BUG REPORT - Florida HD: Very large antennas 10 miles north of KPIE

Hi,

There's a couple of antenna's about 10 miles north of St. Petersburg (KPIE).  The VFR map shows them at 377' if I have the right ones.  Flying into KPIE from the north in Florida HD, they look like they're a couple of thousand feet tall.

Gregg

6 hours ago, Meta said:

Hi,

There's a couple of antenna's about 10 miles north of St. Petersburg (KPIE).  The VFR map shows them at 377' if I have the right ones.  Flying into KPIE from the north in Florida HD, they look like they're a couple of thousand feet tall.

Gregg

Next time you re in the vicinity please take and attach a pic or 2. Thanks

On 5/30/2020 at 11:08 AM, Meta said:

They make your palms sweat when you're coming in for the ILS from the northeast. :)

Shouldn't!  10 miles out you'll be 3000'+ unless you're planning to intercept the glide slope at 2000'.  :-)

On 5/30/2020 at 11:04 PM, John Dow said:

Shouldn't!  10 miles out you'll be 3000'+ unless you're planning to intercept the glide slope at 2000'.  :-)

Depends on what the VATSIM controller directs you to do.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:55 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

The height in the data is in feet and I interpreted it as meters (the rest of my data sources are metric), so they are 3 times as big as they should be :banghead:

So, just curious, does that mean that the other antenna are off too?

14 hours ago, Meta said:

So, just curious, does that mean that the other antenna are off too?

I thought it was the case, but it's not.. It seems something else has gone wrong. They are really marked as that high in the data I have, but the majority do seem correct. I used the same data in all the other US regions as well.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - Florida HD: Very large antennas 10 miles north of KPIE

Archived