List of POI’s?

Psionmark

Hi all.

My apologies if this is FAQ but I couldn’t spot anything.

Is there a list of POI’s for the various TrueEarth packages? I love just exploring, but with such vast areas covered, it’d be neat to know about the really detailed areas to go visit when I don’t have much time to fly.

Regards,

Mark

On 5/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, BradB said:

You might find what you need here Mark :

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/275-community-airport-poi-requests-and-photo-submissions/

Cheers

John

That’s useful, many thanks John. I did find those threads earlier but assumed from the title (and now looking through them) that these are requested POI’s rather than necessarily actual POI’s in the scenery - is that correct?

A good starting point for me, either way, so thanks again :)

Regards,

Mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psionmark said:

That’s useful, many thanks John. I did find those threads earlier but assumed from the title (and now looking through them) that these are requested POI’s rather than necessarily actual POI’s in the scenery - is that correct?

A good starting point for me, either way, so thanks again :)

Regards,

Mark

Hey Mark , not sure about the actual POI’s . Maybe someone from the team can chime in on this subject . 

John

After having tested several, I can say from experience that there is no guarantee that a POI request in those POI request and photo submission topics (even if an OK was given) will appear in the associated TE product when it is released.

Rod

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

After having tested several, I can say from experience that there is no guarantee that a POI request in those POI request and photo submission topics (even if an OK was given) will appear in the associated TE product when it is released.

Rod

Absolutely.  My experience also.

2 hours ago, Psionmark said:

Hehe, yeah, that’s fun too, but I was kinda hoping for a list when I don’t have the time to explore.

Yeah, I fully understand what you mean.

Attached is my list of many of the Castles, Forts and Bldg POIs custom modeled by Orbx in TE GB South.  This list does not include all of the modeled POIs (e.g. stadiums etc.).  I have, however, visually inspected most of the models on the list using P3Dv4.  I am pretty sure XP11 has all of these plus a few more.

Rod

TE GB South Alpha Order Castles, Forts, POI Bldgs.pdf

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:20 PM, stiletto2 said:

Attached is my list of many of the Castles, Forts and Bldg POIs custom modeled by Orbx in TE GB South.  This list does not include all of the modeled POIs (e.g. stadiums etc.).  I have, however, visually inspected most of the models on the list using P3Dv4.  I am pretty sure XP11 has all of these plus a few more.

Rod

TE GB South Alpha Order Castles, Forts, POI Bldgs.pdf 433.96 kB · 4 downloads

Oh wow! Thank you so much - that’s exactly what I was after :)

Time to go exploring!

• 1 year later...

Here's some lists of POIs derived from previous Orbx POI request threads. In KML format suitable for viewing in Google Earth and in a CSV format that can be imported directly into Little Navmap, Plan G or Avitab.

The UK list has been curated. Merged from all KMZ/KML files I could find on the Orbx POI request threads for South, Central and North. Both Orbx posted and user requests, whether accepted or not. I added some extra POIs, pruned a little in dense city areas and then in the CSV the POIs are classified.

The USA based lists are similarly extracted from Orbx POI request threads, but although I've merged all KML/KMZ files, I've spent very little time curating.

You will get most out of the lists if you're using Orbx TE regions for XPlane, since many of the structures will have been explicitly modelled. However, it should also be useful for others running e.g. MSFS with Little Navmap

POI_CSVs_20211108.zip

• Like 4