747 or 777

wain71

I hope I am not breaking the rules, I did check and think it's ok.

I am looking to purchase one of the above for p3dv5, however I am really not sure which, I know they are not yet ready to release the T7 but I am happy to wait, I really don't know which to buy but I am leaning toward the T7, my only experience is with their 737NGXu.....anyone got the T7 currently and is it recommended? it's not cheap so I really need to be sure before purchase.......would both planes go to similar airports or does the 747 need a longer runway? any help please....

Hi Wain71. I have the NGXu and the QOTS II (747) and will buy the T7 as you are calling it upon release for P3d v5 (the version I am running)

Both the 747 and the 777 are Heavies and will require similar airfields and runways. The 737 is more useful for a variety of airports, both small and large, so more choices of where to fly.

If you are currently flying the 737 I think you will find the 777 newly modernized systems (aligned with the 737) more to your liking, especially ACARS. THE 747 has an earlier PMDG implementation of ACARS and it is a bit more clunky than the most recent implementation as found on the NGXu.

My recommendation is the 777. Hope this is useful. 
-Braun

I would buy triple7 first, then Queen of the skies. 777 is more pilot friendly. 747 is out of service, except for freight flights, I love how easy is to land this beast gently, ground effect is strong with this one ;-), but in the end of the day 777 is better in my eyes.

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

I love them both but the 747 is the plane

Get them both in time, you won't regret it, unless you move to MSFS and drop P3D as I did

Cheers

Carlos

I probably will end up getting them both.. I run all 3 most popular sims as I test on them all for Just Flight..

1 hour ago, PiotrMKG said:

I would buy triple7 first, then Queen of the skies. 777 is more pilot friendly. 747 is out of service, except for freight flights, I love how easy is to land this beast gently, ground effect is strong with this one ;-), but in the end of the day 777 is better in my eyes.

Yeah I think you are right get the Triple when it's on p3d v5 which I think should be soon and then maybe the 747 later in the year... thanks..

Wain71, well I got the 777. Got the Base. Got the expansion. Both work great on my system. Nominal. As expected. 

Lots of noise at the PMDG Forums, some of it deserved, most not IMHO. im glad I bought it and it rounds out my PMDG Boeing collection. I now own them all. 

-Braun

18 hours ago, Braun said:

Wain71, well I got the 777. Got the Base. Got the expansion. Both work great on my system. Nominal. As expected. 

Lots of noise at the PMDG Forums, some of it deserved, most not IMHO. im glad I bought it and it rounds out my PMDG Boeing collection. I now own them all. 

-Braun

I got the Base yesterday, had a quick try out and I am now very happy. I did initially have issues with performance but eventually discovered that using simstarter for some reason was really slowing my sim down to single figure slideshow, starting with simstarter with even default aircraft (Maule) was really poor, starting with a click on p3dv5 logo and all good again....very happy so far with my purchase, thanks for all the pointers before my purchase...

Hi Wain, I’m flying the 777-200ER as I type this.  I can tell you it’s amazing but like any complicated jet this plane will have a steep learning curve if you’re not familiar with it.  If you are then this plane is awesome.  I have all they make and love them all but what I really like about the 777 is the cockpit automation.  Best regards to you.

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Wain, I’m flying the 777-200ER as I type this.  I can tell you it’s amazing but like any complicated jet this plane will have a steep learning curve if you’re not familiar with it.  If you are then this plane is awesome.  I have all they make and love them all but what I really like about the 777 is the cockpit automation.  Best regards to you.

thanks Jack, sounds great, really enjoyed what I have seen of it so far.......

Archived