desperate for help

NOt running more than one screen?  I used to lose programs at work because a program would be trying to load in another screen I didn't have.

Another option which is more likely:  go into the P3D folder and run 'Delete Generated Files'.  You'll lose your preferences but you should get P3D back.

20 hours ago, John Dow said:

NOt running more than one screen?  I used to lose programs at work because a program would be trying to load in another screen I didn't have.

Another option which is more likely:  go into the P3D folder and run 'Delete Generated Files'.  You'll lose your preferences but you should get P3D back.

Thanks john for the reply

I only run 1 screen and the resolutions match as well as the FPS/Hz

I don't know how to do the action on gen files - but the sim is absolute vanilla

so had no time to install any preferences.

I also have done another Repair check of all the install  no luck from it though

except I got this note after the repair - which I don't understand

I know Nick talked about shaders etc  

I suppose I could buy the V5 but will the same problem occur.

P3D note after repair carried out.jpg

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello John,

inside your new installation of P3D, you will find a file named Delete Generated Files.

Right click on that and select Run as an administrator.

Then try P3D again.

Hello Nick

Many thanks for trying to help  - I always thought it had to be something other than  P3D in view of all the installs and repairs

I thought back to when it all started - last Friday I thought - and then had a Light bulb moment

I'm always suspicious of W10 upgrades and yes there was one last Friday so I uninstalled it  and Bingo -  I had my P3D back again in full

'I wonder how many others that update might have stuffed up?

Many Thanks Nick for your kind efforts - much appreciated

Archived