(EGTH) Hatfield UK

dabba

HI

I came across this area of no buildings or  autogen, it is the site of the old UK Hatfield airfield.

the Hatfield airfield code EGTH now allocated to Old Warden, it appears to be the only place I have came accross without autogen buildings.

the coordinates are in the pic.

Untitled1.png

Hello Terry,

a very Happy Christmas and New Year to you.

This is the site of Hatfield Aerodrome, closed in 1994 and redeveloped into the industrial estate as seen in the screen shot

before the end of the century.

For reasons of their own, Microsoft included it in their database for FSX, released 12 or so years later.

Of course the ICAO was given to Old Warden.

I would suspect that the developers of TEGB have set an autogen exclusion for all the FSX (now P3D but unchanged) airports

and that has cleared this site.

Perhaps it now needs another exclusion to exclude the exclusion.

Thanks Nick, I was going to give an explenation my self, but no need now.

I found it by chance, when I keyed in EGTH it took me to this location,  (Hatfield UK) prior to my re install of the Orbx version of Old Warden.

all the best to you and family

P.S and the Orbx Team

• 2 weeks later...

I quick update on things: The exclude seems to have been placed there by the "new" EGTH - Old Warden addon to get rid of the old one. Which means you will only see the missing buildings when you have EGTH installed.

I will forward this to the people in charge, hoping that something can be dine about this for a legacy airport like EGTH.

Bests,

Sascha

Archived