at low level.

This and indeed all other scenery, do not take kindly to the use of complex aircraft, flown

at high speed and an unlimited frame rate.

System Specs

Motherboard ASUS TUF B360-PLUS GAMING
Processor Intel Core i7 9700F, 8C/8T, 3.0GHz – 4.7GHz
CPU Cooler 3XS 240mm AIO Liquid Cooler
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz DDR4
Graphics Card 11GB EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION
Power Supply Corsair CX550M – 80PLUS

All of my TrueEarth, no matter where I go is blurry and low resolution

These shots were took at Orbx EGNX, With Orbx TrueEarth too

FrameRate Capped at 60FPS

This is a complete joke. I have paid hundreds of pounds and my products are still very blurry and it m2021-3-27_13-49-58-461.thumb.png.5208f3c863ea24ffbc5d22a35393cba6.png2021-3-27_13-49-47-697.thumb.png.41d90db3ee816c7e3b478a5931bc0462.pngakes my sim look very unappealing and the realism factor has went out the window. My pc is more than capable of running TE,  This has only started to happen (10Days ago when i first made my post) 

I absolutely love Orbx Products, but i need a fix to this. 

It's worked before. 

Hey Taylor,

Typically "the blurries" are the result of processing power not being able to keep the pace of scenery decompress / display.

If no blurries were being experienced 10 days ago, then the suspect would be a change on the workstation powering the sim.

e.g. something that has increased the load factor thus preventing the sim being able to keep up with scenery display.

A quick check for this sort of issue is if the sim is paused the scenery should eventually catchup, does such happen ?

Do you monitor CPU / GPU? Monitoring such KPi's can provide insight to load on the sim.

Is your monitor 30 Hz capable? if so try a 30 Hz Vsync as such a setting will lower the load by limiting to 30 fps and thus allow more processing time to be allocated to scenery loading. The NVidia driver also includes half monitor Hz Vsync options should the monitor be limited to 60 Hz.

Another thing to check is dust and fan operation, I for example find I need to clear out the dust from the fans and coolers @ ~6 month intervals, and if a fan has failed or is stuck....

Anti-malware or backup software can also cause such problems, as if they actively monitor files being accessed they would add a layer of delay, thus causing load speed to drop, sometimes by a lot.

Location of scenery might also be a factor, is scenery stored on a spinning disk ? because such disks are magnitudes slower than SSD, which in turn are magnitudes slower than M.2 NVMe PCI based drives.

People are happy to help, however many things can result is such blurries occurring and in your case, the advice being they were not occurring 10 days ago means you'll need to perform local review of your machine and software.

Cheers R

I have tried EVERYTHING I need a resolution to solve this asap.

I've cleaned my PC, this has always worked regardless, this has only started to happen and i've not instralled anything or changed a thing with my sim.

i cannot even't fly or anything as it ruins my experience. I've paid so much money and the product support isn't even replying back to me.

I need this fixed asap.

I am not happy.

45 minutes ago, Taylor MacMartin said:

I have tried EVERYTHING I need a resolution to solve this asap.

I've cleaned my PC, this has always worked regardless, this has only started to happen and i've not instralled anything or changed a thing with my sim.

i cannot even't fly or anything as it ruins my experience. I've paid so much money and the product support isn't even replying back to me.

I need this fixed asap.

I am not happy.

Not much that can be done without knowing what is causing the problem.  Could be any number of things.  The software works on all the staff and testers machines so there's no problem with the software as such.  Which leaves hardware and other software as the culprit.  We don't have access to your machine so we can't investigate.  Many topics mention the blurries over the last few years, with quite a few TE specific.  It's really up to you to do the research to pinpoint your problem, sorry to say.

I do remember that unticking all unnecessary scenery layers sometimes helped.  Also P3DV5 has expanded the LOD radius a lot since TE scenery was designed and is perhaps trying to display more than your PC can handle.  Look in Google for limiting the scenery draw distance in P3DV5 there ight be a cfg line that can be set to a lower value.  Good luck.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, Quantum Amiga said:

A quick check for this sort of issue is if the sim is paused the scenery should eventually catchup, does such happen ?

Also, could you please answer the above question.

Please try pausing the sim for a minute or two and see if it clears up.

Archived