P3d v5 Compatible Question

Thanks. It's been a while since any have shown up, just wanted to make sure the system hadn't changed.  I realize they will get there when they get there.  No rush. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is any work being done on converting the remaining airports to v5? Apart from the first batch there's been not a peep. Are you all bored with P3Dv5 already? I would have imagined Orbx would have converted them in dribs and drabs but nothing.

A little info would be nice. We're not ALL gagging for MSFS.

With love,

Ron

I gotta say I do "love" how Orbx managed to make London City Airport available for MSFS on the very release day.

Wheras the compatibility update for Prepar3D v5 isn't even out 4 months after the release of P5D.

You could hardly make your priorities any more obvious, lol.

42 minutes ago, Marc BF said:

I gotta say I do "love" how Orbx managed to make London City Airport available for MSFS on the very release day.

Wheras the compatibility update for Prepar3D v5 isn't even out 4 months after the release of P5D.

You could hardly make your priorities any more obvious, lol.

Yeah I was a little disappointed in this as well.  I don't have any plan to consider MSFS until they provide VR support.  The one encouraging part is the pricing scale that appears to be pushed for MSFS from Orbx.  It seems like the products will be cheaper in the hopes that they attract more mass appeal.  I hope it stays that way :-)

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

I think is because of the technology used to do London City airport

It is one of the latest done so I think it was easier to port it

Besides London is London  :lol:

You’d think four months would have been enough time to also port it from v4 to v5. 

Cashflow > all. 

Like I said, the priorities are obvious.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:59 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Ron,

all the regions' airports need work and it is no small task.

It is under way but will not be done in a day.

Oddly enough I find I'm suddenly not bothered any more. I've been sucked in by the powerful Microsoft vacuum cleaner. I am now gagging for it! One thing I have learned over the years is not to buy everything that Orbx slings out or the door. I shall pick and choose more carefully. :)

7 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Well that started off well! I've just bought everything for MFS. Weak willed git!

I’ll make up for it but not giving Orbx a single Euro until they update the P5D stuff. 

Plus judging from what I’ve read it seems the London Pack is of very questionable quality. 

2 hours ago, Marc BF said:

I’ll make up for it but not giving Orbx a single Euro until they update the P5D stuff. 

Plus judging from what I’ve read it seems the London Pack is of very questionable quality. 

You need to be selective about what you read. I've just done a flight from Stapleford (not as nice as the Orbx one) to City Airport (the Orbx one) and mooched around the sights of London and in my book it is pretty damned good! Questionable quality yes, and the answer is GOOD.

But I might be too easy to please.

Hi!  Unfortunately I'm waiting  for P3Dv5 compatibility on 7 of the 9 European Products and 5 of the 14 North America ones, including many of my favourite flying spots (EGLC/EGPB/KBLU/KRDD). (I've deleted P3Dv4 so no going back!)  I bought True Earth Washington/Oregon/Northern California as soon as they came out but some of the airports in those regions aren't P3Dv5 compatible yet which was disappointing. I haven't bought anything from you since then. Is there any chance you could post a roadmap of when we might see these to give us a crumb of comfort?

Thanks

Rich Cooke

On 8/18/2020 at 10:12 PM, Ron Attwood said:

You need to be selective about what you read. I've just done a flight from Stapleford (not as nice as the Orbx one) to City Airport (the Orbx one) and mooched around the sights of London and in my book it is pretty damned good! Questionable quality yes, and the answer is GOOD.

But I might be too easy to please.

Plenty of people complaining about the low detail and resolution of many of the models. Looks like they've been ported from some... really old product. There's a whole thread over on avsim warning people not to buy it.

Even if it adds some models to MSFSl, I'm not going to spend money on something that makes a 2020 sim look uglier than it was before. That's just insane, Orbx.

Just check out Tower Bridge.

The default Tower Bridge in MSFS looks fantastic. The Orbx Tower Bridge seriously looks like FS2004. Blocky low rez, it's just awful. How they figured it's okay to release this... I don't know. Oh right, it brings in cash.

I take whatever I said, back. Like I said, I'm not really a one for noticing if the curtains in my house are shown as the wrong colour. Also I didn't fly over London before the Orbx scenery so I couldn't compare. But now a HUGE light has been shined on it and you are right.

I've just seen the video by Gripper. I'll say no more.

Archived