LEBB - why is performance so dreadful?

Hi  Marcus.

I have just finished a LEBL - LEBB test flight and I report a situation that occurred during the landing phase.

After your modification I had done a VFR test with takeoff from runway 30 and landing on runway 12 and the fps remained high and stable as in the whole scenario of the airport area but making an IFR LEBL - LEBB flight with landing on runway 30, from  4.3 miles to around the start of runway 30, fps losses with stuttering occurred to return everything OK from the runway head to the landing on 30.

Best regards,

Roberto.

58 minutes ago, robpol471 said:

Hi  Marcus.

I have just finished a LEBL - LEBB test flight and I report a situation that occurred during the landing phase.

After your modification I had done a VFR test with takeoff from runway 30 and landing on runway 12 and the fps remained high and stable as in the whole scenario of the airport area but making an IFR LEBL - LEBB flight with landing on runway 30, from  4.3 miles to around the start of runway 30, fps losses with stuttering occurred to return everything OK from the runway head to the landing on 30.

Best regards,

Roberto.

Thanks for the report,

For further performance tweaking I suggest overviewing your P3D settings. 

Hope you have a nice weekend! :)

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi Marcus

I believe, in my case, that I found what creates problems for LEBB and I explain what I did:

1) with Central I uninstalled and then installed LEBB.

2) I made your last change

3) I have deleted  ALL  the  8  files    LEBB_2018_xxx

I confirm that deleting in Scenery those 8 files LEBB_2018_xxx  in  ALL the scenario therefore including the landing on runway 30

the fps remained high, stable and without stutters.

The doubt I had and therefore I thought about a previous incorrect installation, was due to the fact that there were files LEBB_2018_xxx   and    LEBB_2019_xxx files and therefore I decided to reinstall LEBB but I saw that the LEBB_2018_xxx files were also installed.

Best regards,

Roberto

After further tests, the files of the 8   LEBB_2018_xxx  which in my case create fps losses and stutter are  2 :

LEBB_2018_PLC_Windturbines_Approach.BGL            which creates fps and stutters losses on the landing path from about 4 miles up to runway 30

LEBB_2018_PLC_CityLightFog.BGL               which creates fps and stutters leaks in the runway 12 take-off area

After putting .OFF these two files I have not encountered any problems  of  fps or stutters.

I remember that it is also necessary to make the modification indicated by Marcus with his post   # 39   and that  grass should be disabled to improve fps in the airport area.

Hi Marcus,

thank you for your kind help to solve this problem at LEBB which also made me divert from this terrible period that we are going through and to pass the time in this ... quarantine at home that I started for over a month and it also serves to don't become a ... crazy even though I'm getting reassurance from the ... refrigerator and  from the... washing machine that insist on telling me that ... "you're not crazy"!

Ciao and happy Sunday

Roberto

On 3/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hi!

have you deactivated all options for LEBB in the config tool?

autogen drawing distance, dynamic reflections and shadow settings and high AA settings can also reduce performance.

cheers

marcus

OK, so what I'm gathering is that I have to deactivate options with the config tool, then disable more BGLs in the scenery folder and also possibly reduce my P3D settings to get a smooth experience with this scenery? Kind of defeats the purpose of all the bells and whistles if you can't use them. My fps at this airport is actually worse than at FlyTampa EHAM with Netherlands HD. Is there a chance Orbx will optimize this and/or include config options to disable additional features? I find it a little frustrating that I pay money for what is admittedly a beautiful scenery but it then requires an hour or so of additional work by me to make changes and test it until it runs smoothly. And, that doesn't include the time discovering the issue, getting frustrated on my first approach after a 2 hour flight, then researching forums to figure out a solution.  

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Alright,

I think you mentioned earlier that the previous version of LEBB worked fine for you and if its the ground at the airport that causes your issues I've attached a file that will give you the old ground instead from the initial LEBB release. It will be a drawback in quality and may contain other issues, but if you prefer higher AA-settings then this can for sure be a solution for you.

Just keep the files off that you mentioned, and add these files instead and you should get the old ground back in the simulator.

Strongly do not recommend anyone doing this that are not suffering from big performance issues.

Prior to doing this I advice anyone reading this with similar issues to first download the texture downgrade package and follow the rest of the advices given in that post (higher up in this conversation) and/or adjust your P3D settings.

Download:

HERE

Installation instuctions:

1) Open Orbx Central and head to the configuration tool for Bilbao. Uncheck "Statics Terminal". This step is crucial. You are free, and recommended, to uncheck more options to obtain higher frames, but the statics must be unchecked.

2) Navigate to: Orbx Installation folder\P3Dv4\LEBB Bilbao Airport\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_AA_LEBB\Scenery
3) Change ORBX_LEBB_GP_P3D_Objectflow.xml in the scenery folder to ORBX_LEBB_GP_P3D_Objectflow.OFF

(If you have already added the files from the troubleshooting earlier in this thread then also set LEBB_2019_GP_P3D.BGL to LEBB_2019_GP_P3D.OFF or simply remove the file)

4) Add the attached files from the scenery folder to the scenery folder and the file in the texture folder to the texture folder of FTX_AA_LEBB. Replace when asked.

I have not tested this without Dynamic Lights enabled and can not guarantee the absence of other issues by doing this fusion-mix of versions of LEBB. No further adjustments will be made.

Take care everyone, :)

Regards,

Marcus

Hey,

i just discovered that post. The link with the files is offline.

I had since the latest update the same problems.

In that moment my landing gear touch the ground on the runway, my FPS goes down. I am using a 2080Ti.

Approach, Final, Takeoff as long as you are in the air, is fine. And even when i am in the Taxiways back to the gates. But when i come on the runway, the FPS goes down and stutters.

Is it possible to get the older files for the runway again?

Regars Marius

On 7/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey Marius!

im on vacation for one more week but will get back to you once im back and see what happened to that file,

cheers

marcus

Hey Marcus,

i discovered today two things.

The performance issues, happen to me for example, when i am using 4x SSAA. I am using it all the time and i own a 2080Ti. When i was leaving Bilbao, in that moment i was switching my Taxi and Landing lights on, and, if my view was a bit down to the runway, my FPS go down. Increase of GPU usage by 20-30%. When i look a bit higher, not on the runway, more to the horizon, the usage get down a bit and the FPS become better again.

Or, if i set the lights of, the FPS are ok too.

I guess, it has to do with the implementation of the whole PBR technics to the Airport textures. With the old version of Bilbao, i did not have those problems.

Today i made a wonderful flight, from Bilbao to IKEA International, ESMS ;) and i have the same issues there. By the way, the new Malmö is absolutley beautiful Marcus <3

But, how to fix that? Would it be an option, to get a setting to switch some PBR materials off on the airport, when people have FPS problems or something like that?

Regards Marius

• 2 months later...

I'm revisiting this topic because performance at LEBB is still dreadful. Taxiing out to Rwy 30 today the fps remained in the low 20s but stuttering was constant. Lining up on 30 the fps dropped to 14. That is simply not acceptable.

Can the downgraded texture file please be made available? It was on this topic. https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/189440-lebb-why-is-performance-so-dreadful/#elControls_1637446_menu

If that fails to improve performance to a constant 30fps then I will respectfully request a refund as this airport is simply not usable. I have SimWings Heathrow with 60 Ai aircraft and get great performance. Same too at LFPG, EHAM and all other large airports. But to get 10fps at a tiny airport with minimal Ai is just not acceptable.

Archived