Condor

TigerTigerM

In keeping with the current mild obsession for 3 engine aircraft, here I have a Freeware Condor VL Boeing 727-200 on its way out of Southampton, in Spring. (The aircraft comes with 153 liveries - Xmas arrived early!!:))

Per Wikipedia, this is some background on Condor.

"Condor, legally incorporated as Condor Flugdienst GmbH, is a German leisure airline based in Frankfurt and was a subsidiary of the now defunct Thomas Cook Group. It operates scheduled flights to leisure destinations in Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, the Indochinese Peninsula (until February 2020),  South Asia and North America. Its main base is at Frankfurt Airport with further smaller bases at other German airports.

The airline was originally established as Deutsche Flugdienst GmbH on 21 December 1955. Its initial fleet consisted of three 36-passenger Vickers VC.1 Viking aircraft, the airline's first tourist-orientated flight commenced on 29 March 1956. In 1961, Deutsche Flugdienst took over its rival Condor-Luftreederei and subsequently adopted Condor Flugdienst GmbH as its operating name. During 1966, Condor launched its first long-haul flights. By this time, the airline had a majority market share of Germany's tourism air travel market. During the 1990s, Condor was restructured and merged with other businesses to become an integrated tourism concern known as C&N Touristik.

From 2000 onwards, the Condor shares held by Lufthansa were gradually acquired by both Thomas Cook AG and Thomas Cook Group. On 4 February 2013, the Thomas Cook Group announced that Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium, and Condor would be merged into a single operating segment of the Thomas Cook Group, Thomas Cook Group Airlines. Under liquidation procedures issued by the UK Government Condor Flugdienst GmbH continues to be an asset of Thomas Cook Group plc until liquidated by the Official Receiver's appointees: KPMG and AlixPartners"

TTM

(P3D v4.5.13)

NuzZZ3z.jpg

4RAbPVm.jpg

NiCoOdM.jpg

Cool plane, I miss working these guys too.  153 liveries?  TTM, what does that make, several hundred thousand in your hangar?  :lol:  Just doggin' ya my friend.  Good for you, please post some more 727 shots, I'd love to see a a nice landing sequence in the old "lead sled."

Archived