No Autogen showing

keenrw

At some areas using Global and Land class Europe some texture tiles are showing no Autogen what so ever … Here is a departure from LIML runway 36 turning left … As you can see no autogen shown on the texture tiles ... i get the same with and without the add-on airport for LIML (default shown to discount add on airport).... I get the same over Munich Germany too .

Rich

Untitled.jpg

Hi Carlos

I'm sure they are but I put my scenery order up so Orbx staff and have a look , i asked a mate who also brought Global and LC Europe, and he has the same thing as well , it only seems to be the tiles shaped above as all the other autogen (buildings) displays fine e.g. around London etc as it dosnt use the same texture tiles .

Rich

Hi Rich

Ok agreed

Post your scenery here so they can check

Just for your records, my insertion points are ok as well as my libraries and I've been noticing missing autogen too in Brussels and Germany so far in my today's flights

So let's see what they can assist with, I'm sure @Nick Cooperwill be glad to give us some instructions to follow.

Regards,

Carlos

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think that this is to do with autogen descriptions.

What do you have installed apart from Orbx products please?

Hi Nick

Oh God, well in my case all these yellow dots are 3rd party products

j1Wypxb.jpg

Aerosoft

Fly Tampa

DD

Digital Desing

etc, etc

I'm installing back all 3rd pty stuff I have  :wacko:

xb7rHPg.jpg

Cheers

Carlos

Hi NIck

I installed the libraries update and tested EBBR, same results, all the area within the red line has no autogen

oNtlJAg.jpg

The product seems to bring a folder that contains an Autogen folder, I disabled this and restarted and same results. This is south of EBBR departing runway 19

0T6kv5H.jpg

Then I disabled the scenery for flying the default one and the result is the same:

oIC6F8z.jpg

I read in another posts that running a verification file with FTX Central solved a similar issue for others. I'm about to but I would like to know the following

Some bgls required to be put as off in some sceneries  Some products even bring an Orbx compatibility patch

If i run the verification tool in FTX Central ( because I recently had to reinstalled all Global products through Central because Central mysteriously made a mess and changed the insertion points, and removed all products I had from my scenery, etc) do I have to put all bgls off again after running the verification tools?

Thanks

Carlos

Hi Nick

Got all my autogen back in Brussels even with the 3rd pty addon and all its folders

0mJOaBi.jpg

8z0GIpS.jpg

How I fixed it?

Downloaded FTX Central and run the verification files of OLC Europe and the Base Global pack, then uninstalled FTX Central when Opened Central

The joke is that I just installed through Central these products a few days ago due to the issue I mysteriously suffered with Central... so I dare to say Central doesn't work totally fine yet

Thank you

I hope you can help the fellows above with their issue

Cheers

Carlos

I hope this can be fixed using Orbx Central as don't want to try FTX Central in case i muck up an otherwise fully working sim ... i also have Autogen configuration merger or what ever its called, i found some other areas without autogen too .

Thanks

Rich

Update.

Hello,

it seems that there is a problem with P3D v4 and autogen which has appeared since the release of version 4.4.

If you are interested in the technical details, someone has studied it and come up with

this post that makes interesting reading.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/add-on-autogen-bug-in-p3d-4-4-and-4-5-workaround.446495/

Our developers are fully aware of this now and the problem with autogen is being actively investigated and a

solution sought.

While the problem can be reproduced, it is not apparently consistent.

The other problem with landclass which is giving customers night textures during the day is also under investigation.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Update.

Hello,

it seems that there is a problem with P3D v4 and autogen which has appeared since the release of version 4.4.

If you are interested in the technical details, someone has studied it and come up with

this post that makes interesting reading.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/add-on-autogen-bug-in-p3d-4-4-and-4-5-workaround.446495/

Our developers are fully aware of this now and the problem with autogen is being actively investigated and a

solution sought.

While the problem can be reproduced, it is not apparently consistent.

The other problem with landclass which is giving customers night textures during the day is also under investigation.

Thank you very much Nick , looking forward to the fix at some point,... i must say that Orbx have fantastic customer support .

Merry  Christmas all

Rich

6 hours ago, Navigator16 said:

So you can leave FTX Central installed when you download and install ORBX Central?

I'm running both at the moment, I spent my weekend reinstalling all my orbx stuff via FTX Central, I've only used ORBX central to install addons that FTX Central cannot, everything else including insertion points i do in FTX central only.

Looking at this thread these guys are having the exact same issues as me before i reinstalled.

4 hours ago, R Smith said:

I'm running both at the moment, I spent my weekend reinstalling all my orbx stuff via FTX Central, I've only used ORBX central to install addons that FTX Central cannot, everything else including insertion points i do in FTX central only.

Looking at this thread these guys are having the exact same issues as me before i reinstalled.

Hmm yeah I seen that thanks

Hi all,

As Nick has mentioned, the missing autogen is most likely an issue with Prepar3D itself. We're still working on potential ways to mitigate this. The thread Nick linked does have potential workarounds you can use, although they aren't easy to implement.

In the meantime if you use third-party add-ons that do have custom autogen, disabling their autogen entries when not using them would be the easiest solution for now. We'll speak more about this issue in the new year when we can investigate this issue further.

Hi Rich,

Unfortunately it isn't very easy. If you have any of your third-party add-ons installed via add-on.xml (i.e they're not in the simulator directory and have an add-on.xml file in their folder), you can open up the add-on.xml in notepad to see if it has an Autogen entry. You are looking to see if <Category>Autogen</Category> exists somewhere in that file. Understandably, this can get tedious if you have many add-ons installed. We're hoping to have some form of mitigation as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Unfortunately it isn't very easy. If you have any of your third-party add-ons installed via add-on.xml (i.e they're not in the simulator directory and have an add-on.xml file in their folder), you can open up the add-on.xml in notepad to see if it has an Autogen entry. You are looking to see if <Category>Autogen</Category> exists somewhere in that file. Understandably, this can get tedious if you have many add-ons installed. We're hoping to have some form of mitigation as soon as possible.

Two addons that have recently been causing problems with this were my Lukla Mount Everest Extreme (shame on me...) and Chania. Both have received updates a few weeks ago that solved the problem. Hope that helps.

A little background: In the SDK it was described that it is possible to add definitions through new autogen entires in an add-on.xml. Apparently this is not the case and P3D only looks for the most recent additions so that it cannot "see" all the other ones anymore. Missing autogen library models cause the whole autogen of tiles to disappear (it just stops loading the rest of the tile if it cannot find just one of the objects). This being on a global scale and the scenery entries causing this usually being not affected makes this hard to pin down. I could imagine that there are still quite a few developers out there who aren't yet aware of the problem.

Bests,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again .... but is this something that the Orbx team would be able to fix as I'm not too confident manually editing files or something and i hope that LM don't start saying it is a scenery  developer issue as I cannot see everyone fixing this what with MSFS2020 due this year.

Thanks

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Not fixed for me. Very annoying. Not sure if we are waiting for a fix from LM or ORBX. Sounds like this might be a P3D bug, but it really affects ORBX and third party sceneries. 

Have not bought any ORBX products since this bug surfaced unfortunately.  

4 hours ago, M-Sauce said:

Not fixed for me. Very annoying. Not sure if we are waiting for a fix from LM or ORBX. Sounds like this might be a P3D bug, but it really affects ORBX and third party sceneries. 

Have not bought any ORBX products since this bug surfaced unfortunately.  

Hmm I see ok thanks 

Hi

I would like to let you know (maybe you have it) that 29 palms Skiathos scenery causes the missing of some trees ( at least in my case) It could have also been the reason for some autogen missing too

So in case you have it you have one that causes problems, actually after fixing it I found this text in their addon manager

7OVrSbL.jpg

ElnX5pd.jpg

uA77bNB.jpg

I solved the issue by deleting the xml file and then adding manually the scenery to the library and got my trees back

It could also be causing issues with the autogen.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived