List of the Orbx freeware and payware airports.

Orbxtreme

Hi everyone,

I have reviewed and edited my list of the Orbx freeware and payware airports, with runway description and airport elevation. It includes most airports that were created as of March 27th 2020.

I have added many airports based on what Orbx has released since last year on its “OrbxDirect Release Announcements” section. I have also corrected some mistakes that I noted on the list. Every new virtual airport for X-Plane, P3DV4, AFS2 and FSX has been added to this list.

Payware airports often come with secondary, smaller virtual airports included in their package. I reviewed several payware airports and added those smaller airports with their runway description and elevation.

I use the list to plan my virtual flights and find possible challenging situations. The list might not be perfect but it is certainly good enough to be enjoyed by most flight simulation enthusiasts.

You have access to a free download PDF file on my website. Just click on the following secured link:

https://francoisouellet.ca/en/Orbx-freeware-and-payware-list/

Have fun! :)

I certainly will use it.

I wonder if you have considered doing it as a spreadsheet?

Why I say this is because I run a small spreadsheet of Orbx P3D USA airfields with columns for the ICAO,  regions, [eg, PNW, Alaska] & the State, & the data you use [airfield length & elevation, material, & if available, ILS data]

I can then data sort to quickly find for instance, the longest runway in WA , or all the airfields in NorCal with ILS.

I find it a handy way to record & arrange the data.

The volume & complexity of the data you are preserving would lend itself admirably to a spreadsheet, IMHO:)

TTM

Not a bad idea, but for now time is a bit of an issue for me as I have multiple projects going on at the same time, including my website, flight simming, university courses to learn German (just received the whole Columbo collection in German from amazon.de), building a wooden deck behind the house, etc. I have to choose my battles. But I keep your idea in mind for the future, we never know!

1 hour ago, Sholay said:

Cool, great work.

However - Croatia has beautiful, paid Dubrovnik LDDU and Horovice in Czech Republic is paid one :D Both are strongly recommended BTW

&

Excellent. I have already Horovice in the list but I forgot Dubrovnik for Croatia, a payware that I even have in my collection. I am adding it today. Thanks for the info.

Archived