Central alternative

Ian H

Hi guys, after trying for days to get past the log in screen for central my question is:- can you install sceneries / airports without using central,

because no matter what I do cannot get past log in, it starts on the loading screen then kicks me back to log in screen.HELP.

Thankyou in advance

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi Ian

Sorry, that is not the correct file.

Please go settings\help\open log and click on the blue Open button.

Then when the file is open, in the top left corner click on "File", then "Save as", select desktop, and "Save". This should put the file on your desktop for you to attach to your post.

Central.log 1.PNG

When i click on get central and go to download for windows it goes through the download exe.

then install where it asks for your login details but keeps looping so login page is constantly on screen which does not allow me to click on settings or anything else, so i am stumped as to what to do 

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Ian H

To determine if an update may have triggered this issue, has Orbx Central worked for you previously or has the issue always existed for you?

On the login page, does the login itself fail or does it succeed,  begin to load and redirect back to the login page?

The provided log file indicates that your login token is valid so you should be redirected to the home page upon login. If you visit https://orbxdirect.com/account then click on any of your owned products you can find a 'Download via Orbx Central' button. If you click this button, the Orbx Central app should open with that respective product's page. What happens when you click this button after attempting to login to Orbx Central?

image.png

Hi Josh,

when I tried download via central it took started to load  sceneries and libraries, then to login page where it then asked to select simulator 

where there was two columns top one flight sim x and the bottom one was blank with a loading circle spinning..

When I clicked fsx it took back to loading  libraries then back to login screen.

I have not used Orbx central before as I only used ftx prior to Orbx central being the new installer.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Ian H

On 9/7/2020 at 9:15 PM, Ian H said:

when I tried download via central it took started to load  sceneries and libraries, then to login page where it then asked to select simulator 

where there was two columns top one flight sim x and the bottom one was blank with a loading circle spinning..

When I clicked fsx it took back to loading  libraries then back to login screen.

Can you reattach your central.log file here after performing these steps?

On 9/7/2020 at 10:03 PM, Ian H said:

i see 7 Orbx centrals under processes when I right click on any of them they are all exe files.

This indicates that Orbx Central is still running in the background. You can check if it's in your system tray, next to the clock in your task bar and close it from there. Alternatively restarting your PC should ensure it's no longer running.

Hello,

as Orbx Central defaults to start with Windows and run in the tray when closed,

isn't this a closed loop in this case?

Could an edit to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\central.json

like this, followed by logging out of and back into Windows solve the problem?

"general": {
    "startOnLaunch": false,
    "showInTray": false,

Hello,

the log says that it has found your copy of FSX at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

and that you have no Orbx products installed.

It also looks exactly the same as mine at the end, suggesting that it is working as it should.

Is that the case?

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Ian H

There's a few entires in the provided log file that are of interest.

2020-09-08T20:03:33.529Z [ERROR] [Main] - Error: Error: net::ERR_NETWORK_IO_SUSPENDED

This error occurs when the update check occurs. This could be a temporary error but it can also signal some deeper issue. Orbx Central will safely continue passed this step as it'll assume no update is available.

2020-09-08T20:23:05.705Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - The Orbx Central worker process failed to start. Please check the user guide for troubleshooting advice at http://Orbx.to/central-guide - closed with code 1073807364 - null

There are a few edge cases for the above error, however the the most common cause is that there are missing system requirements.

2020-09-10T20:11:36.398Z [INFO] [Main] - Windows_NT 6.1.7600

The above line indicates that the operating system in use is Windows 7 without Service Pack 1. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT#Releases)

Can you confirm that you meet all the system requirements as outlined in the user guide here? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y#bookmark=id.bgvu4oqei45r

Whilst Microsoft has ended support for Windows 7, Orbx Central still supports and functions on Windows 7 SP1 provided all the other system requirements are met.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/windows-7-end-of-life-support-information

Hi Josh, Nick,

So from what you say since I have reset my pc  I now don’t have win sp1 installed.

If this is the case and win7 are no longer supported is there anyway to obtain the sp1 download from somewhere other than Microsoft?

Thanks guys for all your help with my issue really appreciated.

Hi Nick made a little progress with this,

I do have sp1 . Now I get past the log in screen BUT after it says welcome and goes through all the initial pages i.e. Loading libraries etc I am now on the main page , the problem now is that no matter which item at the top I pick i.e. My products,discover,settings  icon or any other at the top it takes me back to log in.

So I have made some progress, not much but...

i have gone back to the pre requisites to check the first 3 ok the second 2 says not applicable to my system.

any thoughts?

thanks

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Ian H

Yes, sorry I did indeed mean the central.log file.

2020-09-18T08:14:37.013Z [INFO] [Main] - Windows_NT 6.1.7600

This still appears in the the latest provided log file. There are instances when Windows doesn't update the version number after SP1 is installed though just to be sure can you run you double check that this is the case. The following describes how:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1#:~:text=To check if Windows 7,already installed on your PC.

A few other things to try:

• Delete the 'Persistence' folder from C:\Users\IAN\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\Persistence. Then completely restart Orbx Central and try login.
  • Try running Orbx Central as Admin.

Hi guys,

After trying everything suggested I have decided to bite the bullet a upgraded to ms2020 on a new system,

and Orbx works as it should.

I would like to thank everyone who tried to resolve my issue but I'm so glad I upgraded what a difference.

Hopefully the future of flightsimming looks great,especially with the extras from Orbx.

Keep up the work guys.

Archived