TE NCal Questions

JoseCFII

Hello,

sorry for the omission of the product size.

I have asked for it to be added to the product pages.

The SD version is around 54 GB.

MisterX KSFO can be made compatible:

I do not know the answer to your third question but as there are no airports in the products,

I expect that there will be a way.

4 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Is MisterX KSFO compatible?

MisterX6 uploaded a new data file to make KSFO work with True Earth.  Go to his download page for KSFO on the "ORG" forum and hit the download button.  There will be 3 files there now.  If you already have his v2.0.1 of KSFO installed, all you need to download is the "fix" file and copy the included folder in it to the main KSFO folder.  READ THE INCLUDED README file.  You also need to REMOVE all 3 of the other folders that came with the whole KSFO download (the traffic ones for the bridges and the buildings).   You will end up with just ONE folder for KSFO in the Custom Scenery folder instead of 4 of them now.

14 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Help please!

Since downloading and installing TE Northern California, all airport default scenery has disappeared, ie. bulidings. There are no airport buildings at KSFO, and also none at Sacramento either. I haven't checked other airports yet, but my departure airport KSEA was fine.

Run the "Verify Files" thing in Central for Northern California.  You may have to do it a few times.  I had the same issue because some of the downloaded files were in the wrong formats (a few texture files were .JPG's instead of .PNG's so they couldn't get converted to .DDS's and my X-Plane would keep crashing trying to start).  The first time after I got THOSE fixed, I got the missing airports at KSFO too.  Another "Verify Files" fixed THAT then.  Never a dull moment.

55 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Run the "Verify Files" thing in Central for Northern California.  You may have to do it a few times.  I had the same issue because some of the downloaded files were in the wrong formats (a few texture files were .JPG's instead of .PNG's so they couldn't get converted to .DDS's and my X-Plane would keep crashing trying to start).  The first time after I got THOSE fixed, I got the missing airports at KSFO too.  Another "Verify Files" fixed THAT then.  Never a dull moment.

That worked fine thanks FalconAF. Just had to verify the files once only it looks like.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

@FalconAF

this information is in the link in post 2.

Thanks for adding it again but it is already there.

Hazard of seeing 4 other threads with the same question and no answer in them yet.  I posted the solution in those threads too.  Got to this thread and just did it again.  Oh well...

Was probably a little frustrated that Central took 4 times to get my Northern California download installation working correctly too.  Oh well...I posted in some of those similar "It doesn't work!" threads too.  

I have all the True Earth for UK and have just downloaded the TE Northern California.

In San Francisco International there doesn't seem to be very much detail as in no moving ground traffic or ground handling facility

In Oakland area the ground detail looks sparse and there are no roads on approach to the airport. Can anyone confirm what I am seeing is the same as theirs please?

TIA.

Oakland.JPG

The fix for what you are seeing is in this topic. However be advised that Orbx doesn't do anything to the airports in their True Earth series except additional airport addons payware.

All the info you need to improve the situation is in the topic below

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2019 at 8:55 PM, FalconAF said:

MisterX6 uploaded a new data file to make KSFO work with True Earth.  Go to his download page for KSFO on the "ORG" forum and hit the download button.  There will be 3 files there now.  If you already have his v2.0.1 of KSFO installed, all you need to download is the "fix" file and copy the included folder in it to the main KSFO folder.  READ THE INCLUDED README file.  You also need to REMOVE all 3 of the other folders that came with the whole KSFO download (the traffic ones for the bridges and the buildings).   You will end up with just ONE folder for KSFO in the Custom Scenery folder instead of 4 of them now.

Thanks.

Archived