TEGB South V2 Bug: Buildings floating at Clifton Bridge area

stiletto2

After puting in the v2 version of TEGB South, the whole Clifton Bridge is there but one side of it is floating and there are many buildings to the East of the river that are floating including the long red ones in the picture attached below.  The floating buildings remain consistent even after closing out and reloading the sim.

Rod

2019-12-28_17-1-50-761.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, stiletto2 said:

After puting in the v2 version of TEGB South, the whole Clifton Bridge is there but one side of it is floating and there are many buildings to the East of the river that are floating including the long red ones in the picture attached below.  The floating buildings remain consistent even after closing out and reloading the sim.

Rod

2019-12-28_17-1-50-761.jpg

Hi Rod,

I could only replicate this issue with a very low mesh resolution setting. Which isn't surprising in a complex hilly terrain like this one.

Could you try raising your mesh resolution settings?

Bests,

Sascha

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Sascha,

this is what I see:

Weird. The whole mesh terrain layout on your system looks different to what I see. I switched on/off all ORBX GB airports, FTX EU ENG, FTX EU WLS etc. to see if any of those make a change. The visual output however remains as this (and as it should be):

screen.thumb.jpg.2aef7fc96418e3520ba9391274f0f467.jpg

UPDATE: I can replicate your problem 100% when I have no FTX_EU_!GBSII_07_MESH entry in my scenery library. Can you check that, please?

Why however this entry/folder may not be available on your systems gets me at a loss. My installation through Central installs it without problems. The folder needs to contain 3 BGL files.

It definitely seems to be a problem with the mesh.

I de-activated the 0501 base scenery area (which contains the default mesh for the region).

With the FTX_EU_!GBSII_07_MESH area active this is what I see.

Clifton1.thumb.jpg.1d0e7af7faf674084b9e10d54e073f73.jpg

If, instead, I activate FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH with the same 5m mesh setting I see this.

Clifton2.thumb.jpg.ac32cf00b00566343a44e615254ef36b.jpg

The three files in FTX_EU_!GBSII_07_MESH are of size:

TE_GBS_Mesh_V01__A1.bgl 217,812 KB

TE_GBS_Mesh_V01__A2.bgl 603,982 KB

TE_GBS_Mesh_V01__A3.bgl 291,211 KB

All the best,

John

10 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

Hi Rod,

I could only replicate this issue with a very low mesh resolution setting. Which isn't surprising in a complex hilly terrain like this one.

Could you try raising your mesh resolution settings?

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

My mesh resolution is at 5m.  I see a number of other responses after your memo.   My file sizesin the FTX_EU_!GBSII_07_MESH folder are the same size as John Burgess posted and that folder is active in my Scenery Library.  John Burgess posted a pic where things look correct though I didn't understand what he did to get it to be correct.  Does that mean that many users see the correct scenery as you intended.  If so, I will mention that my version came from updating v1.  I don't know if that is true for John Burgess or not.

Rod

Hi Rod,

The screenshot that looks correct was taken using the mesh which came with the older EU England scenery, nothing to do with TEGB.

Like you I updated to TEGB South version 2 from version 1 and, for whatever reason, the mesh is clearly not as it should be.

All the best,

John

Hi Sascha,

Just FYI, I have found that the v2 mesh has other issues also.  I have added a few scenes (e.g. Longleat) to the TEGB South for P3Dv4 scenery that included some flattens in v1.   Now that I am comparing v1 and v2 mesh, I notice that the flattens (cvx files) that I created for these few scenes no longer work in the Longleat or EGHA area (as if the cvx file wasn't there) in v2 but work perfectly when I substitute the v1 mesh.   The flattens do work in some parts of TEGB South v2 with the v2 or v1 mesh so there is a real corruption situation in place with the v2 mesh files as they were released.

Rod

Guys, you are awesome! This has been a bug that certainly hasn't been easy to track down, let alone to discover!

Seems that despite having exactly the same filesize as my originals, the version of TE_GBS_Mesh_V01__A2.bgl installed through Central is somehow corrupted. It cannot be loaded through P3D SDK tools and therefore cannot be loaded in P3D neither. In essence this affects the core area between Southampton and mid Wales as you can see in this screenshot:

screen.thumb.jpg.3dac6f7344f3fa6240881e6fe875d87f.jpg

This means that this whole area has no high resolution mesh at all (unless you have ENG installed underneath, which should not be required!).

I'm working on the next service pack now and have a non corrupted version added with that!

Bests,

Sascha

Archived