• 2 weeks later...

I have made the experience that PAPIs, VASIs and the like are not very accurate in any sim. If a runway has ILS and a visual guidance system you will notice what I mean. Thus I actually do not use visual guidance much in flightsimming. One can do perfect landings without VASI or PAPI, at least in a sim. It just needs a little bit of practising.

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

I have made the experience that PAPIs, VASIs and the like are not very accurate in any sim. If a runway has ILS and a visual guidance system you will notice what I mean. Thus I actually do not use visual guidance much in flightsimming. One can do perfect landings without VASI or PAPI, at least in a sim. It just needs a little bit of practising.

Hi Wolfgang, I appreciate that you do not use visual guidance aids, but a lot of us do, if purely to to give an approximate indication. I know PAPI's become less effective as you approach them, but are a good aid to help at the start of the approach. I like to practice the circle to land approach in to 08, as do others, and the PAPI's have been broken in the Orbx scenery since launch. I asked the question as it seems to have been quite some time to fix something that appears to me to be a simple one for a developer, but I may be wrong.

Cheers, Andy.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, wrfly2805 said:

Frustrated not to get any information I reinstalled Orbx LOWI today to see if MSFS world update 3 might have changed something. And hurrah, the PAPIs work now. Both, 08 and 26! Nice surprise! 

I've just checked and not working for me, do you have the default LOWI installed as well? I had to go in to content manager after the update to remove a few default airports as they were reinstalled by the update.

4 minutes ago, AndyM01 said:

I've just checked and not working for me, do you have the default LOWI installed as well? I had to go in to content manager after the update to remove a few default airports as they were reinstalled by the update.

Hi Andy

I had to disable the default as both appear, thing that didn't happen before...

I still need to check if my papi lights work as they remained white all the time

Cheers

Carlos

12 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Andy

I had to disable the default as both appear, thing that didn't happen before...

I still need to check if my papi lights work as they remained white all the time

Cheers

Carlos

The default papi's work for me, and they work with both the Orbx and Default scenery installed at the same time, but obviously not ideal.

4 hours ago, wrfly2805 said:

I had uninstalled Orbx LOWI and installed Asobo LOWI until yesterday. Then I unistalled Asobo LOWI and installed Orbx LOWI. Hope it works for you. 

OK, so I uninstalled Orbx LOWI via Central, I then cleared out my Content.xml. I then fired up MSFS, installed Asobo LOWI through Content Manager and loaded up LOWI to check that the Asobo 08 Papi's were working, and they were. I then uninstalled Asobo LOWI through content manager and shut exited MSFS and cleared the Content.xml again. I then installed Orbx LOWI through Central, and started up MSFS again, checked the Papi's and they still do not work for me. Don't know what else to try. 

Top screengrab is Asobo LOWI, bottom is Orbx.

I'm happy they work for you, but I'm shocked that Orbx haven't commented yet in this thread, even if it is to offer some advice.

Asobo LOWI.jpg

Orbx LOWI.jpg

Hello,

the question was originally asked long ago and answered then.

I don't think that since then, there has been anything new.

As can be seen, each update to the simulator brings unexpected

changes.

For me, without the Asobo version installed, the 26 one works and

so does the 08, except that the aircraft must be too low to see the red lights.

It is worth noting that if you remove the Asobo LOWI using the Content Manager,

following the most recent update, the simulator will silently replace it.

Here is a previous topic.

It can be seen that the problem has not yet been resolved.

Thanks for the reply, the reason I started this thread was to ask if there was an update, due to the response to this thread ....

As you have replied 'the problem has not yet been resolved', can I ask if this is something that is still going to be looked at? Thanks.

hello,

as I am sure that you have noticed, the problem is something of a moving target and is not the only one that affects this product.

As I understand it, there are changes needed at the Asobo end, which have not yet taken place, or have since been changed back.

These relate to the floating lights in the sky and the interference of the Asobo version with the Orbx version.

The airport does work well overall, despite these detail anomalies and I think that we will all need to be patient for a little longer.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

hello,

as I am sure that you have noticed, the problem is something of a moving target and is not the only one that affects this product.

As I understand it, there are changes needed at the Asobo end, which have not yet taken place, or have since been changed back.

These relate to the floating lights in the sky and the interference of the Asobo version with the Orbx version.

The airport does work well overall, despite these detail anomalies and I think that we will all need to be patient for a little longer.

Thank you, I now understand the issues, I wasn't aware the moving target problem (but I was aware of the floating lights). I just read the original post regarding the fact that developer had missed it and it was on his  To-Do list.

Regards, Andy.

When I reported the 2 PAPIs at LOWI being functional I had this result after uninstalling LOWI Asobo and reinstalling LOWI Orbx within the same simulator session. Returning today for a new session PAPI 08 has gone again (white all the time) and PAPI 26 functional (path seems a bit low). I leave it as is for the moment and wait for fixes from Asobo and Orbx to come. Sorry for any confusion or false hopes I might have caused yesterday. 

Archived