Tozzifan

Hello,

I've just purchased two NZ airports areas, Gisborne, Whangarei : my download rate is around 100 KB/s (?!), while my system is capable of 100Mbit/s (Italy)

I've restarted Orbx Central, and the system as well, nothing changed (while my system works regularly at 100MBits/s)

just for feedback

Edited by Tozzifan

30 minutes ago, Tozzifan said:

my download rate is around 100 KB/s

Hello Tozzifan,

there is a sale on and I amongst many others am experiencing slow downloads.

My error = to purchase and download / install today, waiting till Sunday to install would be much quicker :banghead:

Yep, the same, I heve 200 Mb/sec connection but slow download also (sometimes for a few minutes it jumps to 1-2 Mb/s, but mostly is near 60-200 kb/s):

sNnkZLxm.jpg

and every few minutes:

kvzwwJrm.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Just now, Smudger said:

Hello atosser, have you checked whether it is all installed ?

Orbx Central allows you to pause any download and commence from that point at a future time.

I downloaded to the library and the only thing in there is the holding folder, but it has no content. So I have to assume that NOTHING has downloaded. When I restarted the downloader, it's starting it from scratch and I'm not waiting any longer for it. They need to fix their systems instead of taking your money and then not giving you the goods. Will be contacting my credit card company to get a refund.

I was installing to temporary library and not the main scenery library. The downloader is incapable of picking up a partly downloaded file even if it's 99.i9% as in my case. I attempted to restart it thinking it might be giving me 50mb/s or something more like I'd expect with a 150mb connection and it's now less than 1mb/sec which is pathetic. Oh and 50% of the time it's got a connection interrupted message even though my internet is still working.

They need to sort this out, but I'm going to ask my credit card company for a refund as it's not good enough.

Hi all,

Over the weekend we hit a hardware limit on a number of our servers responsible for delivering content.  This has caused the download speed issues reported in this thread. As a result, we've begun an investigation into exactly what went wrong and will be arranging for hardware upgrades across our fleet of servers around the world. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by this disruption and will work to prevent it occurring again. 

I tried again on Sunday morning believing it was perhaps North American traffic that was slowing things down. Whether or not this was the case, I ended up with a more reasonable 10-13mb/s download, which meant about 3-4 hours in total to download a 50Gb package. It seems to have done so successfully although I haven't yet installed or tested it as I have the dilemma of having Ortho4XP for California and San Francisco HD installed.

As the Orbx package only covers the top part of California, I'm wondering if there's a way of removing part of the Ortho4XP files for that area, to avoid duplication and to avoid the sim trying to load two lots of scenery. But also to keep the lower half of California until this has been released by Orbx. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just purchased another TE scenery pack, this time Souther Spain. Initially the download speed was o.k. But downloading and installing part has been running for

48 hours and still not finished. I am afraid, if I quit the process and delete everything, it would still be slow for some reason. Neither my M1 macbook, the OWC Hub or the provider speed seem to be the bottleneck. I can download huge projects in Ortho4XP without a problem. I have a 200 Mbit/s line with Deutsche Telekom.

Edited by Miesek

7 hours ago, Miesek said:

Just purchased another TE scenery pack, this time Souther Spain. Initially the download speed was o.k. But downloading and installing part has been running for

48 hours and still not finished. I am afraid, if I quit the process and delete everything, it would still be slow for some reason. Neither my M1 macbook, the OWC Hub or the provider speed seem to be the bottleneck. I can download huge projects in Ortho4XP without a problem. I have a 200 Mbit/s line with Deutsche Telekom.

You can safely shut down Orbx Central any time, download will continue when you open it again. 

Slow downloads have been shown to be almost entirely due to the internet service providers throttling data flows they perceive to be torrents or P2P, it's entirely outside Orbx's control. 

Some people have success by restarting Orbx Central, restarting modems, or contacting their ISP. 

I believe that most ISP caches are refreshed every 48 hours so mostly download problems reset eventually. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I run Gentoo Linux and I've installed the ENOV airport and also Southern California HD last year.

I have some space left over and having bought the Monument Valley and the Seattle area I can't for the life of me get the Orbx Central to start downloading. Have any people at all obtained scenery this week? I know I'm impatient but I'm butting my head to the wall here.

• 2 weeks later...

My workaround for slow download rates is as follows:

I purchased an account for a VPN Provider for one year (in my case it is ProtonVPN, but all others my also work as well i think). Costs me about €60 for one year = €4 per month.

So actually i am located in Austria / Europe. When i change via VPN to Netherlands or France my DL Rate is almost at its maximum (in my case 75MBit = nearly 9 MB per second). 

Greets,

Markus