True Earth NA taking hours to install

Why is it taking me 2 and a half hours to download and still awaiting Orbx TE North America to install this is going so slow it is beyond belief.  TE UK installs perfectly fien and quickly so it is nothing to do with the read write on my hard drive the problem is Orbx converting the files is taking way longer on TE NA than TE uk ?

I have the same issue, the install ran for over 10 hours to finally hang at cleaning and backing up files.

I have plenty of disc space, high internet bandwidth.. Even when I tried to install SAM - Scenery Animation Manager it also stall as does ENOV free airport.. Looking at the evidence most everything looks like it has been added to the Xplane11.ini file and all the files in the libraries seem to be complete. But I get an error when I try and fun Xplane11. I am in the USA? I wonder if the distant server cannot cope with lots of downloads and it just times out?

19 minutes ago, speedbird2017 said:

Amazes me how long they take to reply to support requests yet when people are praising products they reply instantly lol 

A totally unjustified comment if you are referring to the XP support forum.

You made a post 9 hours ago which you said it was taking 2.5 hrs to date to download and the install is not finished.

What is TE North America?

What is TE UK?

I suggest you raise your topic in the Orbx Central support forum along with an attached copy of your Orbx Central Log file

@Nick Cooper Please move this to the Orbx Central support forum 

@KAR Please raise a separate topic in Orbx Central support forum along with a copy of the Orbx central Log.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

A totally unjustified comment if you are referring to the XP support forum.

You made a post 9 hours ago which you said it was taking 2.5 hrs to date to download and the install is not finished.

What is TE North America?

What is TE UK?

I suggest you raise your topic in the Orbx Central support forum along with an attached copy of your Orbx Central Log file

@Nick Cooper Please move this to the Orbx Central support forum 

@KAR Please raise a separate topic in Orbx Central support forum along with a copy of the Orbx central Log.

Thanks

This is a support forum so it is in the correct place ?

1 minute ago, speedbird2017 said:

This is a support forum so it is in the correct place

also i do not appreciete your sarcastic reply.

you clearly know what TE North America is and TE UK.  Clearly we are talking about TRUE EARTH for the North America regions that are released.  Always the same on here as soon as people complain about anything there comments get talked down to by "team members" You do realise Orbx are not invisible to problems so expect to get posts like this when people LOTS OF MONEY on products. Just remember who the customers are and the ones who BUY these products.  Sarcarstic comments like yous will and do put people of future products.

It is an installation issue about the time it is taking. That aspect is governed by Orbx Central and is not a support question regarding not being able to download or install or error messages etc. You only mentioned the time it was taking, not a problem with the installed product or error reports during a failed installation. 

Orbx Central is the forum for that.

Regarding the TE US and TE UK . There are individual addons in both TE series and are of differing sizes and therefore different time periods to download and install.

I was not wanting to appear sarcastic but was not willing to accept 2 blanket statements that the support is slow and only quick when a product is being praised, and the point that TE US and UK installed quicker when they consist of several different sized downloads which take different installation times.

Many posts are answered within minutes if i am online and I work twice a day and answer ALL posts in that day. That is the aspect I found offensive in your opening post.

@Nick Cooper for comment please

51 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

It is an installation issue about the time it is taking. That aspect is governed by Orbx Central and is not a support question regarding not being able to download or install or error messages etc. You only mentioned the time it was taking, not a problem with the installed product or error reports during a failed installation. 

Orbx Central is the forum for that.

Regarding the TE US and TE UK . There are individual addons in both TE series and are of differing sizes and therefore different time periods to download and install.

I was not wanting to appear sarcastic but was not willing to accept 2 blanket statements that the support is slow and only quick when a product is being praised, and the point that TE US and UK installed quicker when they consist of several different sized downloads which take different installation times.

Many posts are answered within minutes if i am online and I work twice a day and answer ALL posts in that day. That is the aspect I found offensive in your opening post.

@Nick Cooper for comment please

Ok see now you explained it like that that makes perfect sense.

Thank you for comment.  Thankfull i think i have sorted it although time shall tell lol,

Thank you

19 hours ago, speedbird2017 said:

Amazes me how long they take to reply to support requests yet when people are praising products they reply instantly lol 

I would think that this post was the result of a moment's frustration that not everything can happen at once.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I would think that this post was the result of a moment's frustration that not everything can happen at once.

you would think that spending just short of £160 on a payware product that it would install like it should. 

20 minutes ago, speedbird2017 said:

you would think that spending just short of £160 on a payware product that it would install like it should. 

Exactly! So frustrated with the download speed from Orbx Central. Delivery is part of product and customer satisfaction. Right now its very bad. Product quality ingame itself is Best that can have.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, speedbird2017 said:

I think it is only logical that support requests take time to investigate, and responding to a compliment does not.

39 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I think it is only logical that support requests take time to investigate, and responding to a compliment does not.

Valid point however when it is installed it is work the wait :O

b738 - 2020-05-09 22.35.35.png

Archived