[MAY MADNESS SALE EXPANDED] - 30-50% of *ALL* Orbx products!!!

OK folks, due to the huge success and your strong support of the May sale we're extending the discounts ACROSS THE ENTIRE ORBX RANGE!

There is no better time to complete your collection of Orbx products than NOW - don't miss this opportunity.

To everyone who has supported the May Sale - we say thank you!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great service to the flightsim community as allways chaps hope everyone takes full advantage of this fantastic offer. The madness does not effect me as im already mad and own them all anyway. ;D

cheers

Iain

Thank you ORBX, looks like you just convinced me into buying something else!!!

I see YMML is on special, which I am kinda interested in. Any ideas on how much it will cost me to upgrade to V2 with the 7cm/pixel when it's released? Just so that I have an idea for when the time comes.

Thank you ORBX, looks like you just convinced me into buying something else!!!

I see YMML is on special, which I am kinda interested in. Any ideas on how much it will cost me to upgrade to V2 with the 7cm/pixel when it's released? Just so that I have an idea for when the time comes.

AU$9

Guest J van E

Bummer, I already got what I want from Orbx... ;) Pity there aren't anymore PNW-related things for sale right now! ;D Great sale nonetheless!!!

Thanks John,

I had decided what to buy on payday, but now the cunning master plan has been kiboshed.

I shall now spend even more time trying to shoehorn a quart into a pint glass (financially speaking) ???;D

Regards

Warwick

Thanks John,

I had decided what to buy on payday, but now the cunning master plan has been kiboshed.

I shall now spend even more time trying to shoehorn a quart into a pint glass (financially speaking) ???;D

Regards

Warwick

Sorry, a bit off-topic but you are the first person I have ever seen outside of my family to use the word kibosh, lol :)

Thanks John,

Regards

Warwick

Sorry, a bit off-topic but you are the first person I have ever seen outside of my family to use the word kibosh, lol :)

Kinda funny, I grew up in Idaho in the US, and it was a frequently used word... This sale is going to kibosh my savings, and my wife's mood... Australia here I come!

Phil

NOOOOO!!!!!  I just ordered PNW + 1S2 10 hours before the sale, after waiting for months hoping for a price drop or favorable conversion rate.  I'd literally check the USD equivalent prices on FSS about 3-5 times every day while drooling over all the videos and screenshots, and finally caved in yesterday.  I think I'm cursed....this type of thing happens way too much to me :P

NOOOOO!!!!!  I just ordered PNW + 1S2 10 hours before the sale, after waiting for months hoping for a price drop or favorable conversion rate.  I'd literally check the USD equivalent prices on FSS about 3-5 times every day while drooling over all the videos and screenshots, and finally caved in yesterday.  I think I'm cursed....this type of thing happens way too much to me :P

Yes we are always aware that some people purchase just before a price drop. It's like buying that brand new car the day before the dealers get a $10,000 factory rebate and slash prices. Ouch! That's happened to me too :(

Of course a consolation for you - you can grab 7S3 Twin Oaks at 30% off now.

JV: you've got me coming and going.  Many of us are first day buyers, we pay at full tote odds.  I guess those early sales are very important for your company to maintain liquidity, and the pre-sales allow you the chance to recoup some funds even before you release the product.  That's all good.

But there are some companies, not in the flightsim production game where I wait for the inevitable price drop, and I never pay the first asking price.

Yes I am about to order Hervey Bay and Caloundra through your sale, but I was surprised to find the base products now heavily discounted.

The Great Financial Crisis is still biting, so I suspect the market remains tight.  But oh, dear, I've paid 50% too much for everything.

The Great Financial Crisis is still biting, so I suspect the market remains tight.  But oh, dear, I've paid 50% too much for everything.

I don't look at it like that I look at it that I got them 50% faster then others :)

JV: you've got me coming and going.  Many of us are first day buyers, we pay at full tote odds.  I guess those early sales are very important for your company to maintain liquidity, and the pre-sales allow you the chance to recoup some funds even before you release the product.  That's all good.

But there are some companies, not in the flightsim production game where I wait for the inevitable price drop, and I never pay the first asking price.

Yes I am about to order Hervey Bay and Caloundra through your sale, but I was surprised to find the base products now heavily discounted.

Ian, you need to put this into perspective alongside all other toys, gadgets and hobbies that you and I enjoy.

I grey-imported a 64GB Apple iPad for AU$1300 last month. That's already a $400 premium over what the RRP will be in Australia in June, and Apple will inevitiably drop the RRP down to about $750 on that model later in the year and then there will be a new revised, better, faster, slicker model in 2011, which I will probably purchase as well.

Now rinse, apply this to any number of other hardware and software gadgets (video cards, PCs, laptops, cars, white goods, VCRs, XBOX, PS3, wine, movies) - the list is endless.

So that makes me an "early adopter", or a geek, or a techophile, or a lover of tech/gadgets. Either way, I am more than happy to always pay more to get things earlier and be at the cutting edge. It's part of my impulse purchasing psyche and I make no excuses about it.

In the same way, Orbx has a 'core' group of very dedicated and enthusiastic customers (who we could not run our company without) numbering about 1,500 people. Our total customer base is about 10,000+ people and growing rapidly. That means that for each product release we quickly get 1,000 - 2,000 sales in the first 6 months and then sales drop off. That's completely our expected sales penetration and we built our business on such a sales model.

Of course, there are the other 9000-odd people who are more conservative in their buying approach, wait for sales, or wait until they have spare cash, or are happy to wait for the inevitiable price drop (which all retailers do by the way).

So we're not really punishing anyone here, but simply recognise the way a free market economy works, and we've tuned our business model around that.

Did I pay 50% too much for my iPad? Hell yeah, but I've enjoyed every second I've been able to use it while others gazed lustfully at the device :)

I recognise the argument, John and accept its business logic.  You don't have to answer but I hope however your initial stock orders do not exceed your estimate of first round sales.  And with downloads of course, even that doesn't matter, although I am sure servers can become expensive. (Oh you've got me on videocards and wine, CPUs, cases, screens, underused Track IR, and the disks associated with about 3 prior versions of MSFS, though I have given most away to kids on this forum starting out in simming with low powered computers)

...  but as they say "Life is too short to drink bad wine".

So I've had my grumble.

But iPad and iPhone and iPod, never.  Just about all the functionality is available on some good gadgets at considerably less price,  its just that they aren't as trendy, or as good looking. 

But the Apple Mac is still the best computer, pity about Windows and FSX.  I sigh to have a Mac before I die, and its not a hamburger I want.

Worthy of a reply Ian ;)

We only ever produce DVDs in limited numbers, thus the "DVD Limited Edition" moniker. If there is a high demand for a particular DVD product we then re-manufacture more of them in similar limited numbers. It's similar to the 'just-in-time-inventory' system many companies use, which keeps overheads down.

Re: Macs, I'm a huge fan, but sadly it's not a platform I can earn a living off (yet). I am tempted to create a small startup company to create iPad apps, it's a wonderful platform. To do that, I'd need a Mac. Steve Jobs' logic in that is artful indeed :)

Well,

I should have waited for a while

I Bought at full price the entire collection of airports and regions both for Australia and PNW , one month ago !

on last friday I bought YBBN, again at full price !

Well, sometimes I just feel Unlucky. Its market law you will say !

Thanks anyway for these beautifull scenes.

As a french FSX enthousiast, since your Orbx releases I definitively quited French airports to discover australia ! :P

I was thinking of taking advantage of this deal and help out my friends from Down Undah.  Anyone have any that are a favorite? I'm thinking of one more to add. My signature lists the ones I have recently purchased.

Archived