Cannot install newly purchased addons

Hi Today i purchased a few addons for Microsoft Flight Simulator through the Orbx Website, there doesnt seem to be a way of installing the addons into the new Flight Simulator 2020.
I can see that there is the option to purchase the addons from the marketplace howver it would mean purchasing the items again.

I hope you can help

I just purchased the London landscape through The Orbx website.   Orbx Central allowed me to install It to a library or into the msfs2020 folder.  I initially choose the former.   I fired up the sim (after closing Orbx central) and went to my profile and the content manager. I searched for London and didn’t see any5ing about London landscape.   I then exited the sim, uninstalled the landscape, reinstalled it into the msfs2020 folder, Fired up the sim again and looked in content manager and still didn’t see anything about London landscape being installed.    I can confirm that it is working based on the London buildings which now look more detailed (eg the London eye and Buckingham Palace).  However there is no indication that the landscape is installed and available for use in the SIm.

I also checked the In game market place and saw no indication that I had already purchased The landscape addon. Personally I think this rather annoying and I hope that Orbx and Asobo can better integrate.  

59 minutes ago, AGosney said:

Hi Today i purchased a few addons for Microsoft Flight Simulator through the Orbx Website, there doesnt seem to be a way of installing the addons into the new Flight Simulator 2020.
I can see that there is the option to purchase the addons from the marketplace howver it would mean purchasing the items again.

I hope you can help

hi i have the same problem  I got the 7 files of orbex but can not download  them the other thing is do we download  microsoft  flight simulator from  steam version  of the game or do have to get the xbox one or microsoft  one confused  help 

6 hours ago, hilkiah said:

I just purchased the London landscape through The Orbx website.   Orbx Central allowed me to install It to a library or into the msfs2020 folder.  I initially choose the former.   I fired up the sim (after closing Orbx central) and went to my profile and the content manager. I searched for London and didn’t see any5ing about London landscape.   I then exited the sim, uninstalled the landscape, reinstalled it into the msfs2020 folder, Fired up the sim again and looked in content manager and still didn’t see anything about London landscape being installed.    I can confirm that it is working based on the London buildings which now look more detailed (eg the London eye and Buckingham Palace).  However there is no indication that the landscape is installed and available for use in the SIm.

I also checked the In game market place and saw no indication that I had already purchased The landscape addon. Personally I think this rather annoying and I hope that Orbx and Asobo can better integrate.  

You can confirm if it is installed by looking in the Community folder in the location you installed MSFS. They will be on the same disk as the MSFS installation so find it and open it and it will show what is installed. There should be 2 folder one is Community the other is Official.

To test if London is installed you can also fire up a night flight from say EGLC and if the Canary Wharf lights are very bright then it is installed. The lighting is due to a tone down fix.

I wish everyone would just quite saying this folder or that folder, and give an actual full directory address. I hate the fact that this game is all buried in some Windows Store app folder, I have peripheral software that needs to point the the FS .exe (? ? ?)  that seems to not exist. Like or sims and previous versions of FS, I was going to to create some liveries for I couple of aircraft, but I can't even locate those.

I purchased KORS Orcas Island, and it installed to "G:\Users\Name\Orbx Library\msfs\KORS Orcas Island Airport".

1. Is FS going to read the scenery from the above DIR, or does it need to be moved or copied to some Ms FS Dir?

I purchased the London Landmarks pack last night via the FS Marketplace, but everytime I try to download it it gives me a "package failed" error and stops the download soon after it has started. I can provide the microsoft order number if required.

Please can you tell me how I can get it to download correctly.

I have been trying to install from content manager in the game (I bought London Landmarks via the game) my download gets as far as 90mb of the 880 and it always fails, there is nothing from Orbx in the Community or Official folders and have tried with Windows Defender off and on.  However from what I read is it possible to just get my money back I am sorely disappointed in Orbx after buying several of their products in the past.  This is the pits.

Hello,

these questions are all about Microsoft Flight Simulator, something that is supported by Microsoft,

as it is their product.

Orbx Central is supported by Orbx, of course, but we do not and cannot support the Microsoft Store,

as we have no control over it and frankly, I do not know how it works.

I can tell you that the Microsoft Flight Simulator will install its "app" onto the C drive.

Where the core files are installed to is up to the customer, although if the customer does nothing,

they will also be installed onto the C drive.

Inside the folder where the core files are installed, there are two folders.

One is named Official and the other, Community.

The Microsoft core files are installed into the Official folder.

Orbx Central installs Orbx products into the Community folder.

If the Orbx customer decides to use an Orbx \Central Library instead, then shortcuts to the library

are added to the Community folder.

Purely as an example, I installed the core files into G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator, as folder that I

created myself before running the game and which I chose as the target directory at the "Update"

stage, where all the core files were downloaded.

17.jpg

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, SDSimpilot said:

I had been using Orbx Central without issues. Now all of a sudden (I have ver. 4.1.23) it tells me that it cannot find a simulator on my computer and the dropdown list does not show MSFS.

did You install FS on other drive than C:? If Yes then probably Your link to folder LocalCache on drive C: to that folder on other drive was damaged. I had similar problem after installing Drzewiecki design Moscow Landmarks ver.1.1, Central couldn’t see sim nor any addon. You need to fix the link https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store-Gamepass 

• 3 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 8:59 PM, crunchie said:

I have been trying to install from content manager in the game (I bought London Landmarks via the game) my download gets as far as 90mb of the 880 and it always fails, there is nothing from Orbx in the Community or Official folders and have tried with Windows Defender off and on.  However from what I read is it possible to just get my money back I am sorely disappointed in Orbx after buying several of their products in the past.  This is the pits.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, Jon Clarke said:

You can confirm if it is installed by looking in the Community folder in the location you installed MSFS. They will be on the same disk as the MSFS installation so find it and open it and it will show what is installed. There should be 2 folder one is Community the other is Official.

To test if London is installed you can also fire up a night flight from say EGLC and if the Canary Wharf lights are very bright then it is installed. The lighting is due to a tone down fix.

I have the same problem. I have purchased a number of SIM add-ons from the Market Place, paid and downloaded but they will not install. When I quit the program, they again appeared as 'Download Available'. They will not install. Please help me.

Archived