Hello!!! Bought this plane and installed it into my Microsoft Flight Sim 20 using my Orbx CENTRAL installer. This plane looks great but could not get it to fly right. Has serious control issues with it. My sim is set up to use the  hat switch for TRIM CONTROL SURFACES like push hat forward for nose down pull hat back for nose up push left for rudder trim left and push right for rudder trim right. We the plane did not respond to those commands instead wanted to spin around in outside views while trying to trim the rudder and went out of control and crashed. I tried again and again only to crash the plane but each time trying different things. This plane as it is!!!! has serious control issues,

and is not ready for MS 20. Just to make sure it was not me I took a default plane up for a spin and it flew very well just like they always have. Hoping this will be fixed soon :-)

I have to disagree with you Toto. Mine works just fine and I also use the hatswitch for trimming. The only thing I've found to be amiss is the stall characteristics....There are none! Do you use a different controller for it? I, for instance,  use a Thrustmaster Warthog fot planes with sticks and a yoke foe yoked planes. Could it be a conflict of control inputs. Which would be my first port of call.

Yes yes yes yes!!!!!! I had my flight model on Legacy. I changed it to Modern and ALL IS WELL. To be honest with you all, I had no idea there were two different modes, Legacy and Modern.  I guess my system has been on Legacy since day one.   Question???? Why would the developers do this. Give us two modes. Seems it would just complicate things for people, like it did to me. Must be a nightmare for developers like Dino !!!!!!!  Apologies if I created any confusion or negative thoughts with my post. 

The modern flight model actually calculates airflow over the flying surfaces.  Jump into one of the taildraggers and push the stick forward with full throttle.  The tail will lift due to the airflow going over the elevators.  The legacy flight model required a certain speed before the tail would lift.  As far as I can tell most aspects of the flight model are more accurate in the modern setting.

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

The modern flight model actually calculates airflow over the flying surfaces.  Jump into one of the taildraggers and push the stick forward with full throttle.  The tail will lift due to the airflow going over the elevators.  The legacy flight model required a certain speed before the tail would lift.  As far as I can tell most aspects of the flight model are more accurate in the modern setting.

Thanks for explaining this John. I had my flight model always set to modern but didn't actually know the difference between the models. I had the idea that the legacy model was "reserved" for aircraft of older sims when they had eventually been ported over to MSFS in the future.

Archived