v5 product incompatibility

I was very pleased when V5 came out and most of my Orbx products were compatible with it, but on going through my list there are a few I own that are not compatible,  these include:

CityScene Barcelona
CityScene Charleston *
CityScene Orlando *
EGPB Sumburgh Airport
KBLU Blue Canyon-Nyack Airport
KRDD Redding Municipal Airport
KSTS Sonoma County Regional Airport
NZMF Milford Sound Airport
YBAS Alice Springs Airport

While I know it would be foolish to ask for a release date for the updates but I am curious if they will be updated at some point or if they are never going to be updated.  I purchased a couple of the CityScene products in the last big sale (*) and would not have done so if I know they would be obsolete within a month.

• 2 weeks later...

I have copied EGJA and EGPB from my v4 installation into my V5 installation and (apart from a couple of cars halfway in and halfway out of a hangar at EGJA), both airports look and work OK in V5 so I'm wondering why they're not considered compatible?  Whilst I understand that standards have to be upheld, it would be good if they could be released with a caveat that they might not be 100% perfect rather than hold them back altogether?  These are two of my favourite Orbx airports and it's much better with the v4 versions installed than the default scenery. 

I also note EGHA isn't compatible but I've uninstalled v4 now and am rather loathe to reinstall it just so that I can install EGHA and then uninstall v4 again so if it could be made available, even if it had a few minor issues, that would be great.   

Sorry Mr. Cooper,

I have bought Honolulu Cityscene. It is marked as compatible but it is not compatible for P3Dv5! I mentioned about it in my earlier posts - without reaction. I found:

- military ships are black when flying from east to west, in opposite direction is ok.

- problem with airports textures similar to LOWI

- and most important: stock objects are visible in airport!!!

Mark

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, jotaedo said:

Hello, 

i'm sorry because i'm reactivating an older post, but seems the proper place to ask if this published list is totally up to date

https://orbxdirect.com/prepar3d-v5

i'm still waiting for some scenery to show up for v5. the compatibility add on department is still holding me back to jump from v4.5 to 5.1

Yes it is as it’s linked to what can be installed by Orbx Central. 

21 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Yes it is as it’s linked to what can be installed by Orbx Central. 

Hello Ed , thanks for your response

do you know if we can expect any other scenaries to be updated to v5.1 in the future?, I own a few ones that are not compatible with v5.

Archived