You don't have enough free disc space to complete the installation

wolfko

When I try to install TE Washington SD for X-Plane onto my HD I get the message "You don't have enough free disc space to complete the installation", although this drive has 72.4 GB of free disc space available and as per the product page only 65 GB of free disc space is required. Thank you in advance for your support.

Hello wolfko,

I do not have X plane, but as ageneral rule if you say 3 times the size of the download is required for unpacking and installing.

Once installed that Temp folder is then cleared.

Plus at your stated sizes you would be left with 7.4GB free space, which is not enough for any drive to operate smoothly.

I have SD installed and it occupies around 62+GB.  As Smudger says, the problem is the amount of space you would have lweft over on your Disk after an install would not be deemed as sufficient to run the disk properly. It is always recommended to have at least 10-20% of disk space free to ensure proper operation of a Disk drive whether HDD or SSD. Can you not move or remove some items from your chosen disk to make space? How many Disks do you have?

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 11:25 PM, Dadtom65 said:

Hi wolfko when you look at that particular product on the product page think it usually says what disc space it takes up after installing and the disc space it needs to extract it and install it. Derek.

Hi Derek,  Thank you for your suggestion. I have 72.4 GB free space, as per the product page only 65 GB of free space are required, hence my question. But Smudger and Jon have explained why 72.4 GB are not enough after all.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 10:36 PM, Smudger said:

Hello wolfko,

I do not have X plane, but as ageneral rule if you say 3 times the size of the download is required for unpacking and installing.

Once installed that Temp folder is then cleared.

Plus at your stated sizes you would be left with 7.4GB free space, which is not enough for any drive to operate smoothly.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:57 AM, Jon Clarke said:

I have SD installed and it occupies around 62+GB.  As Smudger says, the problem is the amount of space you would have lweft over on your Disk after an install would not be deemed as sufficient to run the disk properly. It is always recommended to have at least 10-20% of disk space free to ensure proper operation of a Disk drive whether HDD or SSD. Can you not move or remove some items from your chosen disk to make space? How many Disks do you have?

Smudger, Jon,

Thank you very much for your explanation. This of course makes sense. I only had assumed that this was already taken into account under Minimum/Reccomended Specs on the product page. I think this would make sense.

So all the SSDs and HDs I have in my PC will not have enough space left. But I have got an 1 TB SSD for Christmas and it seems as it is finally time now to install it into my PC.:D 

Archived