KSUN Elevation Issue

mattdee

image.thumb.png.e3eab64da34ae8f85186b8dda913d535.png

I have tried absolutely everything I can possibly find on this subject how to resolve this elevation issue with KSUN for a total of absolutely no joy, and it's really giving me the dirts! I've tried the AEC aplication, I've tried un installing amd re installing, I've tried adjusting the scenery density etc. etc. I'm at the point of if I can't resolve this then I'll be looking for a credit on my account. Any further suggestions would be gratfully received and attenpted. Thanks

Hi Nick it’s hard to actually describe as I also lose the plane in some views as well. It’s really weird as this is the only airport of all the ORBX products I have that this is happening to. I’ve never had issues like this with any of the other products. I do notice that this along with Hawaii have been installed outside of the sim, whether this has anything to do with it remains a mystery.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, mattdee said:

Hi Nick it’s hard to actually describe as I also lose the plane in some views as well. It’s really weird as this is the only airport of all the ORBX products I have that this is happening to. I’ve never had issues like this with any of the other products. I do notice that this along with Hawaii have been installed outside of the sim, whether this has anything to do with it remains a mystery.

Mattdee I have had the same issues even GSX does not work correctly I have talked to nick about it and I have done everything I finally gave up and uninstalled it. looking forward to FS2020 maybe it will be fixed and work better we shall see....

On 12/17/2019 at 3:47 AM, porsche said:

Was this problem ever solved?

I'd like to purchase KSUN but having had elevation issues with another product of this particular developer before they were associated with ORBX and not solved I'm reluctant.

No never solved, I should really be asking for a credit from ORBX considering the $$$$$$$$ I've spent on their products. So I'd advise against throwing any money at this one.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:10 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Porsche

I recently purchased KSUN mysfelf

And have no issues

Af4uzOr.jpg

NKNNW96.jpg

iBSruLN.jpg

5uSI43F.jpg

Hope this helps deciding

Cheers

Carlos

I am having issues with GSX not recognising taxiways and gates correctly. Is GSX working flawless for you in this airport?

On 12/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, BoyScout said:

I had the same issue with this airport.  Make sure your mesh resolution is correct or you will have this issue.  Thanks

Rob

Thanks I had it correct I think I may have this issue since I don't own the region...

I've now got KSUN and the only elevation issues I've noticed are by the terminal where one of the ramp workers is in concrete to his thighs and a nosewheel was half way sunk in the ramp when taxiing there. That said for such a good scenery i have no complaints and those couple imperfections are not an issue to me. Dave

Have any of you had problems with the hard surface of the runway at the 31 end being several feet above the actual runway(texture) elevation, then slowly sloping down to meet the actual runway somewhere before B5? I have the terrain resolution set to 5m as the manual suggests.

The rest of the elevations and sloped surfaces seem perfect including sloped roads in the carpark and behind the terminal.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Hi mattdee,

I have also been experiencing elevation problems at KSUN (please see attached screen print).

I solved my elevation problems by doing the following (your directories might be slightly different to mine, but you can always do a search in Windows Explorer for the 2 files.

Go to W:\Orbx\p3dv4\KSUN Friedman Memorial Airport\Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSUN\Scenery. There you will find several files. One is named cvx_KSUN_Elev.bgl. The other file is named

cvx_RLMeshFlatten.bgl. Rename both of these files from .bgl to .off.  Start P3D and go to KSUN, If it doesn't work you can always rename them back to .bgl, but it worked fine for me. Personally, I would try renaming one first, trying it, then renaming the other.

Please let me know how you get on with it.

Kindest regards

Colin 

KSUN Elevation Problem.jpg

Hi all,

this mesh thing is really annoying and since upgrading to Prepar3d 4.5 HF 3 I ran into troubles again. KSUN looks like in Colin's picture above... What I tried was

• enabling/disabling AEC in Vector -> no avail
  • enabling/disabling "KSUN_ADEP4_GRJ_ALT.bgl" in Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSUN\WorldScenery\Scenery folder makes no difference
  • disabling "cvx_RLMeshFlatten.bgl" in Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSUN\Scenery folder restores the runway to airport level, but there are still deep pits or holes in the runway
  • enabling/disabling "cvx_KSUN_Elev.bgl" in Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSUN\Scenery folder makes no difference

Just to be clear: I'm not talking about nuisances like marshallers being half sunk into the ground - I don't even get a runway without pits in it so that the airport is completely unusable. Is there another solution you might hint me to? I haven't found anything so far to cure KSUN...

Thanks in advance, Christian

PS: I'm running nearly every other Orbx Addon, especially FTX NA, Vector, Base, NA LC etc.

Hello Folks

I just went back to my KSUN and all works fine

I have:

P3D V 4.5.14.3468 = (hot fix 3) Updated content, client & scenery ( then verified all the files for all Orbx Global Products)

NA Central Rockies

KSUN of course and installed outside P3D root folder

GSX as mentioned by Shom ( sorry mate I had forgotten to check this)

Free MeshX Global 2.0

AIG AI Traffic ( which is free and an absolute wonder https://www.alpha-india.net/ )

Can't think of any other product that could affect here..

My settings:

sdllmdx.jpg

pbgkjkH.jpg

d7azocm.jpg

ZZpOlG3.jpg

This is how the KSUN scenery folder bgls look like:

W8TM5kM.jpg

And the is the only bgl in the world scenery folder

knjLKDT.jpg

This is KSUN in Vector

QiTVw8O.jpg

And this is the result

HaxGBQU.jpg

hLQrwiS.jpg

yOapGm0.jpg

iNbe3Gu.jpg

iGL47fw.jpg

Those avatars seemed to be well on the ground not sunk

XnZHhOb.jpg

Oh there he is the most most used avatar in brown, at the end

N3zMflo.jpg

Hope this helps somehow as I don't know what else to share. You might have some add-on affecting or maybe a missing one?...

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your detailed insights - all the configuration variables look pretty much the same on my system. Unfortunately my airport looks like this:

grafik.thumb.png.b0f693430f2d371fb53904f394dbf7cb.png

As I said: absolutey unusable... ;-)

I'm totally running out of ideas... :-(

Hmm, sometimes the answer comes unexpected: I have two entries in my scenery.cfg for KSUN. Both reside ther per setup routine - I did not configure them manually.

Now I moved my "Orbx KSUN Sun Valley" entry (from the top at prio 1) under the priority of "FTX_AA_KSUN":

grafik.png.ce8ab1ce62fde931a2c3f7c468638d23.png

And for the first time KSUN shines in all its splendour. Remains one question: why are there two scenery entries conflicting with each other?

Cheers, Christian

Archived