London City Faults - EGLC - P3Dv4

I am seeing a weird bleed through on the airport which occasionally flickers (image shows this)

Also i am seeing a very slow and rather random blinking of what looks like lights that flash every 8 or 9 seconds apart in various places around the ramp and terminal building area?

1133350922_Prepar3DScreenshot2019_12.02-20_24_32.85_LI.thumb.jpg.50cacfdf019275c32bc885ce257220f2.jpg

986512178_Prepar3DScreenshot2019_12.02-20_22_03.59_LI.thumb.jpg.8f60d9151e3ac514837020e410ecc53c.jpg

Any ideas?

I'm also having issues with EGLC. First of all, it's a frame rate killer. I purchased East Midlands and London City at the same time. East Midlands is brilliant. Getting 40 - 50 fps. London City drops frames below 20, even after unclicking everything. Also, I saved the flight to EGLC, and the next day loaded it up and my aircraft, as well as all of the UT AI, were sunken up to their fuselage. Landing gear not visible. EGLC does not appear in the list of airports to deactivate in Global Vector airport elevation. I'm running Global Base, Global Vector, Open LC Europe, EU, HD Trees and Global Buildings.  I'm running P3D V4.5.

I had elevation issues with this but found an EGLC entry in Scenery/World/Scenery. With that disabled I had this looking good. I too get awful fps. Slower than Fly Tampa Sydney which is not too bad at around 22fps but with settings reduced for EGLC I am pushing to get 12-17fps. Close to unusable for me.

Bernie

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the idea is that airport developers are supposed to offer support for their products.

Have you tried the suggestion in post 4 at all?

Can you rule out there being another airport version or a remnant of it in the same location?

Ive never had any other EGLCs on this setup or afcads but since a few others show the same bleed issues i might guess its a genuine bug...

It seems to be at EGLC and the images i took up top where you can see taxiways and ramps bleeding some form of underlying imprint also appear in the uploaded video clip. These flicker in and out of the scenery rather than appear solidly. Now i think it might be a bug i could be wrong. This is happening at just this airport.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay. I'm on holiday at the moment and have limited access to the forums and email.

First off, can you confirm that you have set the correct control panel options specifying which base product(s) you are using? I didn't see any mention of the control panel earlier in the thread.

Cheers,

Greg 

1 hour ago, bradley27 said:

In the ORBX EU England folder for scenery i turned off the ADE, CVX and Objects files for EGLC (3 of them)...I would hope those processes are correct?

In Orbx Central under the EGLC product entry there is a control panel which allows you to specify what base product you are using to ensure correct compatibility.

Make sure those options are set correctly.

Greg

I had selected ORBX EU England before however i dont believe that it turned those 3 files off mentioned above so i did it myself as in the past almost as a rule of thumb you would deactivate the default ORBX England airport if you had another 3rd party rendition..

4 hours ago, bradley27 said:

I had selected ORBX EU England before however i dont believe that it turned those 3 files off mentioned above so i did it myself as in the past almost as a rule of thumb you would deactivate the default ORBX England airport if you had another 3rd party rendition..

Can you try selecting the alternate option (I'm away from my PC and can't recall the exact wording). Let me know if the result is better or worse.

The issue is the way the airport model is designed to sit almost flush with the terrain at EGLC. If the terrain is somehow different from what we expect, you will see results such as these. In testing, the different control panel options accounted for any such eventuality.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greg

Did this issue get resolved? Unfortunately I am seeing all of the same anomalies at EGLC regardless of how I set the 'Base Scenery' option in the configurator.

In my case I have Global Base, Open LC Europe and EU England installed, and have never had any other EGLC products on my machine.

Hope you can help!

Luke

Hi, i do always check those control panels before flying. And i am sure i have chosen my setup correctly to LC England. It would be nice, if anybody could start to think of what this could be basically. If Greg says, that the layers are close to each other, than maybe the Mesh setting could solve it. I am far away from my sim, so i can not verify right now. Help would be appreciated. 

But the more i think of it, it could be a PBR or shader related issue. If Nick says, he has no issues, maybe we shall compare our shader tools. But why are all other Airport looking fine. I do own around 70 airport add ons from nearly all developers. But really only London has problems. Why???? Some days ago i have installed Goteburg, Edinburgh and Belgrade (All from Orbx). no issues there? Why London?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived