Download frozen 4x

Download for SoCal SD is currently stopped at 48.34gb of 49.49gb for the 3rd time.  Canceling it deletes the entire thing, requiring me to redownload it all again.  Don't understand why it wouldn't leave the downloaded files and have a delta to figure out what's missing.

Currently says "Extracted 51856 of 60949".  There is plenty of drive space (250+gb free)

It's frozen now, what should I do?

4 minutes ago, Strega said:

Download for SoCal SD is currently stopped at 48.34gb of 49.49gb for the 3rd time.  Canceling it deletes the entire thing, requiring me to redownload it all again.  Don't understand why it wouldn't leave the downloaded files and have a delta to figure out what's missing.

Currently says "Extracted 51856 of 60949".  There is plenty of drive space (250+gb free)

It's frozen now, what should I do?

Sorry for you problem. Please attach your Orbx Central Log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help. If it is a large file then please zip it and attach it.

56 minutes ago, ChubbyTurtle101 said:

Just for note:  I have attached my log files to another post that was moved to Orbx Central forum regarding missing files as I saw that post before this one.

Edit:  

Hi, 

Please start your own new topic, it is impossible to deal with several different issues on the same thread and it also hijacks the Original posters topic.

I also have this problem.

Tried to install the SD Version of TrueEarth US Southern California twice, and it stops shortly before the download would be completed.

@Mitchell Williamson @Ben McClintock Gents. You can tell from the posts in this forum there are many instances of installation problems via Orbx Central especially with the large SoCal addon.

Would you please give a guide as to what customers should do when their installation is frozen, not finished after many hours etc. The exit and reboot is quite a common fix, but should not be necessary, and can on occasions result in the partial already downloaded part of the addon being removed and the customer having to start all over aga

Should all installation problems be addressed to the Orbx Central support forum when it involves freezing etc?

Guidance required please.

Thanks

For what it is worth , I have a high speed fiber line and it took about 2 hour's and thirty minutes to DL and install . But I had no freezes or pauses and it installed correctly into my Main Library outside of the sim .

Cheers

John

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

For what it is worth , I have a high speed fiber line and it took about 2 hour's and thirty minutes to DL and install . But I had no freezes or pauses and it installed correctly into my Main Library outside of the sim .

Cheers

John

That is my experience with all my large TE download/installations. I have never experienced any issues like those being currently reported by some customers.

I need to try and find the source of the issue especially freezing, having to exit and reboot etc. This should not be required but may be associated with bandwidth, server issues, customer network connection speed or Orbx Central. 

I have this problem as well.

Yesterday i uninstalled Orbx Central and deleted all my scenery. Today i installed again and tried again. No luck, same problems still. Tried to install from manual download, but it freezes.

My to earlier support requests at the forum has been unanswered.

Starting to get very annoyed with the support and being unable to install my purchases.

Zappfe.

Archived