P3D v5 Flight Planner with Vector is very slow

I also found this problem caused by Vector and my case depends on it from  FTX_VECTOR-EXX.

Waiting for a solution I did this procedure:

since the Enable  in Scenery Library of P3D 5 cannot be removed from FTX_VECTOR-EXX with Orby AddonOrganizer I deleted FTX_VECTOR-EXX and then reinstalled it manually in P3D 5 Scenery Library with Add Area and when I have to make a flight planner first I remove the Enable  for  FTX_VECTOR-EXX + OK  then I do the flight Planner and at the end I put the Enable to FTX_VECTOR-EXX + OK.

1 hour ago, BrianV said:

I was wondering the same, for odd reasons the P3D v5 planner seems suddenly very slow, hadn't realized that vector could be involved.

Yes, I've encountered that as well. Hoping for a fix from Orbx.

Lee

Totally agree so I have removed Vector and all works well now, but...I do not know if the land bridge anomally in TE NCA now has something to do with Vector being removed. :blink:

2020-6-14_8-17-7-960.jpg

Well.....With HF2 and Vector reinstalled "the default flight planner is very, very slow and even freezes up". Something is definately not good within Vector.:blink:

Very strange, I had the same problem, then I discovered my insertion points in FTX Central were incorrect, so I put them back to where they are supposed to be, synched everything and it seems like everything clicked correctly in my sceneries, and the next time I planned a route it loaded in no time. Could it all be due to a layering problem? I'll try it out on some more upcoming flights and check back here.

Lee

2 hours ago, erv/erv49 said:

Same here, simply removed Vector. Spent several hours trying to over come problems with Vector,  hopefully a fix is down road.

I didn't remove vector, it just got placed in the correct layer. That made a difference.

Lee

On 6/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, Lee H said:

I didn't remove vector, it just got placed in the correct layer. That made a difference.

Lee

Can u give us the correct Layer ? 

And why Vector is not originally installed in the right Layer ? 

35 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

Can u give us the correct Layer ? 

And why Vector is not originally installed in the right Layer ? 

I use what is suggested here in the forums which is  place Orbx Airports and Regions below your lowest addon scenery and Orbx Global and openLC below Airports and Regions. Then run Sync Simulator. FTX Central will place everything including Vector in the right layer.

Lee

Edited by Lee H
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 1:41 PM, mtn1794 said:

Just a quick note: With vector installed, the default flight planner is very, very slow and even freezes up.  With vector removed, it's back to normal again. 

Bruce Marten

I'm having the same problem here

Hás to uninstall Vector

Hello,

when P3D v5 loads for the first time, it seems to index all the Vector files, which extends the loading time.

If you open the Windows Performance Manager at its Disk page, you can see this happening.

It does this only once in each P3D v5 session.

4.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems that making a flightplan triggers the same undesirable effect, which does indeed slow the process to a crawl.

I don't know why P3D v5 does this but there is a very easy way to stop it.

Before you begin your flight planning, on the same scenario page, open the Options\add-ons menu, because you will all of course

have installed Vector into P3D v5 using the add-ons method, and remove the tick from the Vector box.

5.jpg

You will then be able to create your flightplan in good time and before you launch your flight, revisit the add-ons list and replace

the tick in the Vector box.

This is slightly inconvenient and may add as much as 20 seconds to the flight planning procedure but must be better than hoping

that the next iteration of P3D v5 will address this odd behaviour.

• 10 months later...

I purchased P3D 5.2 for the first time last weekend after years of using FSX.  I do not have Orbx Global Vectors in the P3D Add-On option - I am guessing that is for an older version of v5.  However, in the Scenery Library, leaving Orbx!VECTOR_3DV5_EXX checked causes the flight planner to be very slow, whether creating a complex flight or loading a flight from a planner.  The planner/sim also hangs if I tell the planner to move my aircraft to the starting location.  Unchecking _EXX before planning and then rechecking it after planning helps a lot.  Like Nick said, it is an extra 20 seconds or so to re-check _EXX but it beats waiting ~5 minutes total when leaving _EXX checked.

17 minutes ago, shermank said:

Why is anyone using Vector with P3D v5? I seem to have read in the forum that it is no longer necessary. I have not installed it. Am I missing something?

Sherm

Great question.  The Orbx store page says the Vector is specially made for v5.  I used it with FSX and just want to get my money's worth.  :-)

https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-vector-p3dv5

Hello,

what the "Orbx Store" says is:

This version specifically for P3Dv5 is a derivative of the original Vector release.

It goes on to explain in some detail exactly what it is and why the customer might like to use it.

Prepar3D v5 itself contains a completely new build of the default landscape and airports, the first time this has happened since the release of its predecessor, FSX. However, while Vector uses the same Open Street Map database, it’s features are more configurable (via the control panel) and uses custom road and shoreline textures, which integrate better with our other Global products.

The main difference to the original version of Vector is the removal of the adjusted airport elevations for default airports. This component is not compatible with Prepar3D v5, which uses current and more accurate layouts compared to the original Vector database. Moreover, hundreds of airport ICAOs have changed in Prepar3D v5, which would cause duplicate airports to be displayed at those locations when using Vector’s airports.

• Like 1