Wycombe Air Park EGTB, CTD at the same point on the loading screen every time i try to start a flight

Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me? I've tried re-downloading, re installing and still CTD at the exact point on the loading screen.

when its un installed starting a flight works fine. have had no other problems with Orbx central. would like to know if anyone else gets this.

After a fresh install and with no other DLC installed it worked first time. But then as soon as i installed these addons (KORS Orcas Island, KSBA Santa Barbara Muni, LFTZ Saint Tropez, Flightbeam KDEN, Carenado Skylane, Kitfox STI) and tried it again it CTD'd at the exact same time on the loading screen as before, I also wasn;t using any of the add on planes just the stock 152.

Hello,

it might be that there is a conflict between addons.

I have KORS Orcas Island and KSBA Santa Barbara but not

LFTZ Saint Tropez or Flightbeam KDEN.

As it is so easy to disable them, you simply need to move them out of the Community folder

during the test, can you try that and see if you can then load at EGTB?

Thanks, there is also the so far unexplored possibility that the position of the various addons

in the Content.xml file is a factor in deciding what displays and what does not or possibly what

caused CTDs or not.

I don't think that much, or possibly any testing of the consequences of addons can have been done.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Wycombe Air Park EGTB, CTD at the same point on the loading screen every time i try to start a flight

Hi,

I'm taking a look currently into the causes of the conflcit with a couple of these other add-ons,

On 9/20/2020 at 9:48 PM, Bare Chills said:

Seems it also clashes with Tacoma.

Bare chills, can you please confirm the version of Tacoma you are running? - I have just installed tacoma into my communty folder, and this does not seem to conflict/cause a crash with wycombe installed on my end?

Thanks for your patience,

Jack

Hi, Im running the steam version premium deluxe with a clean install of the latest version, seems the problem wasn't with Tacoma, as i installed Moscow, Washington and Tacoma at the same time. after further testing it seems it conflicts with Moscow landmarks. After downloading DLC through the microsoft its now crashing in a different point on the loading screen than with KDEN installed. All my DLC are from the in game store except Moscow/Washington and EGTB. I have no mods or freeware installed.

To follow up with my experience I have the Steam edition (premium deluxe) and I only have a problem with KDEN causing the CTD on EGTB.

I currently have all of the below addons installed with no problem:

Airports

EGLC - London City Airport (Orbx)

EGNM - Leeds Bradford Airport (Orbx)

LGKO - Kos International Airport (Gaya)

LOWI - Innsbruck Airport (Orbx)

LOWW - Vienna International Airport (Gaya)

LOWZ - Zell am See Airport (Gaya)

KBUR - Hollywood Burbank Airport (Orbx)

KORS - Orcas Island Airport (Orbx)

KSBA  - Santa Barbara Municipal (Orbx)

KTIW - Tacoma Narrows Airport (Orbx)

EKCH - Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup (FlyTampa)

C16 - Frasca Field (FLYT Simulations)

KMIA - Miami International (LatinVFR)

KORD - Chicago O'Hare International (FSDT)

1S2 - Darrington Municipal Airport (Orbx)

EGTB - Wycombe Air Park (Pilot Plus)

LFTZ, LTT Aéroport La Môle - Saint-Tropez (Stairport)

ENVA - Trondheim International Airport (Aerosoft)

ENAL - Alesund Vigra Airport (Orbx)

Landmarks

London City Pack (Orbx)

Moscow Landmarks (Drzewiecki)

Washington Landmarks (Drzewiecki)

Aircraft

Mooney M20R Ovation (Carenado)

The version of KDEN that is causing the issue from me is from the MSFS marketplace. EGTB is from Orbx Central.

Funny enough, I'm not having the conflict between ENAL and ENVA that others are reporting in another thread. (ENVA from Marketplace, ENAL from Orbx)

I also had this problem with EGTB, only that I didn't have a CTD but an endless loading screen. I have the same add-ons as Wheatability, plus Shoreham by Taburet, and what solved my problem was to delete the "aerial" folder of Shoreham. KDEN is installed, and EGTB loads without any problems... I have the Microsoft Store version of MSFS installed.

Good news, I think I've come up with a solution!

I've passed along the following to Jack @ Pilot Plus so that a formal patch can be created, but this should work in the interim:

The problem stems from a "test" material in the materials library.

Editing  "MaterialLibs/mymaterials/Library.xml" to remove the additional test PBR material fixes the crash to desktop, and I'm now able to fly out of Wycombe with KDEN installed alongside it! 

I've attached a screenshot of the part of the XML that I removed and a screenshot showing the final product. (Lines 22-41)

I hope this helps!

Remove Highlighted:

remove-from-library.jpg

Fixed: 

fixed-library.jpg

55 minutes ago, Wheatability said:

Good news, I think I've come up with a solution!

I've passed along the following to Jack @ Pilot Plus so that a formal patch can be created, but this should work in the interim:

The problem stems from a "test" material in the materials library.

Editing  "MaterialLibs/mymaterials/Library.xml" to remove the additional test PBR material fixes the crash to desktop, and I'm now able to fly out of Wycombe with KDEN installed alongside it! 

I've attached a screenshot of the part of the XML that I removed and a screenshot showing the final product. (Lines 22-41)

I hope this helps!

Remove Highlighted:

remove-from-library.jpg

Fixed: 

fixed-library.jpg

A great find for this bug and its solution! - I can confirm a formal patch is in the works now, as well as mitigation for other possible file system conflicts. Expect the patch to come very shortly.

Thanks,

- Jack

I still I’ll have issues with this airport. I get the loading screen hanging as per the op’s post. I mainly have Orbx sceneries installed but I do have the Taburet Shoreham airport too. If I remove that, it works ok. Which is very annoying as I bought both airports for a flight from EGTB to EGKA!!

The patch yesterday appeared to apply the fix to the materials Library.xml file, however it didn’t fix things for me. This needs sorting via a fix and/or testing properly. 

Think I’m gonna put a hold on buying any more Orbx sceneries for a while as the last few have either been buggy as hell or unplayable/incompatible. I know it’s a new platform and all but...

Hello,

It is far too soon to be condemning things in terms such as "buggy as hell or unplayable/incompatible".

Everyone, including all developers and Asobo themselves is on a learning curve.

The problem seems to appear when there are two photo inserts close together.

It might be worth a try, until the fix for this is released, to remove one of them.

If it works, you can simply replace it once Asobo have released the fix and use both products until then.

The file is a .cgl file.

1 hour ago, CrashEd said:

I still I’ll have issues with this airport. I get the loading screen hanging as per the op’s post. I mainly have Orbx sceneries installed but I do have the Taburet Shoreham airport too. If I remove that, it works ok. Which is very annoying as I bought both airports for a flight from EGTB to EGKA!!

The patch yesterday appeared to apply the fix to the materials Library.xml file, however it didn’t fix things for me. This needs sorting via a fix and/or testing properly. 

Think I’m gonna put a hold on buying any more Orbx sceneries for a while as the last few have either been buggy as hell or unplayable/incompatible. I know it’s a new platform and all but...

As I am sure you can appreciate, it is not physically possible for any developer to test their scenery in combination with every other available offering, but we are always monitoring and looking to patch any bugs where possible and if able to - by our own means.

With regard to Taburet Shoreham conflict, have you firstly checked that it loads with no problem when EGTB is disabled? (I have seen a comment elsewhere stating that a installing this scenery to the community folder had caused crashing), and if not then as nick suggested this could be due to conflicting CGL Orthoimagery - of which we have to wait for Asobo to address the limitations.

I would start with checking what causes CTD in Windows Events log. Recently I had CDT after almost 4h flight from KMIA (LVFR) to KDEN (Flightbeam) and after checking what was the cause I learnt that despite having 32GB of RAM and 4GB of page file I run out of memory. Apparently FS was using so much RAM and when it came to load KDEN it OOM’ed. 

Gudday Nick, all,

I think I can add to this conversation a little, I'm not getting CTD but I WAS getting stuck at 'Checking for Updates'. I figured it out pretty quickly; pulled all the contents of the Community folder, then MSFS booted up just fine. Slowly re-added everything, and now the only 4 items that are causing MSFS to get stuck at 'Checking for Updates' again are the 4 Gaya Simulations airports that I've purchased through.

I say this not to point any fingers (I love you guys!), just to add some data to the problem ;) .

Cheers Big Ears!

The Other Nick

OH! Completely forgot to add some other important data;

When I realized the Gaya simulations airports were the issue (in my case anyway), I uninstalled them (I own all 4). and reinstalled LOWZ (Zell am See). During installation I received an error, and was asked to click 'Verify Files' on the product page. Can anyone tell me how to do this?? I'm pretty familiar with Orbx Central, but I'm having a REALLY hard time finding 'Verify Files' anywhere.. 

image.thumb.png.05fa93e2f2621749509254af25a35ca1.png

Anyway, I thought that the Gaya install errors might be important to add to the conversation. 

OK, now that's it!

Cheers Big Ears!

Nick T

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

It is far too soon to be condemning things in terms such as "buggy as hell or unplayable/incompatible".

Everyone, including all developers and Asobo themselves is on a learning curve.

With respect Nick, I disagree. Nearly every Orbx product that I’ve purchased so far has had major issues from the get go. They shouldn’t be released at all in this state. I’d rather wait for better stability - it all feels rushed...

If the issues are Asobo related and out of your control, then fair enough, but again, don’t release it and wait rather that kludging it.  

8 hours ago, Pilot Plus said:

As I am sure you can appreciate, it is not physically possible for any developer to test their scenery in combination with every other available offering,

With regard to Taburet Shoreham conflict, have you firstly checked that it loads with no problem when EGTB is disabled?

With an established sim with 1000s add-ons, sure, I completely agree. But it wouldn’t take much to test against all of the current ones - as the community has - the majority of which are your own. It just shows a lack of testing. 

Shoreham works fine on it’s own. No CTDs so far. I also have no issues running along side the Gaya Sim airports. 

Thanks for the pointers - will look into the potential CGL issue. 

Please don’t get me wrong guys, I love your products and I don’t mean to have a go. I understand that it’s early days, but everything just feels... unfinished. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

evidently we cannot please everyone, much as we would like to.

No doubt you will have shared your views with Asobo and Taburet as well.

Nick I don’t think you are pleasing anyone by releasing products that don’t work. 

And no, I haven’t contacted Asobo or Taburet. Their products work and don’t appear to be the issue. If this is to the contrary then please let me know and I will. 

So where does the issue lye??

Like I've stated in another post, Wycombe works with Shoreham when you remove the 'aerial' folder of Shoreham. So the problem must be in conflicting orthosceneries of those two (and some others apparently as well)... So it is rather something that Asobo, not other developers should resolve.

@CrashEd

The problem is:

1. known and addressed by Asobo

2. caused by a "bug" in Microsoft Flight Simulator that results in more than one addon airport

in the same area causing anomalies or malfunctions in one or more of them.

3. that on its own, the Pilot Plus product works exactly as advertised.

4. that apparently, adding the Taburet product causes a problem at EGTB, you have not stated whether the reverse is true.

You have your own view.

Mine is that neither addon product is defective and both are the victim of a previously unrecognised bug in the flight

simulator itself that potentially affects every addon airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Came to thread because had 2 CTDs involving Wycombe today: one on takeoff and then one taxiing to runway. This after landing there w/o a problem and taxiing to parking after a flight involving both a touch and go at Orbx London City and a fly over of Orbx-ed London. This on a first time install of the sim on a computer that's four days old that allows me to run sim on high/ultra. Only addons are the current Orbx England addons.  From thread, I assume I bought the patched airfield. Will try a reinstall tomorrow, but thread suggests this may be another bug.

Reinstall didn't fix this CTD; happened again on T/O tonight. Putting in ticket through developer, but this is a problem with the scenery. The "test" lines are not in the xml of the version I purchased.  I'm not a beta tester, so I'm uninstalling for now, and I'll keep checking back in Orbx Central for a new version.

Archived