[KBUR] Only RWY approaches available?

I just did a flight from San José to Burbank. In the flightplanner only runways and approaches for runway 8 are available. So the flight planner can only use runway 8 for landings, even though winds are not accordingly. Can you please look into it?

Naamloos.png

Is this an MFS-wide issue or something locked in by the airport add-on (I don't know the answer, just wanting to learn)? Looking at what's in Navigraph, the only runway with straight-in instrument approaches is 08. There's a visual for 15 and a non straight-in RNAV (GPS) that terminates out to the northwest of the airport. My guess is that since NavBlue is the MFS nav data provider and NavBlue focuses (for now) on air carrier instrument procedures which might not include non straight-ins, that that's why the IFR navigation planner in the sim has the options it does.

The SJC to BUR/BUR to SJC flights are my favorite routes to learn the sim with as I use it for business fairly often in real life. Also, I just love the Burbank airport. Of course, both are fantastically recreated by Orbx.

All of my departures out of BUR are also sent to RWY 8, despite my flight plans being set for RWY 15. I've tried with multiple aircraft, but I get the same result. As far as I know, RWY 15 is the preferred takeoff RWY. 

I know that the sim routed me to RWY 15 in the past. I'm very new to flight sims, so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if something has changed.

16 hours ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

Is this an MFS-wide issue or something locked in by the airport add-on (I don't know the answer, just wanting to learn)? Looking at what's in Navigraph, the only runway with straight-in instrument approaches is 08. There's a visual for 15 and a non straight-in RNAV (GPS) that terminates out to the northwest of the airport. My guess is that since NavBlue is the MFS nav data provider and NavBlue focuses (for now) on air carrier instrument procedures which might not include non straight-ins, that that's why the IFR navigation planner in the sim has the options it does.

Affirmed. In real life straight instrument approaches are only available for rwy 08.  There is a visual for rwy 15 and the RNAV-(GPS)-A will lead you to the northwestern edge of the airport. The R-NAV-A is not in the sim, you could built it up by yourself using its waypoints which are all there. Or just select one of the available arrivals to another runway like e. g. ROKKR2 15 or ROKKR2 33 and make a visuel final as in real life. 

• 3 months later...

This is sorta related...

I do not know if this is Orbx or MSFS

Did a flight KCRQ  SANP13 (insert my own WP's for the TER) ILS 8 Y KBUR

using SMO as the IF, I should get a hold at SILEX.

I do not know if the procedures are programed with the airport.. or MSFS.

Thanks I love flying into KBUR and getting popcorn at Millionaire.

Archived