EGNM ILS not aligned with centreline

The ILS localiser for both runways at this airport seems slightly off centreline (to the left). Seems to be an issue since latest patch(es) as I have not been experiencing this up until today. 

MSFS 1.10.8.0

Orbx EGNM 1.0.2 (regrettably purchased through in-game marketplace)

I have tested without the scenery installed and the localiser is perfectly aligned. 

I tried a reinstall through the content manager. But this did not fix the issue.

Hi, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

At this stage in the SDK we're not able to tweak the alignment of the ILS. However, we have updates planned in the next few months for the MSFS inhouse airports released so far. During that process we'll investigate what can be done to mitigate that misalignment. 

Greg

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

@Greg Jones

Hi Greg, so if you have not touched the ILS, what is the reason for the missalingnement only occuring in the Orbx version? Has for any reasons Orbx moved the runway a bit to the right then?

Most likely a slight misalignment between the Bing imagery which the default airport and ILS are based on, and the commercially acquired orthoimagery in use in the Orbx product, which our groundpoly is based on.

Essentially, the ground has moved.

Greg

Thanks @Greg Jones for your response, much appreciated!

So this is something Asobo have changed on their end then? Strange decision! It's going to leave me second guessing my decisions to buy any 3rd party content if this is the way it's being dealt with, kind of makes it a lottery as to whether the airport will function as expected or not... I've also had issues like this with Flightbeam's KDEN too.

8 hours ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

Thanks @Greg Jones for your response, much appreciated!

So this is something Asobo have changed on their end then? Strange decision! It's going to leave me second guessing my decisions to buy any 3rd party content if this is the way it's being dealt with, kind of makes it a lottery as to whether the airport will function as expected or not... I've also had issues like this with Flightbeam's KDEN too.

Asobo did not change anything. Please reread Greg's post.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 3:29 PM, BobbyFuzzy said:

Microsoft will not help and simply advise me to contact yourselves.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in responding, must have missed this first time around.

We're working on the update so I was looking into this issue.

There is no significant difference in the positions of the runways so that can be discounted.

What was hard to see was that your two 'scenarios' were very different.

Your screenshot for your approach to the 'Orbx' airport shows a headwind from the left.

For your approach to the default you have a tailwind from the right.

You couldn't get more different situations.

It seems that what is happening here is the A320 autopilot responding to different winds in different ways.

I tried to replicate - took a couple of hours but, hey, what else is there to do on a wet afternoon in lockdown :rolleyes:

I won't land with a tailwind (Asobo atc might tell you to but it's not a good idea!)  so I landed with a headwind from the right and kept the autopilot on for far longer than I normally would.

As you can see it brought me in nicely centred (or very slightly right) on the ILS and the runway as in your 'default' shot. All of mine are using the Orbx airport.

2073908285_airbus323.thumb.jpg.b2bb2139981d7c34b806d60d33ab5b8a.jpg

Landing with a headwind from the left the autopilot brought me in left of the centre-line but, as you can clearly see, that's also to the left of the ILS. Both highlighted indicators show me slightly left of the ILS. When using an ILS it's worth having the proper display active (highlighted knob set to LS).  So the ILS (the scenery) is fine. The autopilot hasn't quite got it right (which, if it's an issue, is an aircraft\asobo issue). This may be why you started seeing this after a particular update, maybe they tweaked the autopilot.

663785310_airbus325.thumb.jpg.d9b81f49b621f5e513a5114bd88fa393.jpg

Again, apologies for my delay in getting this looked at.

All the best,

John

1 hour ago, John Burgess said:

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in responding, must have missed this first time around.

We're working on the update so I was looking into this issue.

There is no significant difference in the positions of the runways so that can be discounted.

What was hard to see was that your two 'scenarios' were very different.

Your screenshot for your approach to the 'Orbx' airport shows a headwind from the left.

For your approach to the default you have a tailwind from the right.

You couldn't get more different situations.

It seems that what is happening here is the A320 autopilot responding to different winds in different ways.

I tried to replicate - took a couple of hours but, hey, what else is there to do on a wet afternoon in lockdown :rolleyes:

I won't land with a tailwind (Asobo atc might tell you to but it's not a good idea!)  so I landed with a headwind from the right and kept the autopilot on for far longer than I normally would.

As you can see it brought me in nicely centred (or very slightly right) on the ILS and the runway as in your 'default' shot. All of mine are using the Orbx airport.

2073908285_airbus323.thumb.jpg.b2bb2139981d7c34b806d60d33ab5b8a.jpg

Landing with a headwind from the left the autopilot brought me in left of the centre-line but, as you can clearly see, that's also to the left of the ILS. Both highlighted indicators show me slightly left of the ILS. When using an ILS it's worth having the proper display active (highlighted knob set to LS).  So the ILS (the scenery) is fine. The autopilot hasn't quite got it right (which, if it's an issue, is an aircraft\asobo issue). This may be why you started seeing this after a particular update, maybe they tweaked the autopilot.

663785310_airbus325.thumb.jpg.d9b81f49b621f5e513a5114bd88fa393.jpg

Again, apologies for my delay in getting this looked at.

All the best,

John

Hi John,

I’ll try again when I get a chance and turn wind off to see if I can reproduce on this latest patch. 

Thanks for your comprehensive response! 

Rob

Archived