TE Sceneries Not Loading On Approach

Over the last month or so, I have been experiencing the TE sceneries not loading up as I approach the particular areas that I am flying towards at the time. I'm just seeing Laminar's default scenery instead. This has mainly being happening when I fly from Europe to the USA. The TE sceneries in question where this problem occurs are the Washington, California, and Florida areas (all HD). I have found a way of overcoming this problem by opening up Orbx Central (before starting the X-Plane 11.41 Sim) and verifying the files of the scenery that I am going to be flying to. This seems to do the trick and following this procedure I then have a successful flight with the TE scenery loading into the sim as per normal. Obviously, I shouldn't need to be doing this everytime I wish to fly to the States from Europe, so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if so, is there a way to overcome it.

My 'C' drive is 65% full and my 'D' drive is 52% full, so it shouldn't be a problem of a lack of drive space. I have placed all the TE Great Britain addons into my 'C' drive and also all the Orbx UK enhanced airport addons as well. All other TE sceneries (ie. USA) are placed in my 'D' drive together with all other enhanced airports outside of the UK.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Over the last month or so, I have been experiencing the TE sceneries not loading up as I approach the particular areas that I am flying towards at the time. I'm just seeing Laminar's default scenery instead. This has mainly being happening when I fly from Europe to the USA. The TE sceneries in question where this problem occurs are the Washington, California, and Florida areas (all HD). I have found a way of overcoming this problem by opening up Orbx Central (before starting the X-Plane 11.41 Sim) and verifying the files of the scenery that I am going to be flying to. This seems to do the trick and following this procedure I then have a successful flight with the TE scenery loading into the sim as per normal. Obviously, I shouldn't need to be doing this everytime I wish to fly to the States from Europe, so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if so, is there a way to overcome it.

My 'C' drive is 65% full and my 'D' drive is 52% full, so it shouldn't be a problem of a lack of drive space. I have placed all the TE Great Britain addons into my 'C' drive and also all the Orbx UK enhanced airport addons as well. All other TE sceneries (ie. USA) are placed in my 'D' drive together with all other enhanced airports outside of the UK.

What does your scenery_packs.ini look like? This is a most strange anomaly you are having and never reported before to my knowledge.

6 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I don't see anything untoward in your scenery_packs.

Ok - would it help if I replicated a flight where the fault occurred and then send you the log.txt file for that particular flight, or wouldn't that neccessarily tell you anything?

2 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Is this a question for me or Jon? I don't have 11.50 - as quoted in my original post, I have 11.41

They were for you - sorry I did not see the reference to 11.41.  The second question was the more relevant one:  I sometimes experience the same when I use ground speed acceleration. 

15 minutes ago, mauricecohen said:

They were for you - sorry I did not see the reference to 11.41.  The second question was the more relevant one:  I sometimes experience the same when I use ground speed acceleration. 

I occasionally experience the sim suddenly running at about twice the speed of normal when the frame rate occasionally drops below 20 (sometimes a LOT below 20 - I have seen 8 fps on occasions in complicated clouds), but as soon as the cloud clears, then the frame rate increases and the sim runs at normal speed again. I don't know if that's what you are referring to. But this doesn't affect TE scenery loading. I am usually at 39,000 feet when I approach the USA after 6 hours of crossing the Atlantic from Europe and the TE scenery does not 'cut in' and the default scenery remains for the remainder of the flight.

@orbmoke  In your last "ini" file I see multiple copies of:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_iBY_Library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TerraFloraXP/

and this one

rbx_OrbxlibsXP/     ???

Also try putting the following lines:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/

between

line

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/"

and line

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/

Cheers,

Sentry

@Sentry11 - ok, I've corrected all your suggestions above apart from 'rbx_OrbxlibsXP/ '

I'm guessing you meant 'Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/'   ?

That is at the very bottom of my 'ini' file now. Do I delete it completely, or just leave it there?

Please would you look at my corrections and check it's now all correct? Thanks - attached is corrected 'ini' file.

scenery_packs.ini

if your using SAM that no doubt what caused the error of the last line entrty. Just delete the last line for now and see if it reproduces itself again after an XP restart.

What's got me puzzled is why so many duplicate files were generated which I assume were because of the multiple verify files in Orbx Central.

And if possible after another run could you attach your log.txt And "ini" files again?

11 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

if your using SAM that no doubt what caused the error of the last line entrty. Just delete the last line for now and see if it reproduces itself again after an XP restart.

What's got me puzzled is why so many duplicate files were generated which I assume were because of the multiple verify files in Orbx Central.

And if possible after another run could you attach your log.txt And "ini" files again?

Ok, will do - I've just opened up the sim at Vienna (LOWW) and then closed it down again and then checked the ini file and it's put back those 3 lines that I had previously deleted - the whole thing seems to have a mind of it's own!

Do you want me to do a flight first, or just open and close the sim without actually flying anywhere and then send you the log.txt and ini files again?

You have two "SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_Monument_Valley_lib/" lines entered in the "ini'.

Also put the three Orbx Florida lines after Orbx TE SoCal Othos line.

After the restart, & close of XP attach both files and lets see what we get.

Ok, done that - attached the ini here just to make sure I've done it correctly.

It seems to me that things get shifted even after I save the file, close it down, start the sim, close the sim again, and re-check the ini file - and it's different.

Does the action of 'verify files' within Central also change the ini file?

scenery_packs.ini

Sorry about that. I meant Florida files instead of oregon.

Did you put the three Orbx Florida TE lines after Orbx TE  SoCal  Orthos line and remove one of the "SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_Monument_Valley_lib/" duplicate lines before you restarted XP??

@orbmoke

Run the XP installer and update XP to replace any corrupt or missing files. DON'T tick the box "Check for new betas as well as updates if you want to keep XP version 11.41r1 intact.

Next, remove all other third party plugins from the XP plugins folder and move them to a safe place elsewhere for the time being, except the following Laminar files and folders, leave them inside the XP plugins folder.:

"PluginAdmin" - FOLDER
"XPLM.framework" - FOLDER
"XPWidgets.framework - FOLDER
"Commands" - FILE
"DataRefs - FILE
"XPLM_64.dll" - FILE
"XPLM_64.so" -FILE
"XPWidgets_64.dll" - FILE
"XPWidgets_64.so" - FILE

When that is done save a copy of your current "scenery_packs.ini" file.

Then drop in the attached "scenery_packs ini" file into your "Custom Scenery" folder replacing the "ini" file that is, or should be there.

After all that is done, restart XP, then quit XP then attach and send BOTH the "log.txt" and "scenery_packs.ini" files.

scenery_packs.ini

Ok, I've followed your above instructions to the letter and attached are the 'ini' and 'log.txt' files as requested. I did notice that one of the files or folders that XP was asking to overwrite was a recent mod that I added to the default XP B747-400. The mod was available on the xplane.org website. it was successful in overcoming some of the bugs that the default B747 had, ie. frame rates dropping off drastically after about 6 or 7 hours continuous flying. Also, there was a steering problem whilst taxiing with this aircraft which this mod seems to have fixed. But my problem with the TE sceneries not appearing happened before I downloaded the 747 mod, so I don't think that that was were the problem was.

Anyway, here are those 2 files.

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

I see the replication of files didn't take place this time, but did you recently add Zurich, Vancouver and Munich, they weren't on the last ini ??

Drop the attached "ini" file replacing the one inside the custom scenery folder and take a flight to the state in the USA where you had the previous problems.

then after attach BOTH log.txt and "inI" files as well as a screen shot of the contents of your XP plugins folder.

scenery_packs.ini

3 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

but did you recently add Zurich, Vancouver and Munich, they weren't on the last ini ??

Just looked up the dates that I downloaded and installed those three airports and they were as follows:

Munich - 24th May

Zurich - 25th May

Vancouver - 31st May

I thought I did see them in one of the many ini files that I sent to you, but I can't be 100% certain that they were included in the last one.

The flight that I am just about to do will take about 9.5 hours depending on headwinds! I'll use the dreamliner that I have as the 747 will now be the original unmodified version, so I don't wish to run into any problems with that on the way!

See you later - have a good day and many thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion the SAM plugin you removed from the XP plugin folder was doing all the dirties.

I thought I was using the Orbx SAM plugin that is listed in my scenery contents shown in Orbx's Central application.

1 minute ago, Sentry11 said:

So your saying a SAM plugin folder was not in your XP plugins folder?

Ah, yes it was - do you mean that the SAM plugin that was in the Plugin folder was not the Orbx one? I thought that it was - ok. So the Orbx SAM plugin is not held in the plugin folder that I have just modified?

What we are trying to do now is to isolate anything SAM that may interfer with your flight that you are doing now. That is why I told you to remove the SAM plugin from your XP plugins folder and also I disabled two instances of SAM in current ini file that is active now. As I said I have the suspicion that SAM is the cause of the problem and that is why we are isolating SAM from XP. to see if it is causing the problem.

1 minute ago, Sentry11 said:

What we are trying to do now is to isolate anything SAM that may interfer with your flight that you are doing now. That is why I told you to remove the SAM plugin from your XP plugins folder and also I disabled two instances of SAM in current ini file that is active now. As I said I have the suspicion that SAM is the cause of the problem and that is why we are isolating SAM from XP. to see if it is causing the problem.

I understand - that's fine. I've just installed the latest modified ini file as attached above in your post and I will now start the flight from LOWW to KSEA. Hopefully, TE Washington will appear as it should in about 8 hours from now.

I certainly hope so.

1. We eliminated the possibility of corrupted or missing  XP files by running the XP installer again.

2. We eliminated the possibility of third party plugins causing the problem by removing them from the plugins folder.

3.We disabled any SAM occurrence in the active ini file that may cause problems.

If SAM is not the problem then we have to look elsewhere, possibly Orbx Central.

Archived