Remaining V5 compatible products

I own the following v4 airports and cityscapes. I no longer have v4.

2WA1

65S

74S

CNK4

KBLUE

KIDA

KMBS

KRDD

KTEX

W28

W52

WA79

EDBJ

EGPB

EGTH

ENHF

ENSD

ENSG

E049

CHARLSTON

ORLANDO

BARCELONA

Is it know when these products will be available for V5. It's been 7 months and 1 day since v5 was released, just curious?

Ian

1 hour ago, Marc BF said:

I also miss EGLC but from what was said I gathered it’ll probably never be available for v5.

May be Greg Jones could propose us a "degraded" solution by disabling one or more bgl files.

With no "commitment" from his side of course.

Please :unsure:

Gérard

Remember it was sold as something like “the first next gen” airport? :D 

And now it’s deprecated a couple years later because it turns out it wasn’t built with the proper SDK technique but instead relies on some workaround that isn’t supported in the latest P3D version. 

It’d be funny if it wasn’t so frustrating that an airport bought not too long ago can’t really be updated because of that. 

Teaches me not to buy stuff created by people who apparently don’t use best practice and official ways of doing things. 

Hello,

The developer has explained that to make it compatible with P3D v5 is not as straightforward as it may be with other products.

He has not said that it will not happen.

The official Orbx statement is:

We will work on the remaining products to get them up to v5 compatibility. This is not a commitment or guarantee that all products will be made available for v5. Regardless, we will endeavour to make all of them compatible but there may be instances where this may not be possible. 

Orbx has pursued a policy of updating all their products, wherever possible, as one new simulator version follows another, so far always free of charge.

The product is not "deprecated", it continues to work as intended in P3D v4, the simulator for which it was developed.

I would expect that in time it will be updated so that it is fully compatible with P3D v5.

We can ask @Greg Jones if there is a change since his last post on the subject.

I would not hesitate to pay for some updates ... But how it is now it is difficult to accept. P3Dv5 is now more than 6 months out. Please, decide which products will get updated and which will be not.

Archived