PNW airports CTDs

Flying in PNW is barely possible for me. I get too often CTDs when approaching certain airports in the Seattle area. So far I have identified at least S43 and 0S9 being problematic. When I'm approaching those two I get  reproducible a CTD. I also had CTDs when near KFHR or KTIW but these are not reproducible every time.

Overall I think there is a problem with some PNW airports and I really hope that Orbx will look into this, but don't have much hope. I'm really interested in buying Washington TE when it appears but now I'm a bit uncertain if my airports will work with it.

I'll throw in a left fielder here - Its with P3D v4.5, but I was having the same problem in v5, before I went back to v4.5

The problem was not CTD at S43, but rather a 'stuck' train at the corner by the Wood mill.

I read a few minute ago on another forum that someone was having CTD's coming into S43 & other Orbx airfields.

His solution, [& I don't know how he figured this one out], was to Disable Grass at S43, via Orbx Central.

So I went in & did that, as well as  No Dandelions for good measure , [Trees are ok], & Voila!, I now have trains moving around the Wood Mill curve to the right of the airstrip at S43.!

Just like the old days.

Somewhat perplexing, but I throw it into the mix, FWIW.

TTM

20 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I'll throw in a left fielder here - Its with P3D v4.5, but I was having the same problem in v5, before I went back to v4.5

The problem was not CTD at S43, but rather a 'stuck' train at the corner by the Wood mill.

I read a few minute ago on another forum that someone was having CTD's coming into S43 & other Orbx airfields.

His solution, [& I don't know how he figured this one out], was to Disable Grass at S43, via Orbx Central.

So I went in & did that, as well as  No Dandelions for good measure , [Trees are ok], & Voila!, I now have trains moving around the Wood Mill curve to the right of the airstrip at S43.!

Just like the old days.

Somewhat perplexing, but I throw it into the mix, FWIW.

TTM

I did disable grass at S43 too, but get still a CTD when flying over it.  As Nick said, we have to wait for an ObjectFlow update which seems to be already in the pipeline.I  really hope that this will cure the CTDs in this area.

Sweet PNW skies with P3Dv5.  A little update here and there, but what a ride.   Some of the mass airports will stammer from time to time, but most have disappeared.  v5 and Orbx is absolutely awesome.  Unbelievable frame rates and details.  Simply love it.

BTW, I jumped to buy Pilots new world mesh and weather.  Very simple and amazing ground and weather.  But, I have not went testing each addon for what was missing.  Just too much 'eye candy' to take in.  Amazing to use 'real air' and 'a2a' low and slow or fast.

Archived