[MAY MADNESS SALE EXPANDED] - 30-50% of *ALL* Orbx products!!!

will there be any discounts on FSX GO?

technically your banner is not correct if FSX GO does not have a discount 

i guess not then? 

If you need something that costs less than ten dollars to be on a sale before you buy it, then i suggest flight simming is not a hobby you should pursue.

Russ.

The way I look at your Sale is just like the supermarkets, " Buy one get one free".

I for one certainly appreciate the chance to get a few more sceneries and am trying to stretch the pension to do so

Many thanks,

Joe

i guess not then? 

If you need something that costs less than ten dollars to be on a sale before you buy it, then i suggest flight simming is not a hobby you should pursue.

Russ.

a simple no would have sufficed ??? i'm happy to support your products

i guess not then? 

Russ.

a simple no would have sufficed ??? i'm happy to support your products

I agree with you  level 7, I'm locking this thread now.....PHouahagnagnagna......just kidding...... ;D but I still agree with level 7..

I may have a solution here for ORBX sales in the future,

take this as an example.....here in the US we have a chain of store call Brandsmart USA where you can buy all kind of appliances including TV's, computers +++ and included with your purchase is a 30 days grace sales period.....so lets say you buy a TV from them today for $1,200.00 at regular price and two weeks after you see the same TV on sale for $950.00 ......the store will give you back $250.00 because the sale started less than 30 days from the date of your purchase

I think that can be a good for all ORBX customers and good business practice from ORBX...the refund can also be apply as a credit to your next purchase from the Flightsim store.... ;D....just my 2 cents.....

I was thinking of taking advantage of this deal and help out my friends from Down Undah.  Anyone have any that are a favorite? I'm thinking of one more to add. My signature lists the ones I have recently purchased.

Seeing that you have the gold region, I would highly recomend YCNK Cessnock. To this day it is my favorite airfield! Hervey Bay is also pretty cool!!! You really can't go wrong with any of them ;)

Suck it in Alain, deep breath.  Most of those big chain stores do not buy and sell on their own money.  Money companies like GE supply the cash.  Also chains that large can afford to take the losses of such promises.  We're talking a micro-business here in Orbx.  I could guess at it's capitalised value, its stock, and the value of its staff, which at a guess most are paid on a per piece basis and the total wouldn't be much.

We have a chain in Australia called Harvey Normans like the one you describe.  Nation-wide, in-store franchised operations, GE financed terms etc etc.

Anyone who will be waiting on 50%-off sales for new products will be disappointed.

After the sale is over we're introducing a new pricing model across the Orbx product range which will please everyone, and I believe there will be little incentive to wait for sales once you see the new pricepoints, even for first-release airports. I truly believe to this day that our prices always were fair and reflected the quality of our work and the money invested in the tech. But the market (and let me say, it's a small market), has clearly spoken and we've listened and responded.

You probably figured out that you got 3x the sales when you cut the price in half, which still increases your overall bottom line by 50%. I could have told you that months ago! The sale prices are where the products should have been priced from the get go. I know I would have bitten a LOT sooner and a LOT more often if that were the case.

Suck it in Alain, deep breath.  Most of those big chain stores do not buy and sell on their own money.  Money companies like GE supply the cash.  Also chains that large can afford to take the losses of such promises.  We're talking a micro-business here in Orbx.  I could guess at it's capitalised value, its stock, and the value of its staff, which at a guess most are paid on a per piece basis and the total wouldn't be much.

We have a chain in Australia called Harvey Normans like the one you describe.  Nation-wide, in-store franchised operations, GE financed terms etc etc.

LOL listen, I was just making a suggestion here....nothing more nothing less......I have all their products and I paid full price for some..... :o

I never had a problem paying full price for Orbx products. They deserve it with the high quality and enjoyment of scenery I receive. Any sales they give us is icing on the cake.  I wish Orbx with continued success and hope they do financially very well in the future.

You probably figured out that you got 3x the sales when you cut the price in half, which still increases your overall bottom line by 50%. I could have told you that months ago! The sale prices are where the products should have been priced from the get go.

It's a heck of a lot more complicated than that.  If it were that simple every business that ever offered an item for sale would do better to halve their prices from day one, never have sales, and they'd be making truckloads of money in the process.  Forgive me if I cannot see the logic in the concept, along with just about every savvy business owner on the planet!  :-)

Guest AS355F

JWxTreme, I would look at all the region packs. I just did a flight up in the North West region of Australia and it's truly stunning. I have flown up there quite a bit albeit mustering cattle from helos but at 6000ft it's not far from reality, it amazed me.

So I would look at getting all the regions (Blue, Red, Green and Gold)

Kununurra and Argyle (with the mine) regions are awesome.  ;)

Thanks AS355F...I will look into that. I have just concentrated on the one Gold Region of Australia. I do need to expand my horizons (pun intended).

UPDATE: I did take your advice and purchased two more regions, Blue and Green. I took a look at the pictures posted on FlightSim Store and really liked them. I will think about the Red region too, but I preferred the scenery in Blue and Green.

Guest AS355F

Thanks AS355F...I will look into that. I have just concentrated on the one Gold Region of Australia. I do need to expand my horizons (pun intended).

UPDATE: I did take your advice and purchased two more regions, Blue and Green. I took a look at the pictures posted on FlightSim Store and really liked them. I will think about the Red region too, but I preferred the scenery in Blue and Green.

I'm reasonably sure this falls into the green region so try YPKU (Kununurra) and explore that region esp to the west and south. South you will find YARG (argyle) a large diamond mine with the strip servicing the mines fly in fly out workforce, you will also find lake argyle and an area called the bungle bungles (mountain range of sorts). You'll know why it's called that when you find it!

It's a challenge flying up there, it's extreme heat 60°C+ (in the sun) 45°C+ (shade) and high.

You will enjoy the Red region too, Central Australia is different to what most people imagine. Lots of interesting places to explore and mountain ranges in the middle of deserts not to mention one hell of a big rock, although you will find a bigger one in Western Australia.  ;)

Now I have let out all the secrets...  ;D

Unfortunately the May Madness sale ended for me last night after I downloaded PNW and hit my 20Gb/month download quota.  :'(

Oh well I got all of AU, PNW, YMML and YBBN.  :)

Unfortunately the May Madness sale ended for me last night after I downloaded PNW and hit my 20Gb/month download quota.  :'(

You can still buy the products and then wait until next month to download them...  ;)

Phil

I'm reasonably sure this falls into the green region so try YPKU (Kununurra) and explore that region esp to the west and south. South you will find YARG (argyle) a large diamond mine with the strip servicing the mines fly in fly out workforce, you will also find lake argyle and an area called the bungle bungles (mountain range of sorts). You'll know why it's called that when you find it!

It's a challenge flying up there, it's extreme heat 60°C+ (in the sun) 45°C+ (shade) and high.

You will enjoy the Red region too, Central Australia is different to what most people imagine. Lots of interesting places to explore and mountain ranges in the middle of deserts not to mention one hell of a big rock, although you will find a bigger one in Western Australia.  ;)

Now I have let out all the secrets...  ;D

Australia must be an amazing country. I would love to visit one day. In the meantime I can explore through Orbx LOL.  Thank you again for your suggestions. I will take a look at YPKU. 

pmanhart has the right idea, you can still purchase them and download later.

Even at full price, the Australia SP3 disk is worth every cent.  And for something as large the disk is the better way to buy, although you need to watch for upgrades and patches.

But again Orbx does that brilliantly through this forum.  Unless they sent each registered owner an email the communication system couldn't be bettered.

And it is an amazing country, from the bikinis on the beaches to the resorts of Kunnanurra ..  and the landscape isn't bad either.

Hello John,

Awesome sale and well done with the release of YBBN. I have all these products and must say what a massive difference it makes to flight in FSX. I have paid full price for all these items and YBBN $34.95 pre-pay. I wish I had waited for the price drop. To bad for me.

Absolutley 160% happy with my purchases, and I will continue to support and buy your products. My problem is that I can't stop flying. LOL. Keep up the great work guys and I look forward to your new releases in the future.

Regards

Sam

Picked up AU Gold, Hervey Bay, Aeropelican and Tamworth.

Tamworth is an absolute must.  Anyone reading this who has AUGold, I highly suggest picking it up.  It's 7cm has to be seen in motion and the performance is very good.  Because the town in set away from the airport you get good frames both over the town and coming into the airport.  The surrounding area is massively detailed.

Aeropelican is pure mood.  It really feels like a moving, breathing coastal town.  The coastlines are gorgeous and when you take off you really have no desire to cross-country to anywhere.  Many patterns in my whole stable of small GA aircraft will be had here.

Hervey Bay, I have really only BOB'd around so far.  A TON of details on the ground, and the audio sounds are a surprisingly immersive touch.  It seems sort of the upscale harbor/tourist town compared to down-home Pelican.  I can't wait to see more and makes for a great regional launch point if I ever get in an aircraft that I care to take above 3000 feet.

I thought NA Blue was the pinnacle of Orbx achievement, but now I see they have been breaking sim boundaries for awhile now :)

Picked up AU Gold, Hervey Bay, Aeropelican and Tamworth.

Tamworth is an absolute must.  Anyone reading this who has AUGold, I highly suggest picking it up.  It's 7cm has to be seen in motion and the performance is very good.  Because the town in set away from the airport you get good frames both over the town and coming into the airport.  The surrounding area is massively detailed.

Thanks for this review. I will take a look at Tamworth since I have the AU Gold. I never even knew Tamworth existed.

Haven't hopped on the forums a while - glad I'm still checking the FTX website though - the specials on at the moment are outstanding!

Have already picked up AU Green from FSS - intend to pick up AU Red, Caloundra and possibly Hervey Bay as well before the end of May...

Thanks to the ORBX / FTX crew for putting these awesome products on special.  I've had AU Blue and AU Gold for a couple of years - great to get back into FSX and breathe new life with these awesome products...

:D

Archived