ORBX you tell me.

New fresh install Winows 10 (and is it crap compared to windows 7), and fresh install of P3D v4.5. ORBX base, open LC's, vector and TEGB North-South and central and before I forget, PILOT's Global Ultimate 2018 mesh, and still no trees in the cities. There are no other 3rd party addons and still it does not look like what you advertise. Enjoy the photos.:banghead: I would like for someone to explain what I should do next. I cannot wait for the smart comments.

2020-2-19_13-51-44-962.jpg

2020-2-19_13-51-58-418.jpg

2020-2-19_13-52-36-59.jpg

2020-2-19_13-53-13-95.jpg

On installing TEGB I got the Orbx Central to install TEGB directly to the main P3D folder but the TEGB library was installed to my ORBX Library which is a different drive but still a SSD. I did not  give that instruction,  Orbx Central did that. Why did it not install that library with TEGB? Screenshots below of UK10 Plocton and Edinburgh

2020-2-20_16-56-49-626.jpg

2020-2-20_16-58-23-601.jpg

2020-2-20_17-6-4-800.jpg

2020-2-20_17-7-41-948.jpg

2020-2-20_17-7-19-943.jpg

2020-2-20_17-7-41-948.jpg

Hello,

why the TEGB libraries are installed like that is a question that I have asked the developers more than once.

They are not supposed to, but there should be no ill effect, nevertheless.

There is a new version of Orbx Central, just published that you might like to try.

I do see a very few trees in your first shot, I suppose that you do have your P3D autogen vegetation slider

to the right?

Autogen maxed out(everything is maxed out). I have installed the normal England,Scotland and Wales and still no trees in the cities and towns whatsoever. I'm baffled. In the countryside there are trees.....I am lost as it something really simple and stupid or otherwise it's P3Dv4.5.

Thank you Nick for pointing me to the Bentree topic. Found it........"GAYA Simulations KOS" is the offender. Very nice scenery but screws everything up. Got the trees back and I am rather pleased. BRUM just started to look a bit better.:D I was reading of someone wanting to Format their drive and start over.........IF you do that make sure to uninstall P3D as I did not with doing a new install of Windows 10 (it still sucks compared to Win 7), and after reinstalling P3D I could not activate it as I did not uninstall it, and just formatted my P3D drive as well. It took Lockheed Martin 2 days to undo the block on my activation codes:DeadHorse:. I would not have thought that a ORBX sold scenery could be the offender. We live and learn. When are we going to see a fix for GAYA's - KOS?:blink:

2020-2-21_11-55-28-715.jpg

2020-2-21_11-56-3-990.jpg

Hello,

I have asked for the Orbx Kos installer to be stopped from overwriting the autogen in this way,

but if you have the Gaya installer, it may still do so, even after the Orbx Central installer has been fixed.

In the meantime, this can be quickly fixed by running Verify files for the Orbx Libraries after an installation of Kos.

The airport's autogen entries have already been merged into the Orbx autogen.

I have the ORBX Kos installer, and I did verify files on both Orbx library files and that did not fix the missing trees in the cities of TEGB. I will try it again.

Hello,

delete the default.xml file from your P3D\Autogen folder before you run the verify files,

assuming that you have installed the Orbx Libraries inside the P3D folder.

This is what I have and each time, the shortened version installed by Kos has been

replaced by the full version installed by the Orbx Libraries.

It is a different matter if your libraries are outside, but you should find the same file in

the Orbx Libraries folder in any case and it should be replaced instead.

The "wrong " version is only this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<AUTOGEN>
  <REGION>
    <CODE>J</CODE>
    <CLASS>
      <NAME>_KOS_AGN_BUILDINGS_MEDIUM</NAME>
      <GUID>b03a589b4e36bb97df5e0b8bd4260788</GUID>
      <WIDTH>10</WIDTH>
      <DEPTH>11</DEPTH>
      <LIBRARYOBJECT>
        <NAME>Kos_Agn_B_3</NAME>
        <GUID>1ef9cf9d4b0a67cbc1d15f8d04ae6bcf</GUID>
      </LIBRARYOBJECT>
      <LIBRARYOBJECT>
        <NAME>Kos_Agn_B_4</NAME>
        <GUID>a92fb6e14c9551ba6dd22791904f2480</GUID>
      </LIBRARYOBJECT>
      <LIBRARYOBJECT>
        <NAME>Kos_Agn_B_5</NAME>
        <GUID>c2e6235c4304e53b9eaf52b384a0853a</GUID>
      </LIBRARYOBJECT>
    </CLASS>
    <CLASS>
      <NAME>_KOS_AGN_BUILDINGS_SHORT</NAME>
      <GUID>5c6c28d74efcb1a34dd00fbfcca6885c</GUID>
      <WIDTH>8</WIDTH>
      <DEPTH>6</DEPTH>
      <LIBRARYOBJECT>
        <NAME>Kos_Agn_B_2</NAME>
        <GUID>e6f1080040df7a75765daaa4592faa60</GUID>
      </LIBRARYOBJECT>
    </CLASS>
    <CLASS>
      <NAME>_KOS_AGN_BUILDINGS_LARGE</NAME>
      <GUID>c251b6f44a6501e7e14f92a315adabe8</GUID>
      <WIDTH>22</WIDTH>
      <DEPTH>10</DEPTH>
      <LIBRARYOBJECT>
        <NAME>Kos_Agn_B_1</NAME>
        <GUID>f96122c74d2f1802d4f845a6871cd111</GUID>
      </LIBRARYOBJECT>
    </CLASS>
  </REGION>
</AUTOGEN>

I have Kos reinstalled and no trees. Even after verifying the library files. My autogen folder is massive(22.7Mb) and does not look anything like the one you posted above which you say is wrong. I will remove Kos and wait for an updated version which does not screw with my install. Thank you

Hello Nick

No the autogen does not have anything KOS in it. But saying that I have uninstalled KOS. I still have to check if the trees are back or not. Boy I need to get a life....all this is consuming me.

Hello,

indeed, and you need to remove it, so that P3D uses the one in the Autogen

folder or the one in the Orbx Libraries folder if it is outside the simulator.

This is one of the times when the "advantage" of installing products outside

P3D is open to question.

A solution is being tested now.

Hi Appie I don't know your settup or system but I have KOS installed and have trees everywhere the screenshot is Edinburgh and it has lots of trees as you can see, I'm no expert but for me I have everything on one HD for my sim yes KOS installed in the external dir but it still works for me.

Have a little patience mate and I'm sure the guys here will help you get it sorted ;)

Feb22 2020-2020-feb-22-001.jpg

Hello again

So what you are telling me is to install Kos to the P3D folder and not the Orbx Library, and then it wont screw up the trees? Aah I see Ticker7 has everything on one drive. I use I have 6 SSD's....1) Windows 10. 2)P3Dv4.5. 3)Orbx Library and 3rd party addon airports. 4)Pilot's Ultimate Mesh and Megascenery Earth Grand Canyon on 2 ssd's set up in RAID format and the last all my drivers and crap used for setting up the new install of Windows 10 ( why can those clowns at Microsoft not make a new Windows 12 like Windows 7 ) Jeeeez I hate Windows 10 and its only been a week.:angry:

Hello

Ticker7 I just had a good look at your screenshot above, and you dont have trees. Sorry to disappoint you but I cannot see the trees as they should be.???

Hello All

Kos now does not remove the trees in TEGB (YAY and hooooorah). But there are no trees around the airport in Kos now in the updated version 1.01. Hmmmmmm, I don't know what to say. I blame Windows 10 (I had to mention it). The addon available from EYAL Design also does not contain trees whereas before it did and really made the whole of Kos Island look very good. So something is not well. <_< I think it's back to the drawing board for Orbx and Gaya Simulations.:blink:

2020-2-28_12-11-38-659.jpg

2020-2-28_12-46-6-981.jpg

2020-2-28_13-2-35-189.jpg

2020-2-28_13-2-48-769.jpg

I was just reading that the Orbx Libraries have also been updated to fix the tree issue in KOS...........I dont think so, or maybe this update is what removed the trees.:lol::lol:

Fixed it! Copied the "AutogenDescriptions_Legacy" xml from the original install which I had made a copy off, and all trees are present and correct. Av it.:D

On 2/28/2020 at 8:44 AM, appie said:

Fixed it! Copied the "AutogenDescriptions_Legacy" xml from the original install which I had made a copy off, and all trees are present and correct. Av it.:D

Hi and do you still have trees in Sekiu, 0S9 & GBS?

I don't have trees in KOS close to the airport as it happened to you

Actually when I installed cause it read that a peace of the product could not be extracted

So I run the verification files and it ended installing but I don't have trees in Kos near the airport and I didn't do a back up as I had uninstalled it before

Can you please check those airports and let me know the trees status after you put back that legacy file?

Cheers

Carlos

Hello Carlos

I have trees everywhere now, and it actually now looks excellent. I have all the trees in TEGB and I have trees in the normal 11S Sekiu. I do not have the Orbx addon Sekiu or 0S9 Jefferson County. Some screenshots below.

2020-3-2_17-17-58-36.jpg

2020-3-2_17-19-4-634.jpg

2020-3-2_17-28-29-234.jpg

2020-3-2_17-31-35-297.jpg

Archived