Hi

I love your small airfields! Two things about this one. Trees at ends of runways make life exciting! Are these there in real life? Secondly some very naff cars drive up and down next to the taxiway. Of course might be something to do with the sim, but please get rid of them or improve them!

Richard

Slightly disappointed in lack of response!

Checked against google earth and there is a difference with the tracks and tree line, but this might be outside what you have done.

But the cars are definitely your problem! I would guess the scrub next to the taxiway, which might appear as a track, is designated as a road - so default moving cars appear and they are awful close up. I know from your Austrian small airfields that you can do excellent moving vehicles!

Richard

On 1/27/2021 at 9:33 PM, Richard1000 said:

Trees at ends of runways make life exciting! Are these there in real life?

Hi Richard,

This is the best real life image I could find and, indeed, there seem to be trees around!

Darrington_1S2_20.jpg.dcf298fdd6e656624076dd4fdc6a742a.jpg

If these are the vehicles you are referring to they are, I'm afraid, MSFS default Road Traffic which can only be reduced by turning down the setting in Options - General - Traffic.

My understanding is that this is one of the things developers have no control over at the moment but am not absolutely certain of that.

1S2.thumb.jpg.8fe3c0424964b81bfbb0783654828de0.jpg

All the best,

John

Hi

Thanks for the photo. They obviously want to make it an exciting approach!

As for the cars, several different ones but all very poor quality! Like those on roads when you get too close. I don't see this problem elsewhere in front of airports. Most airport vehicles eg the buses and fuel trucks are reasonable quality. And those you add are also great eg the tractor at zell am see.

Default traffic doesn't normally appear on tracks or rough ground. I would have thought you could have suppressed this for this stretch of ground.

Thanks

Richard

14 minutes ago, Richard1000 said:

I would have thought you could have suppressed this for this stretch of ground.

Hi Richard,

Sadly it appears that some of the things which you would expect to be able to do are not yet possible in this sim.

The most annoying of all is probably the floating orbs of light which appear at night - a default streetlamp effect I think but one which cannot currently be excluded.

As I say as far as I know it's not yet possible to correct the traffic but I'd be happy to be proved wrong!

All the best,

John

Archived