EGLC Frames !

Hello , i just did a flight around London , taking off from Orbx EGLC (When on the Ground ) !!  I noticed that my frames after the Latest Update are a bit down !

I used to have around 36-40 frames now i get around 28-30 !!

img%5D

After i am Airborne they go up to 35-40 !

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Does anyone else experience a small frame drop ?

Mike 

• mikee changed the title to EGLC Frames !

I've had an overall frame drop in the sim since the last sim 'upgrade' from MS/Asobo. There are area's I fly over that they drop down to 10-15 FPS, and I've had to lower my sim settings from mostly Ultra, for mostly medium with a few high to get some frames back. This has affected a lot of users since the 'update' and there are a number of threads on the MS forums about it. I, along with a lot of other people have issued a ticket to zendesk and are awaiting a fix. BTW, I'm using a 10900K, 64GB ram and a 3090.

Hello Andy and thank you for your reply !

I am glad that i am not the only one suffering from frame drops !

I had no idea that many users were affected by the latest Update !

I hope Microsoft will come up with a fix soon to deal with this issue !

You have a pretty good Pc ( Much better than mine ) !

I am glad that i am still able to fly even with fewer frames now than before !

I do have a lot of settings though,, to Ultra , High and Medium !

Cheers 

Mike 

As a last resort, yesterday I uninstalled and deleted all remnants of MSFS, re-installed MSFS to a basic version, without any addons or anything installed from the content manager, and exactly the same. It looks like it's affecting a lot of people, and MS/Asobo are being VERY quiet about it. Certainly hope it's not weeks or months for the bug fix.

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Of course, with fps still in the high 20s, you could turn off the frame counter and just enjoy a flight, you'd be hard pressed to see the difference without the numbers up there to tell you.

I don't normally fly with the frame counter, but at times it's hard not to notice the intense stutters. Sometimes my frame rates go down to high teens, low twenty's, THAT is definitely noticeable and an experience and enjoyment killer. There is one airport NW of Dallas, 76T Bishop Airport that my frame rates are measured in Frames Per Minute, not FPS.

Hello,

during a multiplayer flight to follow Route 66, we were obliged to abandon the intended flight plan due to the frame rate 

regularly dropping to low single figures for periods of several minutes at a time.

There seemed to be no logical link, we were on two systems, one brand new and top of the range in all respects,

the other mine, using different aircraft and no scenery addons at all.

The problems occurred at exactly the same locations and lasted for exactly the same length of time.

We were forced to the conclusion that there is a fundamental problem, introduced by the latest update, or by

a change made since then on the servers.

Oddly, the new chosen flight was around the coast of Ireland and took place without any noticeable problems.

We have reported this to the Microsoft Zendesk but of course, it does not provide more than generic replies.

Hi Nick, Overall I've had a slight reduction in overall frame rates of around 10 or so, and have lowered my settings to claw that back, but as you say, it seems to be location based for the major loss, but the strange thing is that it doesn't seem to affect everyone, but looking at the forums it is affecting an awful lot of people.

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

during a multiplayer flight to follow Route 66, we were obliged to abandon the intended flight plan due to the frame rate 

regularly dropping to low single figures for periods of several minutes at a time.

There seemed to be no logical link, we were on two systems, one brand new and top of the range in all respects,

the other mine, using different aircraft and no scenery addons at all.

The problems occurred at exactly the same locations and lasted for exactly the same length of time.

We were forced to the conclusion that there is a fundamental problem, introduced by the latest update, or by

a change made since then on the servers.

Oddly, the new chosen flight was around the coast of Ireland and took place without any noticeable problems.

We have reported this to the Microsoft Zendesk but of course, it does not provide more than generic replies.

SubtotalGuide81 on the MSFS forums seems to have found a temporary fix, for me at least .....

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/suffering-with-poor-fps-after-todays-update-please-submit-a-ticket/376100/529

As I said, works for me, but you need to stay in Dev Mode for it to work, hopefully Asobo will issue a permanent fix soon.

Archived