Night textures bleed through during the day

Searched extensively through the forums and have tried all the suggestions with no luck. Not sure what is causing this but I have exhausted all other avenues. This just started happening. Have made no changes other than the new PMDG 737NGXu. Does anyone know how to fix this? Have Vector and open lc NA. This is over Denver.Capture.thumb.JPG.8c4f1e7c35f7f7328f66550c9e0aa29e.JPG

You are one of many, me included, having the same problem.

Not limited to LC NA, as other LC's have the same issue, Europe in my case.

There is no fix to this sofar, at least did not see one...

If there is one I'd like to see it appearing here.

Rgds,

Hans

Referencing Holger's solution, he writes....

" The easiest fix -- rather than hunting for specific incorrect or missing entries -- is to "refresh" the terrain.cfg file. To do so you can use a backup of the original FSX/P3D version that we include in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder."

I do not have an FTXCENTRAL, or ORBXCENTRAL folder in the scripts folder....is that because of how OC handles things differently than FTXC?

Sherm

Hi

What about insertion point setting in Orbx Central? 

You can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then also please attach a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

What about insertion point setting in Orbx Central? 

You can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then also please attach a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Yeah, I tried that first since its usually the culprit. 

Same issue here with P3Dv4.5 HF2 and Orbx Central 4.0.25 - I've checked insertion points, verified the files from the Orbx Central scenery regions, replaced the terrain.cfg from Nick. Reinstalled regions and reinstalled P3D.

Very frustrating!

Gary

I verified all my LC regions plus libraries and that seems to have cured the problem. I am using Orbx Central 4.025 with P3D v4.5, HF2

N.B. I have only tested this with one airport that previously showed an all black polygon instead of tarmac. I will check other airports I frequent and report any anomalies.

sherm

FIXED - I missed the Libraries for verification in the Global Range section of Orbx Central. I had been looking in the settings section, where I think it used to reside in earlier versions.

Thanks Sherm for highlighting as I'd only been updating the sceneries in the Europe section!

Regards, Gary

Archived