OC not using my backup data

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

I had to do a clean up my drives and decided to start from scratch.

I had all my regions and airports backed up using OC. After new OC install I pointed to original back up folder. 

I'm watching as OC is not checking my backup folder and is downloading everything again. Please note that this is a waste of my time and a waste of Orbx resources and probably money.

Is there a way to force OC to check backups before downloading? I don't want to have to go through a full download of Netherlands and TE England again.

Thanks.

Jose

Hi Jose

I found when I did the same, all I had to do was click on install from within OC and it automatically reinstalled the product using the backup and I did not have to point it to anything.

7 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

After new OC install I pointed to original back up folder

How did you point it to the original backup? And was it created by OC?

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Jose

I found when I did the same, all I had to do was click on install from within OC and it automatically reinstalled the product using the backup and I did not have to point it to anything.

How did you point it to the original backup? And was it created by OC?

It asks where would you like to put the back up files and I pointed to the same folder where all backups are located.

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Jose

Did you do a full OS install? I did a full OS install and OC did not use any of my backups. I stopped downloading for now until we can come up with a way to use the back up.

With FTX Central v3, the Orbx folder stayed in tact and always only downloaded the files that it needed, even after a full install.

Hi Jose,

Please upload your log file per the message in your original post:

15 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

15 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Jose,

Please upload your log file per the message in your original post:

Too late buddy. I already downloaded everything except the TE add-ons for P3D. My XP add-ons all remained intact and OC saw them in the XP11 folder. I have decided to stick without back-ups since when I needed to use them, OC failed to use my backups.

Archived