Orbx ENAL and AS ENVA conflict

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

I take the point and indeed you are correct.

The developer has done his very best to accommodate all potential customers.

There is no problem for those that do not own the Aerosoft product.

I am disappointed that his efforts are not enough for you.

I'm not saying that Nick.  I think you guys do a great job.  I'm just trying to get your thinking going in a new direction.  We have to get out of the mindset of the last 30 years and force a new way.  

I think in the big picture MS and ASOBO are definitely moving in that direction, but we still might have to make sure that they don't stray from that track from time to time. 

I'm sure you guys will do your best to advocate for your customers.  :-) 

Hello,

once again, if it was possible and as he stated, the developer would have added a control panel,

the customer would then have no need to make changes to the files themselves.

I can assure you that we do not design products to require customer intervention unless,

as in this unusual case, there is at least for now, no other way.

The way of thinking that you refer to has been in place for years, as evidenced by the vast amount of work

and resources that went into developing FTX Central and its successor, Orbx Central as a means to install,

update, configure, move, repair and even uninstall any Orbx Direct product without the need to open

Windows File Explorer.

Mr. Hansen:D, I would like to revisit the sloped runway issue I mentioned earlier. I agree that it is and should be sloped like in real life. However, it is the middle section of the runway and also the taxiway exits that I still find very extreme. It goes up and and down and also tilts left and right. Note: Aerosoft's freeware EDLP had the same issue before they updated/patched it. The A320 is a bit too challenging in keeping it straight on the runway (wind speed set to zero) after touchdown. See this other video which shows the runway differently. Cheers from Gothenburg, Sweden

Here is another good video:

On 9/22/2020 at 6:50 AM, Jon Clarke said:

The problem is known about and is being discussed with Asobo as it is not an issue that can be fixed by the 2 Developers concerned. It is an issue in MSFS that requires Asobo to rectify. There are potential clashes when 2 addons within a near location to each other can cause a CTD or loading problem.

"Can cause a problem"? or is this a problem everyone will have if they have installed ENVA and ENAL?

I already own ENVA and are considering buying ENAL today if there is a chance of not getting any issues.

Hello,

the product has deliberately been made to install into two separate parts, the airport model and the ground textures.

It is therefore a very straightforward task to move the ground texture folder out of the Community folder.

Possibly, there might even be an option to do the same to your existing product, giving you a choice.

As soon as the fix for this problem has been released by Asobo, the folder can be moved back into the Community folder.

Your third option is to delay your purchase until the solution is released.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, TomAce said:

"Can cause a problem"? or is this a problem everyone will have if they have installed ENVA and ENAL?

I already own ENVA and are considering buying ENAL today if there is a chance of not getting any issues.

On my end, the sim automatically decides to not load the ENAL aerial package if I have ENVA installed - No problems. On many others' setups the sim hangs or even crashes completely..

• 4 weeks later...

Good Evening Dom

Yes, this has been patched in the sim, and you can now have both ENVA and ENAL installed at the same time.

We are waiting a little bit more for them to support multiple resolution PR's in the same airport before patching ENAL itself. I'd like to include a large coverage area that covers the entire main island :)

Archived