Night textures during day

Gelith

Hello,

When I've got ORBX Global Vector enabled I get these patches that constantly popup and move around with night textures. 
I've reinstalled Vector, Deleted terrain.cfg and lclookup.bgl, with no avail. Only thing that seems to fix it is to disable Vectors.

Now Vectors seems to cause a problem, but I do not think vectors is what's making it. (Note the key word of the day is "Think")
Generally I feel that It's not ORBX Vector I'm seeing as things just look bad,cities just covered with trees etc...
I was stupid enough getting Black Marble Vectors(See more have had issues with that addon combined with ORBX Vectors) Althought a nice looking addon it ate my frames, and seemed to make things look bad during the day. 
I've deleted BMV since then, and removed it from my Addon/Scenery library, yet ORBX Vectors is in conflict with something. 

In the chance this is not BMV I've come here for help, or in case anybody else has tried to remove it with fault. 
Is there some file I've missed perhaps?

I'm definetly not the worlds smartest person, but I did try to change the order of my scenery library, but I've included it in case I've done something wrong there. 

Regarding FTX AU, I don't know how it got there, i don't own it, I didn't add it to my sim, It just appeared. Now that sounds dodgy I know.

Kind Regards

Joakim

bmvECTOR.png

ORBX1.png

ORBX2.png

ORBX3.png

ORBX4.png

ORBX5.png

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

What if any Orbx Global products do you have except for Global Vector?

There seem to be none of them visible in the parts of the scenery library that you have shown us.

The AU entries will have been added by some of the freeware Australian airports that are also

now apparently missing.

I have noted the same thing around KLAX.  I have Global Base Pack, Vector, openLC North America, and Libraries installed.  This is something recent since I fly around KLAX often.  I just installed the new Orbx Central and there were several updates awaiting me there.

Loaded up on the default scenery of GCLP, seems this issue is more severe than I thought. 
Tried to reinstall P3d Client,scenery and content.

The issue is not ORBX Vector.

Edit: However disabling ORBX Libraries in my addons seems to fix the issue, as seen on screenshot

p3dmess.png

orbxlib.png

Hi

Please uninstall the Orbx Libraries and Vector and your Global base products from your external library location and reinstall them into the root simulator ORBX folder.

Then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Doug;

I have this problem also.  Its worse than what the other forum member said was wrong with his machine.

I have followed your instructions to him exact.  I even went a step further and deleted all 3rd party add-ons to include their .xml addon files.

Still I have black blocks of texture looming all over the place.

I have disabled. enabled.  installed. reinstalled per your instructions.  And I have completed the "sync"

Nothing seems to work.

Please advise.

Thank you.

2020-2-23_19-4-32-934.jpg

2020-2-23_18-52-34-677.jpg

Badapple

I think that if you've done everything Doug has said you just got left to verify the Open Land Class of the region you are flying. I have the impression that will end fixing it

Once I had a lot of black textures around Flightbeam Phoenix. I uninstalled and reinstalled OLC NA and all got fixed. You might like to give it a try while Doug gets back to you

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks for you reply Carlos but I don't think I will get a reply from Doug because as I looked at this post again it says its already been resolved.

I did uninstall and reinstalled OLC NA.  Two times with two times of verifing files and doing a sync.

Same result.

I too use Flightbeam Phoenix and never ever had any problems until the recent update for FTX Central.  It seems to me that merging the FTX lights with the Global base package may have something to do with it.  Just my speculation.

But if you could put a bug in Doug's ear I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Hello,

try deleting Scenery\Global\scenery\lclookup.bgl and then run verify files for Orbx Libraries.

If it is still the same, delete C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg.

Start P3D v4 and it will replace it with a default version.

The close P3D v4 and run Sync Simulator in Orbx Central and try P3D v4 again.

Thanks for the Reply Nick;

I did everything you told me to do except that the lclookup.bgl was not located in the Scenery\Global\scenery folder.  It was in the Scenery\Base\scenery folder.

I went to a different area in the simulator and it is still the same.

Yes,  I did.

I have gone into my scenery library and disabled every FTX folder there is.  Its stock scenery now, however the black blocks and night sequences are gone.

I also one by one was going to turn on each FTX folder until the scenery gets messed up.

1st I turned on Vector.  It brought back the blotches.  I turned it off and only turned on Global base.   It was so so but there were sporatic blotches.

I turned it off and the stock stuff is fine.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled all of the Global base files. verified them, sync them.

I have followed instruction from you and Doug.

Don't know where to go now.

(Keep in mind, my scenery has always look fantastic until FTX Central 4.1 kicked in)

Hi Badapple

Uninstall and reinstall the Global Base pack, I suspect that is the one the requires the refresh

then just verify the files of all the others

I've been through that once

Once I had zero textures a black world and proceeded that way to fix it

Hope this helps you

Cheers

20 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Badapple

Uninstall and reinstall the Global Base pack, I suspect that is the one the requires the refresh

then just verify the files of all the others

I've been through that once

Once I had zero textures a black world and proceeded that way to fix it

Hope this helps you

Cheers

That happened to me today black textures and night textures in the day at SC area. Uninstalled the Global and reinstalled it worked thanks. I’m also in the fast lane 

• 1 month later...

Evening all,

I spotted messed up textures in San Francisco.

I verified FTX Global, and also verified the ORBXLIBS.

I deleted the lclookup.bgl too; none of the above have sorted this weird mix up.

I have Global, OpenLC America/Canada and thats all in this region.

May i ask if anyone else has any suggestions?

Hi

As this topic has been marked as resolved over a month ago, please start your own new topic and,

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, when you do.

• 1 month later...

Archived