NA Northern California or TrueEarth Northern California which one do I

Jason Thompson

Hi,

I've noticed the odd Airport (KMRY / KRDD) requires the NA Northern California and doesn't mention anything about being compatible with TrueEarth Northern California?

Does this mean I'd need to purchase NA Northern California and not TrueEarth version? Or if I did purchase TrueEarth Northern California then the KMRY / KRDD would indeed work still?

As I'd rather get the correct product which is compatible for them.

Appreciate any advice offered.

Many Thanks

Jason

You did not mention which sim you were talking about so I will answer for P3Dv5.  In the past, every TrueEarth product that has come out has been compatible with the Orbx payware airports (for the same simulator) that exist in the same geographical coverage area.  I can also say most certainly that KMRY is fully compatible with TrueEarth Northern California in P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 since I have it.   KRDD has not yet been released for P3Dv5 but it is compatible in P3Dv4 with TrueEarth Northern California.  Once it is released for P3Dv5 I am sure it would then be compatible with TrueEarth Northern California in P3Dv5.

Rod

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

sometimes, the airport's photo insert may not blend perfectly with the surrounding photo scenery

in the True Earth product.

18 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

You did not mention which sim you were talking about so I will answer for P3Dv5.  In the past, every TrueEarth product that has come out has been compatible with the Orbx payware airports (for the same simulator) that exist in the same geographical coverage area.  I can also say most certainly that KMRY is fully compatible with TrueEarth Northern California in P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 since I have it.   KRDD has not yet been released for P3Dv5 but it is compatible in P3Dv4 with TrueEarth Northern California.  Once it is released for P3Dv5 I am sure it would then be compatible with TrueEarth Northern California in P3Dv5.

Rod

Hi Rod & Nick

I'm using P3Dv4.5 apologises for missing that vital bit of info out.  So from what you both say TrueEarth Northern California will work for both even though it doesn't actually say for both products currently?

Thanks for your replies.

Jason

5 hours ago, Jason Thompson said:

Hi Rod & Nick

I'm using P3Dv4.5 apologises for missing that vital bit of info out.  So from what you both say TrueEarth Northern California will work for both even though it doesn't actually say for both products currently?

Thanks for your replies.

Jason

Exactly. The only reason it doesn't state the True Earth region in the requirements is that, as @Nick Cooper said, some airports do not blend in perfectly (only a colour problem). They do however blend in perfectly with the fat region as it was designed for it.

Jason:

I have both and now only use TE, and Orbx airports are fine.

TE is much more enjoyable.

If there are significant problems, I expect that Orbx will create updates for the airports.

I just bought TE SoCal and Orbx has already updated 5 or 6 airports in that area.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, Jason Thompson said:

So am I best getting NA Northern California rather than TrueEarth Northern California because both airports may not work well? This is what I'm not sure of?

Thanks

Jason

I am going to be totally honest here and tell you what I think about that as I own all the true earth USA regions (except the newly released Socal) and also their fat regions alternates....

True Earth Nocal is the worst in terms of inaccuracy of colors in my experience (in my mind come KRDD, CA21, KTVL) where you'll experience green airports in reddish backgrounds. However there are some truly unique experiences to be had with the true earth products and even with the Nocal one. Had this flight between Eugene and Redding and was blown away. What you see between airports can be astonishingly beautiful. But because I am not a local to that region of the world and I am not recognizing any of the POI in those products I must admit that I do enjoy flying in the fat regions more than in the newer true earth(even if I would still fly the TE sometimes).... If you know the region IRL I suppose you'll enjoy the TE region more.

TE NoCal does, indeed, have some color problems but most of those can be made acceptable by simply adjusting the in-sim and/or monitor colors. KMRY works fine with TE. I have both the TE and non-TE versions and only I use TE now..........Doug

Are you talking about reducing saturation and increasing brightness? I guess Im looking for a reason to buy TE Norcal when I already own

Norcal Region. I just recently bought my 1st TE product Florida and followed that up with TE Socal. I enjoy these immensely.

Archived