TE GB - POI and 3DM issues

F737MAX

First off, performance appears a bit better for me, some POI models appear to have been changed and most importantly GB is now fully covered, so thank you.

I have discovered some issues, however.
To be put onto a fix list:

• Misalignment of POI on base ortho

EvYA9oB.jpg
    (The blue buildings to the left of the aeroplane's nose)

dMyoeWZ.jpg
    (Cardiff castle buildings and outer walls plus the stadia - was previously fixed in v1 update)

• 3DM buildings interfering with POI

Fm7G4JE.jpg
    (Twickenham stadium to the right)

mDlXihT.jpg
    (Queen Alexandra Bridge, Sunderland)

• 3DM buildings interfering with airfields

nYf1XND.jpg
    (Example at EGTH)

All FTX airfields seem to be affected.

Very good finds! I will add them to the list of a potential service pack!

I don't believe that all FTX airfields will be affected. For some reason the cross referencing for EGTH doesn't seem to have worked for the 3DM buildings (I need to check why) but the other airfields all have separate 3DM filesets that should get deactivated by ORBX Central once the airport has been installed (be sure to run "verify files" for each airport after installing True Earth!).

• 2 weeks later...

Belated Happy New Year to everyone on the developement team!

I feel guilty for pointing out errors when there has been such an improvement to what we had in TE GB South v1.

These fixes, combined with the ones in my first post, would take a good product and turn it into a very good one for me.

Some further issues:

• Autogen buildings interfering with POI

A1UpZl8.jpg

Hertford Castle (below port wing)

• Missing extrusion bridges

gYcRoN0.jpg

Perth, Scotland

• Missing stadia (several large stadiums represented by 3DM or autogen buildings instead, just 2 examples below)

UJWwniz.jpg

Ricoh Arena, Coventry (There was a preview of this POI for TE GB Central XP)

2u549eW.jpg

Lord's Cricket Ground, London

• Inaccurate POI

Kg7HbK1.jpg

Snowdon Peak, Wales (the building and wall are far too tall compared to real world. Should be at least 50% of height. Lower into terrain until ground is level with bottom of windows)

• Railway stations represented by 3DM buildings or autogen buildings

O7fREhP.jpg

Stations would look a lot more realistic if platform canopies were reprensented by 3 types of canopy, IMO.

Modern (flat, T-shaped. Usually made from glass and steel): https://isabela.iweb.co.uk/image/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYnJveGFwLmNvbS9tZWRpYS9jYXRhbG9nL3Byb2R1Y3QvMS9fLzEuanBnP210aW1lPTE0MDM1MTY1NTI%3D/?q=85&e=1209600&t=inset

Old (triangular shaped. Usually from cast iron and wood): https://farm1.static.flickr.com/865/39513443820_4675d10c97_b.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0691/4699/products/1_81d2516a-e5de-4bf4-91a0-8bcf9449c4a2.jpeg?v=1423827034

Major station (semi-cylinder roofed. Usually from cast iron and glass):
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/GJ3MHW/aerial-view-of-london-paddington-station-praed-street-w2-GJ3MHW.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DGDB84/aerial-view-of-york-railway-station-in-york-north-yorkshire-DGDB84.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/EHKRTD/aerial-view-of-darlington-railway-station-EHKRTD.jpg

On 1/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, F737NG said:

Belated Happy New Year to everyone on the developement team!

I feel guilty for pointing out errors when there has been such an improvement to what we had in TE GB South v1.

These fixes, combined with the ones in my first post, would take a good product and turn it into a very good one for me.

Some further issues:

Thank you very much for this useful report! I have added this to our list for our next service pack and will see what can be fixed.

The 3DM buildings will remain unchanged however unless we have a better POI model (will need to check for that stadium model in Coventry!).

Bests,

Sascha

5 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

Thank you very much for this useful report! I have added this to our list for our next service pack and will see what can be fixed.

The 3DM buildings will remain unchanged however unless we have a better POI model (will need to check for that stadium model in Coventry!).

As stated in my earlier post above, there are quite a few larger sports stadiums missing (well above 10,000 capacity) in addition to the two I highlighted before, e.g. Twickenham Stoop, London, Griffin Park, Brentford, Vicarage Road, Watford that I would have expected to see included.

One final set of issues, I promise!

I had to add Scotflight scenery's Forth bridges as the Orbx rail and old road bridges disappeared for me. Problem #1

The new road bridge is Orbx (I excluded the Scotflight new road bridge). However, most, but not all road traffic runs across the river. Problem #2
Can you let me know if this is an issue my side or if that happens in your version of TE GB North also, please?

fQGhSns.jpg

@Sascha Normann Many thanks.

I would also like to point out that it is generally disappointing when the ends of large iconic road bridges "bend over" too far. The source of the problem with the Queensferry Crossing at the north side (as far as I can see) is the low resolution 20 metre mesh included with the package. The terrain rises up much more sharply in the real world on that side of the bridge, and the road deck is much flatter. Sorry to be blunt, but that "downward bend" looks ugly. It would also be nice to see the correct number of support pillars on the south side.

19 hours ago, F737NG said:

I had to add Scotflight scenery's Forth bridges as the Orbx rail and old road bridges disappeared for me. Problem #1

The new road bridge is Orbx (I excluded the Scotflight new road bridge). However, most, but not all road traffic runs across the river. Problem #2
Can you let me know if this is an issue my side or if that happens in your version of TE GB North also, please?

#1: Cannot confirm that I'm afraid. What do you refer to by "disappear"?

#2: We didn't place any traffic on the new bridge yet, so I'm not sure where you're getting that traffic from?

Bests,

Sascha

4 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

#1: Cannot confirm that I'm afraid. What do you refer to by "disappear"?

#2: We didn't place any traffic on the new bridge yet, so I'm not sure where you're getting that traffic from?

#1 They do not display at all in TE GB North for me.
Since no-one else has raised this as an issue, I'm guessing that it is a problem with my installation.

#2 Noted.
Because 2 of the 3 bridges do not show in my P3D, I have added another developer's (Scotflight scenery) bridges to my scenery.cfg. That must include the road traffic.
As I'm using the Orbx model for the new road bridge, the traffic file is confused by the lack of a Scotflight new road bridge model. - Please ignore this issue.

I hope the Service Pack can rectify the majority of the types of issues I raised in my first two posts on this thread. A fix for EGTH would be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks for the replies Sascha.

• 5 weeks later...

The southern end of the Forth Rail Bridge is not aligned properly with the photo base image. In addition, I noticed that the old road and rail bridges were not visible when I was on final approach to runway 24 at Edinburgh airport (as per the observation by F737NG), but when I loaded the scenery later to check this out, all three bridges were visible :huh:

Archived