MSFS 2020 - Weather Engine

orbmoke

Apologies - I tried to delete the above new topic using your edit facility, but I couldn't manage it. I intended to post it under the MSFS 2020 topic heading, but I obviously failed to do that. Moderators, please would you move this to the intended location. Thanks.

1 hour ago, orbmoke said:

Does anybody on here know if the weather depicted in the up and coming MSFS 2020 is dynamic (as it was in MS FSX), or static as it is in X-Plane 11? Just curious really.

This will answer all your questions

Cheers

R

Microsoft Flight Simulator Channel

Feature Discovery Series - outlines key aspects of new simulator

This is the Feature Discovery Series : Episode 2 - Weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8TGT87Fxyw&list=PLHHNa7e7hf9MOgis5vFhf0tjl8QD92KSQ&index=4&t=0s

5 hours ago, orbmoke said:

Does anybody on here know if the weather depicted in the up and coming MSFS 2020 is dynamic (as it was in MS FSX), or static as it is in X-Plane 11? Just curious really.

What do you mean with the weather was static in X-Plane? When set to "match real world conditions" one can also set a time interval for updating the real world weather. Of course also regional differences are depicted during a flight.

Or are you talking of manually set weather? 

Hello,

6 hours ago, orbmoke said:

I intended to post it under the MSFS 2020 topic heading, but I obviously failed to do that. Moderators, please would you move this to the intended location. Thanks.

As we don't have such a thing, perhaps you meant to post the topic at the Avsim forums, after all.

Archived