Discount for seniors.

Helio Valeiro

• 3 months later...

Hi Nick.   Sorry to add to this one, but does the 20% discount for seniors still exist?   I have had the benefit of this for some time but now notice very little difference in prices.  By this I mean little difference in the prices shown on the Orbx website when I do not log into my account and those shown on Orbx Central.  As an example, for P3D and using Nantucket KAKC, the website shows a cost of A$31.81  and Central shows A$30.54 suggesting less than 4% discount.  If I then log into my account on the website the same prices as shown on Central appear- which seems to confirm a lower discount.  Other Orbx P3D and MSFS items show similar lower discounts.  Can you clarify the situation please. Thanks for your indulgence.

Hi Nick.       Yesterday I bought Split LDSP for P3D which the website - without signing in - shows the product cost as A$27.26.  At checkout, after signing in, I was charged A$26.17 which , I reckon, is about 4% discount.    I noticed this apparent discrepancy on other recent orders such as for the NZ Mesh for P3D and Bella Coola CYBD for MSFS but I cannot remember for how long this has been occurring.  I admit to being tardy in raising the issue.  Perhaps I am missing something!  For the record the version of Orbx Central I am using is 4.1.37.

Hi Nick.   Just noticed that my first post in this topic referred to 20% discount but I think it may be 10% - blame my age and my arthritic hands - but I am still not getting 10%.

The sales price without logging in usually states:"sales tax will be calculated at checkout where applicable" ie the sales price shown is without the sales tax.

Once you've logged in you should see and be charged (for Orbx products) a discounted price which includes the sales tax. 

I think!

It is always best to log in and you will see the exact price you will pay

on the product page. Us Kiwis just love giving our government 15%

tax on all our Orbx transactions so that our generous 20% discount

that Orbx gives us sort of melts away.

If Orbx didn't facilitate this for the NZ government they would have to

go stand in the naughty corner. So it is what it is folks.

I am trying to buy less Orbx products but it is just not working:unsure:

Kevin

Hi Nick.      I had not considered that the VAT aspect would have an impact on the seniors discount.  Looking at my Split LDSP order, the subtotal before VAT is shown as A$21.81 suggesting a saving of A$4.36 which I reckon suggests a seniors discount of about 16.66%.  It looks as if it may now be time for me to let the matter rest.

Archived