Around Orcas Island in an old Sikorsky

bernd1151

An old freeware FS9 Sikorsky VS 44 that sat unused in my virtual hangar for ages. Somehow, I like this kind of seaplane and as I think that it will never see the light of MSFS, I ported it over. I needed to tweak it a bit and gave it a new panel. Now it’s a delight to fly this beast low and slow.

Btw, this particular VS 44 “Excambian” is today fully restored and can be seen at the New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, CT.

cJ5q9qX.jpg

wksEu7H.jpg

RoU1ta9.jpg

f7KE0TF.jpg

v8aHoV0.jpg

giJbhIR.jpg

Nice shots and another nice conversion, Bernd. That C54 cockpit sure comes in handy - it really looks the business in there, very nice! (I've put it into the An-124 but I'm trying to get the C-17 cockpit fixed up a bit better as I think that would be a better fit for that plane - not giving up yet)

17 hours ago, wain71 said:

lovely shots...

Many thanks, Wayne

15 hours ago, BradB said:

I like the new Orcas in the update , cool new flying boat too Bernd . :):D

Thanks, John, I like it too. Orcas Island has always been one of my favorite Orbx sceneries

13 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Nice shots and another nice conversion, Bernd. That C54 cockpit sure comes in handy - it really looks the business in there, very nice! (I've put it into the An-124 but I'm trying to get the C-17 cockpit fixed up a bit better as I think that would be a better fit for that plane - not giving up yet)

Thank, Andy. I agree, the C-17 would be a decent fir for the An-124

12 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Good looking airplane and nice shots.  You should share this at flightsim.to  

Thanks a lot, John. I cannot share it there unfortunately, as the panel is from a payware aircraft

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Wonderful set of shots Bernd. :)

I'm glad you like them, Adam

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers 

Iain 

Many thanks, Iain

Archived