KSJC - thank you!

andy1252

Absolutely Stellar Andy! Just simply outstanding:)

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea how much Vram of the 24 you were actually using for these shots

That along with your resolution settings might be useful info for other P3d folks

I'll bet though that you are really enjoying your investment in outstanding graphics tech!

Cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Very nice shots Andy!

Greg

Thanks Greg. As ever, it feels better "live" than it does in the shots afterwards. When I look at the shots I notice the things that still annoy me about P3D (roads etc) but given the context, i.e. P3D, this is a fine bit of scenery, no mistake.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These look very nice.  I'll be buying this in a day or two.

Definitely worth getting Jack. In spite of P3D being #2 for me, behind XP (and who knows where it'll be after the 18th), I really love this area and I've got a lot of addon airports that fit here and are only available in P3D. So unless you know what has really gone to town with the Bay Area I'll still be coming here for a while yet.

3 hours ago, renault said:

Absolutely Stellar Andy! Just simply outstanding:)

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea how much Vram of the 24 you were actually using for these shots

That along with your resolution settings might be useful info for other P3d folks

I'll bet though that you are really enjoying your investment in outstanding graphics tech!

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete. I'll have to go back there with a monitor running to check the VRAM usage. I know this'll probably sound smug (and I don't intend it to) but I don't really take much notice of this sort of thing now I don't have to! When I first got the card (and @Jack Sawyer, it's a Titan RTX with 24gb Vram) back before P3Dv5 and Vulkan, the biggest hits I was getting were around KLAX in XP (huge amounts of addons there) and KSEA in P3D - XP hitting maybe 14gb and P3D maybe 12-13gb. That's all the sliders maxed and at 4k but with minimal AA (as I figure I don't need it with 4k). You've piqued my curiosity now though so I will go back and check and get back to you.

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots Andy.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain, great bit of scenery this.

Archived